Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Samsung S22 Ultra 256GB

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
What do you do with the Apple Watch? :D
I bought a series 3 when they were pretty new. Main reason was as a swim tracker. All the reports then rated the Watch as the best overall option at the time. It knows what stroke I'm doing, counts laps... pretty impressive.
It seemed expensive for just that, but I'm Worth It! :D
At this point, I had two issues with the Series 3 water resistance failing, and when I took it back to Apple, they gave me the friendly bump and sent me a new Series 4. I haven't had any problem with that, though the battery is starting to get a little iffy when I run GPS during my swims. An hour of that will eat about 25% of the battery.

Anyway, for the Heath and Fitness tracking features and other side benefits of being able to control many Phone features from the Watch (including as a remote screen when taking a photo!) I honestly don't see myself giving it up.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Does Apple Maps give you Traffic Accident and Delay warnings? Does it have Speed Limit warnings?

I would't know about Apple, but Waze does all those.

What I find weird, in the US you don't seem to be bothered with ads when using Google Maps, but I get too many ads in the Quebec province with it. That's one of the reasons why I switched to Waze with which I only get a few short ads when the car is not moving. I also find it easier to use.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I would't know about Apple, but Waze does all those.

What I find weird, in the US you don't seem to be bothered with ads when using Google Maps, but I get too many ads in the Quebec province with it. That's one of the reasons why I switched to Waze with which I only get a few short ads when the car is not moving. I also find it easier to use.
Google owns Waze. I don't get any ads while using maps, driving or otherwise.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Google owns Waze. I don't get any ads while using maps, driving or otherwise.
I knew about Google's Waze ownership. That doesn't explain why we get more ads in Canada. I have a Google account and I find that's really stupid on their part.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I knew about Google's Waze ownership. That doesn't explain why we get more ads in Canada. I have a Google account and I find that's really stupid on their part.
Different regulations there I guess. How they operate there would not follow US regulations. It actually seems pretty dumb to have ads in a navigation app. I would definitely be annoyed by that.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Out of the gate, they almost always seem to work... It's the home stretch you have to wonder about. ;)
How old does that gray mare need to be 'fore she ain't what she used to be? :D
I think people need to be realistic about their usage and expectations. Apple has, arguably, the best CPU in the game. Big things like consistency in taking photos, is an example of where they excel. Press the shutter button, it takes a photo, same time, every time. Samsung is a bit less consistent. Most think this is due to processor speed.

So, I hope for at least 5 years from a phone. That's where I sit. I have never broken a phone. Never cracked the glass (knock on wood).

At 6 years and still finding my phone to be plenty responsive to all my main apps, I'm sold that I will buy Apple again. You gotta know that if your wife has one that works fine and yours just crashed and burned, then somehow you got a defective model. It happens (unfortunately), and thankfully, not that often. But, sucks you got a dud.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I think people need to be realistic about their usage and expectations. Apple has, arguably, the best CPU in the game. Big things like consistency in taking photos, is an example of where they excel. Press the shutter button, it takes a photo, same time, every time. Samsung is a bit less consistent. Most think this is due to processor speed.

So, I hope for at least 5 years from a phone. That's where I sit. I have never broken a phone. Never cracked the glass (knock on wood).

At 6 years and still finding my phone to be plenty responsive to all my main apps, I'm sold that I will buy Apple again.
Agreed.

You gotta know that if your wife has one that works fine and yours just crashed and burned, then somehow you got a defective model. It happens (unfortunately), and thankfully, not that often. But, sucks you got a dud
That's why I use Apple Care. ;) IIRC, that batter fix was on them.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
You can't move Google Maps or Waze to the first screen.

You'd have to swipe to the second screen first to open it. You probably can guess that Apple Maps is indeed on the first screen.
I got my iPhone 14 Pro Max a on Thursday. I am able to move any Icon/apps to any screen, including the main Home Screen (1st screen).

So I moved Apple Amps into a another folder on the 2nd screen and just have Google Maps on the main 1st screen.

I’ve been comparing the 3 GPS. Google Maps is best for sure. 2nd is aware. Apple Maps sucks. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I think the iPhone 14 Pro Max is alright. I can live with it. :D

Now just gotta change everything over from my Samsung. Will take a few days.

My wife, daughters, parents and in-laws all have iPhone. My tablet is an iPad. Laptop is a MacBook Air. So I guess it makes sense to have the iPhone.

I am glad I can still use Google Maps everyday. :D

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Why settle for one, get both, that's what I have :)
1) Purchased the Samsung S22 Ultra 512Gb version (Verizon had Promo at Launch) traded in my one Plus 9 Pro
2) Just got the Apple 14 Pro Max because work provides a new phone every two years

I keep my personal and work calls separate.
  • Apple 14 Pro max is not very exciting. Looks just like my 12 it replaced minus the notch. Still takes up some screen real estate
    • I use Apple Air Tags and Apple Watch Ultra so it's a necessity
    • Camera is a huge upgrade and I would put it above the S22 Ultra in every comparison it takes excellent pictures with quick exposure time.
    • While I prefer the fingerprint reader, the face unlock works very well, even if you are wearing a covid mask
  • Samsung S22 Ultra
    • I love the customization of android icons, etc. Apple has gotten better, but not at same level
    • Screen quality is about equal on both devices
    • Camera is no slouch, just not as good as Apple's new entry
    • Batter life is good for a phone this size
    • Curved screen love or hate, if you use screen protectors, be careful it works with fingerprint reader
You honestly can't go wrong with either device, Samsung has killed much of the bloatware that used to plague it's devices. Both screens are silky smooth with excellent color and brightness. I am not a gamer on mobile, so I can't speak for that. Build quality is excellent on both devices

Side note: Either Apple or Samsung has a tool to make it easy to transfer from one ecosystem to the other, it should not be too hard.

android.jpgApple.jpeg

Last edited:
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
works provides a new phone every two years

I keep my personal and work calls separate.
There was a Supreme Court decision that supported a business that seized a personal phone because it was also used for work purposes by the employee.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
There was a Supreme Court decision that supported a business that seized a personal phone because it was also used for work purposes by the employee.
The key point is that it was used for work purposes, I do not give my personal number out to for work. Not like I am a drug dealer or stealing trade secrets lol.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
The key point is that it was used for work purposes, I do not give my personal number out to for work. Not like I am a drug dealer or stealing trade secrets lol.
I'm cool with it... I insisted my old job give me a new phone to keep personal from their business. It was just meant as an add on comment as to why such an arrangement is nice. :)

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I got my iPhone 14 Pro Max a on Thursday. I am able to move any Icon/apps to any screen, including the main Home Screen (1st screen).

So I moved Apple Amps into a another folder on the 2nd screen and just have Google Maps on the main 1st screen.

I’ve been comparing the 3 GPS. Google Maps is best for sure. 2nd is aware. Apple Maps sucks. :D
You lucky bastard. I ordered mine on Sept 16th. Still didn't get it

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis