So just what is it that bothers our maga folk about transgender particularly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
From your link most of the expenses they listed are not discretionary so there really is not much to cut down if needed to be done at once.
Agree as someone that raised 2 daughters awhile ago, its pretty spot on unless one doesn't want to save money or contribute to any form of pension or savings of any kind, college funds, vacations or contributions. And its not a fine balance its a choice people put themselves in to live with an over abundance of debt and for some, living way above their means to keep up with the "Jones". People have a choice, but sadly a lot of people in this country now would rather not work and get a free handout that to do an honest days work to better themselves and their families, and our Fed Govt and states just keep on allowing these handouts to occur since they dug themselves in a hole by providing $$ during COVID. What a mess.

Last edited:
jinjuku

jinjuku

Your example just shows that you don't understand the difference private (household) economy and what is available to a state that has the power of taxation. There are a number of other important differences as well, but I'm not going to give you any links that you as usual will not read anyhow, or don't understand.
It doesn't matter what the state has the power to do. It's not done yet.

The FACTS are that their input is $370B, output is $359B. What don't you understand about water being wet?

You can't be this obtuse... Or maybe you can be.

Yes Texas could even TRIPLE their tax rates using your rationale. But I think we both know they can't raise taxes carte blanche. Just another dog whistle from you.

And the couple making $350/yr could go and pick up side hustles.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja

The FACTS are that their input is $370B, output is $359B. What don't you understand about water being wet?

Yes Texas could even TRIPLE their tax rates using your rationale. But I think we both know they can't raise taxes carte blanche. Just another dog whistle from you.

most likely a typo you noted "I would think anyone that takes in 370K a year, spends 359K ", not billion.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan

So you still don't understand, and straw man arguments as well "Just another dog whistle from you." just confirms that even more.

A state uses debt, short as well as long, to finance their budget, even if it has to be balanced (not run a budget deficit). The interest rate the state has to offer to the market for it to buy is affected by many factors, but taxation is a big one.

Last edited:
jinjuku

jinjuku

So you still don't understand, and straw man arguments as well "Just another dog whistle from you." just confirms that even more.
If you've debunked the Input of $370B, the output of $359, the difference of $11B, and $1B spend on services for illegal immigrants then I'm all ears.

You're response thus far: TX could raise taxes. That's the best you have?

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
If you've debunked the Input of $370B, the output of $359, the difference of $11B, and $1B spend on services for illegal immigrants then I'm all ears.

You're response thus far: TX could raise taxes. That's the best you have?
You really failed to understand this as to why this is a very minor amount of money for an economy the size of Texas. Not even 0.0027% of state budget gave you a hint, and you gave a nonsensical of a person living pay check to pay check where 0.0027% is a big deal. Good grief!

jinjuku

jinjuku

You really failed to understand this as to why this is a very minor amount of money for an economy the size of Texas. Not even 0.0027% of state budget gave you a hint, and you gave a nonsensical of a person living pay check to pay check where 0.0027% is a big deal. Good grief!
I'm in disagreement with you on this point.You want to compare it to the overall budget. Totally fair. What is equally fair is to compare it to the total surplus. And that # is now magically ~9+ %.

Their budget on welfare, education, healthcare is ~100 billion. Now we are talking 1%. If you had three bank accounts totaling 100K and 1K when missing would you shrug it off?

Based on your and CPP prior posts we agree that 370-359 is razor thin. Hence my focus on the margin.

Also how is me relating this to a household budget nonsensical?

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I'm in disagreement with you on this point.You want to compare it to the overall budget. Totally fair. What is equally fair is to compare it to the total surplus. And that # is now magically ~9+ %.

Their budget on welfare, education, healthcare is ~100 billion. Now we are talking 1%. If you had three bank accounts totaling 100K and 1K when missing would you shrug it off?

Based on your and CPP prior posts we agree that 370-359 is razor thin. Hence my focus on the margin.

Also how is me relating this to a household budget nonsensical?
To be honest, I've tried to point out some very crucial differences between a household budget, a state one as well as financing in a number of replies to you. Not sure what more I can do here.

jinjuku

jinjuku

To be honest, I've tried to point out some very crucial differences between a household budget, a state one as well as financing in a number of replies to you. Not sure what more I can do here.
Your point was that TX could increase taxation. I'm not disagreeing with that point.

We are at odds on what numbers we want to use. We can each let our posts stand on merit.

$1B could feed 4 million kids in TX for a year. That in a nutshell is your 'rounding error'. You can explain that away however you see fit.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Your point was that TX could increase taxation. I'm not disagreeing with that point.

We are at odds on what numbers we want to use. We can each let our posts stand on merit.

$1B could feed 4 million kids in TX for a year. That in a nutshell is your 'rounding error'. You can explain that away however you see fit.
Honestly I just appreciate you highlighting the staggering costs it puts on Texas to deal with the border and the inflow of illegal immigration.

Living here I see it first hand. My sister just took a contract for upper management at a major hospital here in San Antonio. The amount of illegals coming in with major health problems she said is staggering. The hospital has to treat them for free.

We just had a hospital close down here in San Antonio. 1/4 of they're patients were unable to pay for services. Can you imagine any business having to give away 1/4th of they're inventory or services for free being able to survive?

And that's just the cost medically. Now factor in crime especially cartel crime violence and drug trafficking housing issues the list goes on and on. Theft and damage to residents living in farms and border towns. Some of the cities and states Abbot bussed illegals to are already crying to the gov for aid. I'm like your crying already? We do way more then that on a DAILY basis every day of the year. And for some of the states complaining it's putting a strain on there limited budget and resources. Here in Texas we're saying well hey its the exact same situation with us! Welcome to our world. Now you get a taste of how it feels.

Border control is real simple when you look at it logically. Let's say I had a big big house. I'm doing well of. But my budget isn't limitless. And I start putting people in those rooms in that house that can't pay bills consume my costs of living such as groceries energy etc until my costs of living keep going up until my budget can no longer afford it. What's going to happen to my house to me? When I default on my bills and loan? Well we all go down including myself.

Both long term establishment Republicans and Democrats don't want this issue resolved. Both parties have been guilty of continuing to keep kicking this can farther down the road. But thanks to Covid and the damage it did to us economically and in addition to our rising debt nationally. And this no longer a problem we can continue to keep avoiding for much longer

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I imagine a warm hand would receive a warmer welcome.

Anyway, instead of risking arrest, I think if someone asks me to use their preferred pronouns, I'll do so, even if said pronouns seem incongruous with their appearance - just to be polite.

I mean, if one isn't permitted any control over their own pronouns, I can call you and Jinjuku "Miss" if I like, right?
Depends- on a hot, Summer day.....o_O

jinjuku

jinjuku

I imagine a warm hand would receive a warmer welcome.

Anyway, instead of risking arrest, I think if someone asks me to use their preferred pronouns, I'll do so, even if said pronouns seem incongruous with their appearance - just to be polite.

I mean, if one isn't permitted any control over their own pronouns, I can call you and Jinjuku "Miss" if I like, right?
You call me what ever you like:

1. I'm not a wimp
2. I just won't interact with you and we can go our separate ways. After 50 years I know how to deal with assholes.

Even on this board people go by handles/nicknames. No big deal. It's entered into voluntarily however.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
And here in lies the problem. If all it takes for you to say whatever we want you to say is the risk of arrest. Well why stop at pro-nouns?
That was a joke, referring to "cop a feel".

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
You call me what ever you like:

1. I'm not a wimp
2. I just won't interact with you and we can go our separate ways. After 50 years I know how to deal with assholes.

Even on this board people go by handles/nicknames. No big deal. It's entered into voluntarily however.
Jeez, lighten up Francis.

jinjuku

jinjuku

I like her take on the matter (;tldr: you came for our women and our children)

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Well guess what? In this week's issue of JAMA the lead article is a controlled study on the outcome of pregnancies from women who have transgendered to men and got pregnant, compared to the outcome in CIS gender pregnancies.

The intent of the study was to see if there was any deleterious effect on the outcome from previous testosterone usage.

The outcome showed no significant difference in outcome.

Really this tells you all. Essentially a big part of this nonsense is gross and unfettered exhibitionism.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I like her take on the matter (;tldr: you came for our women and our children)
Since you watched the clip and made a synopsis, you’re sure there is no mention of grooming? Or of a new Replacement Theory? :rolleyes:

And why should any decent person watch that, based upon your tldr?

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis