Onkyo Tx-Rz50 vs Denon X3800H

ban25

ban25

Audioholic
Wow 2wpc into 8 ohm and 3wpc into 4 ohm! Even nearfield I'd probably find that lacking.
1W is pretty loud nearfield...

With 89 dB sensitive speakers at 4 feet, it comes out to 93 dB SPL. That's loud enough to get you kicked off of Laguna Seca. :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
1W is pretty loud nearfield...

With 89 dB sensitive speakers at 4 feet, it comes out to 93 dB SPL. That's loud enough to get you kicked off of Laguna Seca. :)
Perhaps. Still, paying that much for so little, meh.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd compare them via the reviews here rather than the advertised numbers

R

Rylan

Audioholic
I'd compare them via the reviews here rather than the advertised numbers
Thank you for steering me that direction. I’ll check them out there. Thank you @lovinthehd

ban25

ban25

Audioholic
Thank you for steering me that direction. I’ll check them out there. Thank you @lovinthehd
Based on those two reviews, I'd go for the Fosi. The AIYIMA (trash-tier Chinese brand with a six-letter all caps name to secure US trademark in order to boost Amazon search results) sounds like it'll burn your house down... I had a SMSL headphone amp about 10 years ago that I threw out because it would arc every time I plugged it in and I was very concerned it would start a fire while I was away.

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
I read both of these reviews some time ago (I'm a member there as well) and actually liked the AIYIMA numbers better than the Fosi, but the non-polarized plug put me off at the time. I have lots of PSUs that aren't polarized, and obviously both PSUs have CE & FCC certification, so there are fundamentally safe.

So for me based on the data, it would probably come down to price and if I could get the higher voltage PSU with it to gain a bit more headroom.

I just checked and both are $99.99 on Amazon.ca delivered (no Prime needed) both had Coupons as well but those can disappear quickly.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
is the budget so very limited? Just what are the additional speakers?

Last edited:
R

Rylan

Audioholic
is the budget very limited? Just what are the additional speakers?
I prefer not to spend too much more that I already have at this point. I’d be comfortable around $200-$250 but if cheaper and good specs

My current set up is a 7.1.4

Left and Right are the Heco Aurora 1000’s https://www.audioadvice.com/home-audio/speakers/tower-speakers/heco-aurora-1000-floorstanding-speaker

Center is RSL CG23
(4) Surround and Rear Surrounds - RSL CG3M

(4) C34e MK2 In ceiling atmos

I’m short 2 channels so I need to externally run either the 2 atmos or the rear surrounds.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I have the AIYIMA A07 and it's nice for what it is. I use it to power my desktop speakers, but as others have stated, I need to look at a better PSU for it. It sounds just fine, but I'm not sure I'd use it for my Atmos speakers.

I got one of the Niles SI-275 amps that was also suggested by ASR for my Atmos speakers in my theater. It's worked perfectly from the day I got it.

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
Gents, just now I stumbled across Amir (of Audio Science Review) on YouTube going over the AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Review. He makes the same point on getting a good PSU. But overall he's really impressed with this Amp - especially for the price.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Gents, just now I stumbled across Amir (of Audio Science Review) on YouTube going over the AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Review. He makes the same point on getting a good PSU. But overall he's really impressed with this Amp - especially for the price.
IIRC there's also a specific diy speaker build where this amp has a lot of variance used with that speaker....

R

Rylan

Audioholic
Great video from Amirm. Thank you for sharing. This little amp really impressed him. He says at min 10:00 “it puts out almost 80 watts both channels driven. So it’s 160 watts of continuous power.” For a $70 cheap class D amp, sounds like this one ranks high on Amirms list. Thank you Jim for taking the time to share this information

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I used a RNobsound amp that has the same PA3255, comes with crossover adjustment, to replace my small Energy subwoofer's plate amp that failed twice. Hopefully this tiny Robsound amp will outlast those two original plate amps. Those amps are cheap but not as cheap as people think because for stereo you need two.

Last edited:
R

Rylan

Audioholic
I used a RNobsound amp that has the same PA3255, comes with crossover adjustment, to replace my small Energy subwoofer's plate amp that failed twice. Hopefully this tiny Robsound amp will outlast those two original plate amps. Those amps are cheap but not as cheap as people think because for stereo you need two.
Are you recommending it would be beneficial for me to purchase 2 of the AIYIMA TPA3255 amps?

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Are you recommending it would be beneficial for me to purchase 2 of the AIYIMA TPA3255 amps?
If you know they have enough output for your speakers/distance, they can do the job but I am not sure what you mean by "beneficial", in what sense? If, for example, in terms of taking some load off the AVR, then yes.

R

Rylan

Audioholic
If you know they have enough output for your speakers/distance, they can do the job but I am not sure what you mean by "beneficial", in what sense? If, for example, in terms of taking some load off the AVR, then yes.
Yes, taking the load off the AVR. Also, with your comment earlier when you mentioned you need two for stereo, were you suggesting I need two of them for stereo?

R

Rylan

Audioholic
Also it seems I’ve narrowed down my external amp choices to either the AIYIMA A07 or the
Niles SI-275. There are many used Niles available for about $100. I did order the AIYIMA from Amazon knowing I can return it. Curious what some of you would choose between these 2 options for powering my rear surrounds

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Also it seems I’ve narrowed down my external amp choices to either the AIYIMA A07 or the
Niles SI-275. There are many used Niles available for about $100. I did order the AIYIMA from Amazon knowing I can return it. Curious what some of you would choose between these 2 options for powering my rear surrounds
For rear surrounds doubt it will matter much. Generally I'd prefer the Niles SI-275, though, as being a bit more useful and a better form factor to go with my other gear.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis