Onkyo Tx-Rz50 vs Denon X3800H

D

dlaloum

Full Audioholic
It only accepts a calibration file for Umik-1?
I believe the Dirac software, which is run on your PC, can accept any mic with a standard calibration file.

The Umik1 is the one they recommend and test with

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I believe the Dirac software, which is run on your PC, can accept any mic with a standard calibration file.

The Umik1 is the one they recommend and test with
Recommend means some sort of mutually beneficial marketing agreement?

D

dlaloum

Full Audioholic
Recommend means some sort of mutually beneficial marketing agreement?
Nah, I'm not that much of a conspiracy theorist...

The Umik1 is the most popular on the US market, and it also happens to be very reasonably priced... so an easy product to recommend.

For those of us in other parts of the world, it can be a lot less of a bargain.

I have a somewhat more elderly calibration mic that requires a mic preamp - and my old mic-pre is PCI interface PC based - so not usable on my laptop where I run Dirac....so for now I am sticking with the AVR's supplied puck mic.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Nah, I'm not that much of a conspiracy theorist...

The Umik1 is the most popular on the US market, and it also happens to be very reasonably priced... so an easy product to recommend.

For those of us in other parts of the world, it can be a lot less of a bargain.
Yeah Dayton is probably not as well known...and there aren't a lot of others around that price point....

G

georgebenzy

Audiophyte
Absolutely, considering subjective reviews is a good practice, but personal preferences can vary widely. Your suggestion of upgrading to the CG25 and adding a second subwoofer for the room size and listening distance makes a lot of sense. It's all about tailoring the setup gst calculator to your specific needs and preferences. Enjoy your audio setup!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis