4K - 8K Resolution and/or Dolby Atmos/DTSX Content Reviews

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
Thank you everyone for the supportive and excellent responses. It is painful to watch any film where the "good guys" lose, even more so when it's based on factually accurate events. But the reality is, is that in the real world that's how war plays out at times; at least in my experiences. The one common trend I've noticed amongst the Special Forces, Special Operations and OGA shooters I've worked with and socialize with is they're often either one of two extremes personality wise. They're either outspoken, A type aggressive individuals or they're reserved, quiet and observant. I always look at those guys at the "Break glass in case of war" type men

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
“M3GAN” 4K ATMOS Streaming.

Video: Excellent. Shot using the Arri Alexa 4.5K Digital Camera.
Audio: Good, but not much ATMOS sound.

The screenplay was written Akela Cooper who also wrote “Malignant” (Arri Alexa 3.4K Digital Camera).

As with “Malignant”, I liked “M3GAN”. I was entertained. I thought it was fun.

Story is about the danger of Artificial Intelligence gone wrong, which is nothing original.

But I like the writing (also liked her writing in “Malignant”). Would look forward to any movie she writes.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
I know it's not 4k, but does anybody watch 3D movies?

I just recently jumped into the 3D world for home theater. I'm watching on a JVC projector. Last night I watched Gravity in 3D and Alita: Battle Angel in 3D.

Gravity in 3D was awesome. My preferred method of watching that movie now. Alita in 3D was really cool. The depth of the world they are in was very detailed watching it in 3D. I have Avatar in 3D waiting to be watched. I've heard and read that it is the best way to watch that movie. After seeing Avatar 2 last weekend in Imax 3D, that was the best 3D I have ever seen. That is the best way to watch that movie. Now I will have to add the 3D copy when the physical copies get released. :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The three best 3D films I've seen are Pacific Rim, Mad Max Fury Road and Coraline. I don't have a 3D TV anymore so I can't really watch them anymore. I can watch in 3D on the PSVR headset, but then only I can see it lol.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Watched Wakanda Forever over the weekend. With the exception of the tasteful and nice tributes to Chadwick, it was every other Marvel movie ever done. It was entertaining but still felt fairly cookie cutter Marvel fodder. I think these don't spoil anything if you haven't seen it. Entertaining, but not great.

I have a lot of issues with the backstory of how this one came about, not the least of which is where were these people when the whole "snap half of everyone went away, then the universe fought a bad guy" small detail happened?

Rather than risk WAR, they would for sure have let the Avengers know. Duh. Um, who goes intentionally into a battle with a rogue nation in their preferred element? No "intelligent" general would go fight water people in the middle of the ocean (except Cameron lol). Even if they don't expect it, they have a clear advantage, just dumb.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Watched Wakanda Forever over the weekend. With the exception of the tasteful and nice tributes to Chadwick, it was every other Marvel movie ever done. It was entertaining but still felt fairly cookie cutter Marvel fodder. I think these don't spoil anything if you haven't seen it. Entertaining, but not great.

I have a lot of issues with the backstory of how this one came about, not the least of which is where were these people when the whole "snap half of everyone went away, then the universe fought a bad guy" small detail happened?

Rather than risk WAR, they would for sure have let the Avengers know. Duh. Um, who goes intentionally into a battle with a rogue nation in their preferred element? No "intelligent" general would go fight water people in the middle of the ocean (except Cameron lol). Even if they don't expect it, they have a clear advantage, just dumb.
I was thinking that also. Idiots. Have water people come on DRY LAND to fight you. :D

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever-4k Edition

Holy crap is Black Panther 2 bad. About 30+ mins too long. The new "Tony Stark" kid is just stupid. The script for this movie was trash. These post Avengers Endgame movies are so bad. Minus Dr. Strange 2, the rest of them are garbage.

PQ-wow, where do I begin. The picture quality of this movie is very bad. They decided to use the lens that only shows the person in picture and everything around them is all blurry. I thought there was something wrong with my player or projector at the beginning because there was so much fuzzy, blurry image going on. But close up shots of the person talking, looked very good. Outside of that, was some of the worst for a Marvel movie.

SQ-Normal ATMOUSE mix. Nothing special.

Overall, I'm giving Black Panther 2 a 4/10 rating. I'm so glad I didn't waste my time going to theaters to see this. Had such a hard time getting through this movie. It will be a onetime view and I can't imagine watching this again in the near future. Probably 5-8 years from now. When kids are old enough to go through the entire Marvel movie universe. :D

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Holy crap is Black Panther 2 bad. About 30+ mins too long. The new "Tony Stark" kid is just stupid. The script for this movie was trash. These post Avengers Endgame movies are so bad. Minus Dr. Strange 2, the rest of them are garbage.

PQ-wow, where do I begin. The picture quality of this movie is very bad. They decided to use the lens that only shows the person in picture and everything around them is all blurry. I thought there was something wrong with my player or projector at the beginning because there was so much fuzzy, blurry image going on. But close up shots of the person talking, looked very good. Outside of that, was some of the worst for a Marvel movie.

Overall, I'm giving Black Panther 2 a 4/10 rating. I'm so glad I didn't waste my time going to theaters to see this. Had such a hard time getting through this movie. It will be a onetime view and I can't imagine watching this again in the near future. Probably 5-8 years from now. When kids are old enough to go through the entire Marvel movie universe. :D
When people watch it and say "The story was good" as a first comment, that is sort of like saying "They have a good personality" :rolleyes: I didn't think the story was good either lol. For an action movie, the story does not have to be deep or great as long as it is fun (hello, Top Gun) . This movie I was waiting for something good to happen and it got dumber as it went on; it felt like a chore. Standard Marvel formula. The initial reactions to Antman don't make me have a lot of hope for it, despite introducing Kang.

I thought Dr. Strange 2 could have been a Disney special not a summer action movie, I waited to stream that one and was glad I did. The one with the 3 Spidermans was decent, Homecoming I think, I forgot because none of these current Marvel movies are doing much for me. I think it would be better to read the comics. Disney-Marvel lately seems to only care about "can we get people to go to see it, merchandise it and make money" rather than "Let's try to make a good movie".

Last edited:
M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
When people watch it and say "The story was good" as a first comment, that is sort of like saying "They have a good personality" :rolleyes: I didn't think the story was good either lol. For an action movie, the story does not have to be deep or great as long as it is fun (hello, Top Gun) . This movie I was waiting for something good to happen and it got dumber as it went on; it felt like a chore. Standard Marvel formula. The initial reactions to Antman don't make me have a lot of hope for it, despite introducing Kang.

I thought Dr. Strange 2 could have been a Disney special not a summer action movie, I waited to stream that one and was glad I did. The one with the 3 Spidermans was decent, Homecoming I think, I forgot because none of these current Marvel movies are doing much for me. I think it would be better to read the comics. Disney-Marvel lately seems to only care about "can we get people to go to see it, merchandise it and make money" rather than "Let's try to make a good movie".
This is the first time watching a Marvel movie where I almost shut it off. I'm not a Marvel fan boy at all. They are strictly popcorn flicks. But wow, this BP2 was almost unbearable. I would watch Thor 2 or Captain Marvel over this any day of the week, and I think those two are the worst in the first phase. That's how bad I think of this one.

I liked Dr. Strange 2. It was great seeing it on the IMAX screen. It's by no means one of the best in the entire series, but for a character, I do like Dr. Strange. :D

Disney just wants to keep pumping these movies out and hide their story flaws with CGI. But the box office is starting show that it's catching up to them. Both Thor 4 and BP2 didn't live up to the hype of previous releases. BP2 made $450 million less than the first one. Thor 4 made around $100 million less than Thor 3. I totally believe Thor 4 should've been a Disney/Marvel Streaming movie.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Frank Zappa would have called most of these Marvel projects "Cocaine Decisions"
Especially everything since Endgame.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever-4k Edition

The Sound Quality sucked. I can’t recall any ATMOS sound.

I didn’t pay much attention to the video, probably because I was annoyed with the movie and was trying to force myself to get through it. But BP2 was shot using the 6K Resolution Sony Venice IMAX digital camera, so definitely can’t blame the awesome camera. Must be the people holding the camera. :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I personally feel Thor 4 is worse than this and Eternals was worse than that.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
I personally feel Thor 4 is worse than this and Eternals was worse than that.
Eternals was atrocious. Thor 4 was pretty darn bad. I will try and keep phase 1 Marvel on its own and not compare anything in phase 2. So far, phase 2 of Marvel has been downright bad. From the shows to the movies. The only show I can stand is Loki. Otherwise, I haven't watched anything they've put out in the last 2 years.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
The Sound Quality sucked. I can’t recall any ATMOS sound.

I didn’t pay much attention to the video, probably because I was annoyed with the movie and was trying to force myself to get through it. But BP2 was shot using the 6K Resolution Sony Venice IMAX digital camera, so definitely can’t blame the awesome camera. Must be the people holding the camera. :D
Haha, most definitely. The close-up shots when people were talking were crispy clean, but if you're going to use those 4-8k cameras, why wouldn't you get crispy clean in the whole shot? not have the person talking crispy clean and everything around them all blurry?

Damn that ATMOUSE mix. Disney is the worst.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Eternals was atrocious. Thor 4 was pretty darn bad. I will try and keep phase 1 Marvel on its own and not compare anything in phase 2. So far, phase 2 of Marvel has been downright bad. From the shows to the movies. The only show I can stand is Loki. Otherwise, I haven't watched anything they've put out in the last 2 years.
Moon Knight was awesome just because of how good an actor Oscar Isaac is.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Moon Knight started slow and I almost gave up on it, but it got pretty good. Same with WandaVision. I stopped after 2 episodes, but it took a few more to get interesting. Only went back to it because I knew it tied in to Dr Strange 2.

Disney is also looking to buy the Harry Potter franchise... Ugh. They just want to own and ruin everything to make a buck.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Moon Knight started slow and I almost gave up on it, but it got pretty good. Same with WandaVision. I stopped after 2 episodes, but it took a few more to get interesting. Only went back to it because I knew it tied in to Dr Strange 2.

Disney is also looking to buy the Harry Potter franchise... Ugh. They just want to own and ruin everything to make a buck.
I haven't heard about Disney wanting Harry Potter. I don't think Universal is going to get rid of their huge money maker. I think it's safe with them. With Universal building an entire Harry Potter world at their theme park, I don't think they would sell to Disney. :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I haven't heard about Disney wanting Harry Potter. I don't think Universal is going to get rid of their huge money maker. I think it's safe with them. With Universal building an entire Harry Potter world at their theme park, I don't think they would sell to Disney. :D
Well, WB's second attempt with the prequels (Fantastic Beasts) was pretty much a disaster, so I don't know about that. Disney has enough money to throw at things that it could happen. It would be dumb, but it could happen.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Disney has one movie in June 2023 that might be good - Indian Jones #5.

Shot using the 4.5K Resolution Arri Alexa digital camera. So picture quality should be great, unless the camera guy doesn’t know how to hold the camera. :D

ATMOS sound quality might be good since it is Lucas Film (THX). :D

It is written by Jez Butterworth (Edge of Tomorrow- my favorite movie of all times, Ford vs. Ferrari, Spectre) and directed by James Mangold (The Wolverine, Logan, Ford vs Ferrari).

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Well, WB's second attempt with the prequels (Fantastic Beasts) was pretty much a disaster, so I don't know about that. Disney has enough money to throw at things that it could happen. It would be dumb, but it could happen.
I tried to force myself to watch Fantastic Beast because the PQ and SQ are both very good. :D

But I just couldn’t take it no matter how many times I tried. :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis