4K - 8K Resolution and/or Dolby Atmos/DTSX Content Reviews

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
1899 on Netflix has great Atmos effects.

Watched The Lord of The Rings 4k today. They did an amazing job with the 4k conversion and the Atmos effects. My son said that it was the best he'd heard/seen so far.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
1899 on Netflix has great Atmos effects.

Watched The Lord of The Rings 4k today. They did an amazing job with the 4k conversion and the Atmos effects. My son said that it was the best he'd heard/seen so far.
I love the 4K editions of LOTR’s and Hobbit. Was just thinking about rewatching both series again in Jan or Feb. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I love the 4K editions of LOTR’s and Hobbit. Was just thinking about rewatching both series again in Jan or Feb. :D
The Hobbit trilogy look awesome since all 3 movies were shot using 4K digital cameras. Plus they were released in ATMOS for theaters as well.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Black Adam 4k

Watched Black Adam on 4k last Friday night. Going into the movie I knew nothing about Black Adam. After the movie I think his character is useless. Haha.

PQ-The picture quality was pretty good. Had a nice layer of film grain for the cinematic look. The action scenes were solid. Some scenes you definitely notice the CGI.

AQ- Lots of BOOMS! With all the action going on you're subwoofer will get a nice workout. It won't move your house by any means, but there is constant subwoofer action through the entire movie. Atmos was used pretty well. I heard plenty of sound effects zipping and zooming all over the place. Crowd noise when they were in the city going all over the place.

Overall, I'm scoring this movie a 6/10. It was entertaining. I don't know the character at all and the other characters they introduced I didn't know either. So for me I was just looking for pure entertainment. And it delivered in that regard. Johnson did what he could with the part. It was nothing new for him. Same old Dwayne The Rock Johnson.

I don't want to say too much in order to not "spoil" anything for anybody else. So I will keep this review brief. If you're up for a popcorn flick and want to turn your brain off for less than 2 hours. Check out Black Adam! :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Black Adam 4k

Watched Black Adam on 4k last Friday night. Going into the movie I knew nothing about Black Adam. After the movie I think his character is useless. Haha.

PQ-The picture quality was pretty good. Had a nice layer of film grain for the cinematic look. The action scenes were solid. Some scenes you definitely notice the CGI.

AQ- Lots of BOOMS! With all the action going on you're subwoofer will get a nice workout. It won't move your house by any means, but there is constant subwoofer action through the entire movie. Atmos was used pretty well. I heard plenty of sound effects zipping and zooming all over the place. Crowd noise when they were in the city going all over the place.

Overall, I'm scoring this movie a 6/10. It was entertaining. I don't know the character at all and the other characters they introduced I didn't know either. So for me I was just looking for pure entertainment. And it delivered in that regard. Johnson did what he could with the part. It was nothing new for him. Same old Dwayne The Rock Johnson.

I don't want to say too much in order to not "spoil" anything for anybody else. So I will keep this review brief. If you're up for a popcorn flick and want to turn your brain off for less than 2 hours. Check out Black Adam! :D
I believe they have no further plans for the character, for sure not on his own, given the box office flop this movie was. A lot of deals were made by Dwayne with the studio regarding the release of this film and when it flopped, his future as this character were likely sealed.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I believe they have no further plans for the character, for sure not on his own, given the box office flop this movie was. A lot of deals were made by Dwayne with the studio regarding the release of this film and when it flopped, his future as this character were likely sealed.
Black Adam made $393,000 at the box office total plus money from streaming and DVD/BD sales.

Unfortunately for the studio, it cost $260 million to produce. :D

The movie was shot using the 4.5K resolution Arri Alexa digital camera, so PQ is excellent.

I think overall SQ is good, but I think even “Spiderhead” has more ATMOS sound from above than Black Adam. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Black Adam 4k

Yeah, I think ENTERTAINING about sums it up.

In terms of themes, plot, etc., it’s a lot darker than the other Marvel and DC movies.

I think the movie is saying, “We don’t want our hero Black Adam to put the bad guys in jail so they can escape and kill millions of people later - if the bad guys can kill, so can the good guys”. :D

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Black Adam made $393,000 at the box office total plus money from streaming and DVD/BD sales.

Unfortunately for the studio, it cost $260 million to produce. :D

The movie was shot using the 4.5K resolution Arri Alexa digital camera, so PQ is excellent.

I think overall SQ is good, but I think even “Spiderhead” has more ATMOS sound from above than Black Adam. :D
There's a reason the new Discover Warner or whatever CEO is killing most of the DC projects. Whoever green lit this stuff clearly didn't know what they were doing. I don't know the last DC movie that made money, but I'm willing to bet James Gunn directed it.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja

In terms of themes, plot, etc., it’s a lot darker than the other Marvel and DC movies.

I think the movie is saying, “We don’t want our hero Black Adam to put the bad guys in jail so they can escape and kill millions of people later - if the bad guys can kill, so can the good guys”. :D
That's how I read it, just kill them, kinda sets the tone for this "hero" and the ones that like the ripped up, blown up, melted movies. ;)

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Yeah, from everything I was reading Johnson was pushing this movie hard and he thought $393 million was success. Haha which every knows it wasn't. Then he thought he was going to be actively involved with other DC movies behind the scenes and as Black Adam. Haha boy did that backfire when Gunn and the other dude showed up.

Personally, I don't think they should've axed Cavil as Superman. Even with a reset, you could've kept Cavil. He was the shining star of DC and deserved to have another Superman movie.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
There's a reason the new Discover Warner or whatever CEO is killing most of the DC projects. Whoever green lit this stuff clearly didn't know what they were doing. I don't know the last DC movie that made money, but I'm willing to bet James Gunn directed it.
I heard that WB ran out of money in 2022 so they had to cut a ton of stuff so they could get ready for 2023. They have some big IP's coming end of 2023. Dune pt 2 in Nov, Aquaman 2 and Wonka in Dec.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General

I think one part that I like about the movie was that Black Adam just demolished the bad guys in the movie instead of handing them over like the rest of the Justice league/Society. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I think one part that I like about the movie was that Black Adam just demolished the bad guys in the movie instead of handing them over like the rest of the Justice league/Society. :D
Right. Much darker theme.

It's easy for Superman to judge everyone else for killing bad guys because nobody can kill Superman. He can put bad guys in jail, they can escape and try to kill Superman again, and he would put them back in jail again and again. Can't kill Superman. So what if they escape and kill other people? As long as they can't kill him.

Let's see what happens if the bad guys escape and kill Louis Lane and his mom and dad (if they were alive). :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Well, at least they fired Patty Jenkins because Wonder Woman 2 is the worst super hero movie to date. Wonder Woman 2 makes Black Adam look like an Academy Awards Best Picture. Jenkins makes Michael Bay look like an Academy Awards Best Director. They probably told her Wonder Woman 2 sucked. :D

Last edited:
M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Well, at least they fired Patty Jenkins because Wonder Woman 2 is the worst super hero movie to date. Wonder Woman 2 makes Black Adam look like an Academy Award winner for Best Picture. They probably told her Wonder Woman 2 sucked. :D
WB dumps Patty J. and now Disney is having second thoughts about Patty J. Directing a Star Wars movie....hahaha she should've listed to people and let them re-write WW2. Instead, she thought she was smarter and now WW2 is going to be her downfall.

Now the next person that needs the boot is Kathleen Kennedy. Not sure what is taking Bob Iger so long to make all the necessary changes, but if I was brought back as Disney CEO, the entire company would be fired, and we would start over.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Well, at least they fired Patty Jenkins because Wonder Woman 2 is the worst super hero movie to date. Wonder Woman 2 makes Black Adam look like an Academy Award winner for Best Picture. They probably told her Wonder Woman 2 sucked. :D
I have no idea how they went from WW 1 being fantastic to WW 2 being a garbage pile. I would have never believed the same people were involved.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I have no idea how they went from WW 1 being fantastic to WW 2 being a garbage pile. I would have never believed the same people were involved.
The same so-called director Patty Jenkins. Only difference is that WW1 was written by Zack Snyder. WW2 was written by Patty Jenkins because she thought she was a writer. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
WB dumps Patty J. and now Disney is having second thoughts about Patty J. Directing a Star Wars movie....hahaha she should've listed to people and let them re-write WW2. Instead, she thought she was smarter and now WW2 is going to be her downfall.

Now the next person that needs the boot is Kathleen Kennedy. Not sure what is taking Bob Iger so long to make all the necessary changes, but if I was brought back as Disney CEO, the entire company would be fired, and we would start over.
When will some of these people realize that the writers are the most important and the directors are the 2nd most important? :D

DSNY cancellation of their movie with Jenkins is probably one their few good/correct decisions. It would have been a disaster.

Nobody needs a “FEMALE” director. They just need GREAT directors and writers, regardless of gender.

Last edited:
M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
When will some of these people realize that the writers are the most important and the directors are the 2nd most important? :D

DSNY cancellation of their movie with Jenkins is probably one their few good/correct decisions. It would have been a disaster.

Nobody needs a “FEMALE” director. They just need GREAT directors and writers, regardless of gender.
There are only a handful of Directors where I would trust them writing, directing and making all the decisions. But that list is very small. PJ is not even close. And it's getting worse now in the age of streaming. Studios are pumping stuff out so fast that they try to mask bad writing with CGI special effects. Or they bring in top billed actors by paying them buttloads of money.

To me, I put Director and writer on same level. A great director is going to bring in a great writer. That's why you always see the biggest names in Hollywood (Directors) always using the same writers for their movies. They trust them.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis