So just what is it that bothers our maga folk about transgender particularly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I think it's likely they want to keep Trump in their back pocket for later. Should he survive court. Transition from the Floyd riots to Jan 6th and there was dead silence because I assume the first person that came to their minds was Trump. (However, these things are interchangeable and it could be the Democrats next time around.) I think overall it's stand-offishy. Joe's wants to run again so there is that issue. And Trump in a hypothetical primary and I'll believe differently when I see it. There's hasn't been a reason to during the Trump era.
I just saw this. Maybe there is hope for a decent candidate.......let's see who they trot out next time.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I just saw this. Maybe there is hope for a decent candidate.......let's see who they trot out next time.

This part is odd....

Charlie Kirk, co-founder of Turning Point USA and a Trump supporter, is one of a number of conservatives promoting the quixotic Democratic nomination hopes of Robert F. Kennedy Jr., a liberal critic of vaccines, as part of a broader argument about political realignment outside the two-party system.

“I believe there is a new coalition being built — not a coalition that is right versus left, but instead, bottom-up versus the ruling oligarchy regime,” Kirk said on his right-wing radio program Monday. “When I got Robert F. Kennedy Jr. getting standing ovations and sitting Republican senators getting booed at a right-wing conservative event, it’s an exciting time to be alive.”

1683355235627.png

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
It's still what their spend is and it has limits. I'm comparing the 1B to what they have to spend. Why is your GDP number a more accurate representation?
Let me repeat again that $1B is a lot of money and, of course, should be put to the best possible and efficient use. I think that we agree on this one.

In the context of Texas, $1B is not that much money. From your stated $359B Texan total state expenditure, the $1B is less than 0.00279%, so pretty minor, and even much smaller when compared to the Texan economy of $2.4 trillion by GDP, which makes Texas the 9th largest economy in the world by GDP.

Any increase in taxes to finance that $1B is easy to do with very little impact on the economy. I'm not even sure you can measure the impact reliably, but here economists have to chime in (real ones, not the political hacks).

Now, $1B is for sure a huge deal for a number of smaller (in GDP) US states, like Vermont with a GDP of $40.6B, never mind their state budget. For them $1B would be a burden, but for Texas, not at all.

So perhaps this better explains why I wrote that $1B is a "rounding error" in the context of the Texas economy?

Last edited:
jinjuku

jinjuku

So perhaps this better explains why I wrote that $1B is a "rounding error" in the context of the Texas economy?
I would think anyone that takes in 370K a year, spends 359K of it, realizes what $1000 means even if $1000 is .0027%

Am I wrong here? Anyone not able to see it this way?

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I would think anyone that takes in 370K a year, spends 359K of it, realizes what $1000 means even if $1000 is .0027%

Am I wrong here? Anyone not able to see it this way?
You see a big number ($1B) but don’t understand the context.

jinjuku

jinjuku

You see a big number ($1B) but don’t understand the context.
No, I don't agree with YOUR context.

I'm MORE than happy to let our points stand on their own merit.

Additional context: $1 Billion could feed 4 million TX children for a year.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Apparently Dee Snider is transphobic

I've another question:

So just what is it that bothers our transgender folk about any scintilla of questioning the trans agenda particularly?
It's in keeping with the character assassination of JK Rowling, so I'm not surprised. Snider's comments made sense to me.

This just reflects one of my beefs with progressives. The loudest voices are usually the most doctrinaire and they appear to be the arbiters of what is acceptable speech and attitude. They save their strongest venom for those who are seen to stray from the program, rather than their declared enemies on the far right.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Some welcomes are warmer than others.
I imagine a warm hand would receive a warmer welcome.

Anyway, instead of risking arrest, I think if someone asks me to use their preferred pronouns, I'll do so, even if said pronouns seem incongruous with their appearance - just to be polite.

I mean, if one isn't permitted any control over their own pronouns, I can call you and Jinjuku "Miss" if I like, right?

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I would think anyone that takes in 370K a year, spends 359K of it,
On that I would say it depends on where a person lived and if its a dual income household and their choices on how they want to live their life. Not to mention their ages, any children and their ages, their health and spending habits .

Last edited:
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
On that I would say it depends on where a person lived and if its a dual income household and their choices on how they want to live their life. Not to mention their ages, their health and spending habits .
I didn't bother to comment on that part in my reply to him, but you comment is spot on. If he lives like that he's just one pay check away from personal economic disaster.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I didn't bother to comment on that part in my reply to him, but you comment is spot on. If he lives like that he's just one pay check away from personal economic disaster.
I agree . A $11k remaining cash flow is living on the pure edge. Oh I forgot to add ( which I went back and added) any children and their ages.

A perfect example using a $350k combined income and a monthly and a yearly budget with kids https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/11/you-need-to-make-350000-a-year-to-live-a-middle-class-lifestyle-today-heres-why.html

Last edited:
jinjuku

jinjuku

That's my fucking point dudes.... jesus. It's WHY I made the household budget example. Your responded to the precarious nature but missed the forest for the trees. This is the fine balance many states find themselves in. A billion is not a rounding error in that circumstance.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I agree . A $11k remaining cash flow is living on the pure edge. Oh I forgot to add ( which I went back and added) any children and their ages.

A perfect example using a $350k combined income and a monthly and a yearly budget with kids https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/11/you-need-to-make-350000-a-year-to-live-a-middle-class-lifestyle-today-heres-why.html
From your link most of the expenses they listed are not discretionary so there really is not much to cut down if needed to be done at once.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
That's my fucking point dudes.... jesus. It's WHY I made the household budget example. Your responded to the precarious nature but missed the forest for the trees. This is the fine balance many states find themselves in. A billion is not a rounding error in that circumstance.
Your example just shows that you don't understand the difference private (household) economy and what is available to a state that has the power of taxation. There are a number of other important differences as well, but I'm not going to give you any links that you as usual will not read anyhow, or don't understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis