Why settle for one, get both, that's what I have
1) Purchased the Samsung S22 Ultra 512Gb version (Verizon had Promo at Launch) traded in my one Plus 9 Pro
2) Just got the Apple 14 Pro Max because work provides a new phone every two years
I keep my personal and work calls separate.
- Apple 14 Pro max is not very exciting. Looks just like my 12 it replaced minus the notch. Still takes up some screen real estate
- I use Apple Air Tags and Apple Watch Ultra so it's a necessity
- Camera is a huge upgrade and I would put it above the S22 Ultra in every comparison it takes excellent pictures with quick exposure time.
- While I prefer the fingerprint reader, the face unlock works very well, even if you are wearing a covid mask
- Samsung S22 Ultra
- I love the customization of android icons, etc. Apple has gotten better, but not at same level
- Screen quality is about equal on both devices
- Camera is no slouch, just not as good as Apple's new entry
- Batter life is good for a phone this size
- Curved screen love or hate, if you use screen protectors, be careful it works with fingerprint reader
You honestly can't go wrong with either device, Samsung has killed much of the bloatware that used to plague it's devices. Both screens are silky smooth with excellent color and brightness. I am not a gamer on mobile, so I can't speak for that. Build quality is excellent on both devices
Side note: Either Apple or Samsung has a tool to make it easy to transfer from one ecosystem to the other, it should not be too hard.