The Jan 6 Commission hearings

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Under "normal" circumstances, such an inquiry might proceed more quickly. But, in this case, they have a lot of ducks to get in a row and that row has to super straight - and that takes time.

The prospect of Trump - once again - weaseling his way out of being held responsibility for his actions could just put more wind in his sails and inspire his cult followers.
And many witnesses have been very reluctant to talk to the committee or give any information at all, often suing the committee. This for sure drags the calendar time out significantly.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Under "normal" circumstances, such an inquiry might proceed more quickly. But, in this case, they have a lot of ducks to get in a row and that row has to super straight - and that takes time.

The prospect of Trump - once again - weaseling his way out of being held responsibility for his actions could just put more wind in his sails and inspire his cult followers.
Translation >>>> Big Gov't is slow and inefficient ! ;)

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I wish they would get this Sh@t show over with, oh wait a minute, gotta keep it going, mid-terms are around the corner ;)
Even though you must be well aware of this, I feel compelled to point out that the GOP has a long history of dragging out these kind of investigations for overt political purposes. Indeed, the GOP has written the book on corrupting criminal investigations with political intentions:
  • In 1972-74 Nixon knew full well that he ordered the illegal Watergate break-in. Yet he obstructed justice so he could stay in power as long as possible.
  • During the 1990s, Ken Starr (who recently died) dragged out his job as special prosecutor of the Clinton Whitewater investigation for about 7 years. His open-ended investigation never did produce anything tangible, but it did succeed in paralyzing most of Clinton's second term.
  • After the Benghazi attacks that killed 3 State Dept. diplomats in Libya, a GOP committee in the House of Representatives ran seven (7) consecutive investigations trying to pin something on the Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton. None of them led to any conclusions. But they were run continuously only as an attempt to damage her future political prospects.
And now you have the nerve to complain that the January 6 Committee investigations are taking soooo long. Tell that to Trump. And tell that to all the GOP politicians who overtly support his efforts to obstruct justice and overthrow the Constitution.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Even though you must be well aware of this, I feel compelled to point out that the GOP has a long history of dragging out these kind of investigations for overt political purposes. Indeed, the GOP has written the book on corrupting criminal investigations with political intentions:
  • In 1972-74 Nixon knew full well that he ordered the illegal Watergate break-in. Yet he obstructed justice so he could stay in power as long as possible.
  • During the 1990s, Ken Starr (who recently died) dragged out his job as special prosecutor of the Clinton Whitewater investigation for about 7 years. His open-ended investigation never did produce anything tangible, but it did succeed in paralyzing most of Clinton's second term.
  • After the Benghazi attacks that killed 3 State Dept. diplomats in Libya, a GOP committee in the House of Representatives ran seven (7) consecutive investigations trying to pin something on the Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton. None of them led to any conclusions. But they were run continuously only as an attempt to damage her future political prospects.
And now you have the nerve to complain that the January 6 Committee investigations are taking soooo long. Tell that to Trump. And tell that to all the GOP politicians who overtly support his efforts to obstruct justice and overthrow the Constitution.
regardless, I, along with you want Trump gone !!

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
It is becoming increasingly clear that the Secret Service has some serious 'splaining to do.
  • Thursday's committee hearing showed evidence that some in the Secret Service were aware of significant details about the Jan 6 insurrection at least a week in advance.
  • They knew that there would be armed people who planned to attack members of Congress and the Vice President.
  • This critical info was not communicated to others who might have acted on that intelligence.
Pro-Trump people inside the Secret Service appear to have seriously compromised that organization.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
It is becoming increasingly clear that the Secret Service has some serious 'splaining to do.
  • Thursday's committee hearing showed evidence that some in the Secret Service were aware of significant details about the Jan 6 insurrection at least a week in advance.
  • They knew that there would be armed people who planned to attack members of Congress and the Vice President.
  • This critical info was not communicated to others who might have acted on that intelligence.
Pro-Trump people inside the Secret Service appear to have seriously compromised that organization.
As to pro-Trump people inside the Secret Service, here is comments on this in an interview with the January 6th committee member Mrs Lofgren starting at 04:20 with a question from the interviewer:

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Some dissenting opinions and levity:
I don't have time to cover an 1.5 hours of footage jeez. I think Biden and Ukraine should be investigated, but I also think Trump + January 6th supporters + stealing federal documents automatically puts him in legal trouble.

Tim Pool doesn't use any hard evidence here beyond Pelosi wanting to punch him. Where's the video evidence pointing security letting rioters in???

I had to stop when Gutfeld said Trump's been in more "fake" trials then....

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I don't have time to cover an 1.5 hours of footage jeez. I think Biden and Ukraine should be investigated, but I also think Trump + January 6th supporters + stealing federal documents automatically puts him in legal trouble.
Biden and Ukraine should be investigated? You mean the following? And what, exactly, do you want investigated?

>>>The Biden–Ukraine conspiracy theory is a series of false claims centered on the baseless allegation that while Joe Biden was vice president of the United States, he engaged in corrupt activities relating to the employment of his son, Hunter Biden, by the Ukrainian gas company Burisma.[1] They were spread primarily in an attempt to damage Joe Biden's reputation during the 2020 presidential campaign.[2] United States intelligence community analysis released in March 2021 found that proxies of Russian intelligence promoted and laundered misleading or unsubstantiated narratives about the Bidens "to US media organizations, US officials, and prominent US individuals, including some close to former President Trump and his administration."[3][4][5] The New York Times reported in May 2021 that a federal criminal investigation was examining a possible role by current and former Ukrainian officials, including whether they used former Trump personal attorney Rudy Giuliani, who is the subject of a separate federal investigation, to spread unsubstantiated claims.[6]

The conspiracy theory alleges that then-Vice President Biden withheld loan guarantees to pressure Ukraine into firing a prosecutor to prevent a corruption investigation into Burisma and to protect his son. The United States did withhold government aid to pressure Ukraine into removing the prosecutor,[7] in accord with the official and bipartisan policy of the federal government of the United States. The US government, along with the European Union, the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund, believed the prosecutor to be corrupt and ineffective and too lenient in investigating companies and oligarchs, including Burisma and its owner.[8][9] A January 2018 video shows Biden taking credit for withholding the loan guarantees to have the prosecutor fired, acting to implement bipartisan US policy rather than for the reasons the conspiracy theory alleges.[10][11]<<<

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Jan 6 Hearing Shows Trump Knew He Lost – Even While Claiming Otherwise
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2022/10/14/trump-knew-he-lost-jan-6/

The likely final hearing of the Jan 6 panel painted a portrait of an American president who, with the help from a cabal of right-wing allies, embarked on a premeditated plan to refuse to cede power regardless of the election results and who – despite privately acknowledging that he'd lost to Biden – ultimately executed that plan to deadly effect on 6 Jan 2021.

Through roughly 2½ hours of pretaped testimony, riot footage, stark lawmaker statements and incriminating text messages, the committee argued that despite Trump's immense capacity for self-deception and dishonesty, the former president fully understood he had lost the election – and yet continued to contest the results anyway. Some details revealed during Thursday’s hearing:
  • Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) said. "Trump’s own campaign experts told him that there was no evidence to support his claims. His own Justice Dept. appointees investigated the election fraud claims and told him – point blank – they were false. In mid-December 2020, Trump's senior advisers told him the time had come to concede the election. Donald Trump knew the courts had ruled against him." "He had all of this information," Cheney continued, “but still, he made the conscious choice to claim fraudulently that the election was stolen."
  • Trump’s communications director recounted popping into the Oval Office roughly a week after the 2020 election to find a morose Trump watching TV: "Can you believe I lost to this f---ing guy?" Trump lamented, referring to then-President-elect Joe Biden.
  • A young aide to Trump’s former chief of staff Mark Meadows recalled Meadows telling her, "A lot of times he'll tell me that he lost but he wants to keep fighting it."
  • Bill Stepien, Trump's 2020 campaign manager, remembered – in the days and weeks following the election – joining the unofficial "truth-telling squad" tasked with informing Trump that he had, in fact, lost the 2020 election.
  • As further evidence that Trump understood he would not be serving a second term, Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.) presented detailed testimony recounting how on 11 Nov 2020 – just four days after news organizations officially called the election in favor of Biden – Trump signed an order calling for the immediate withdrawal of all US troops from Afghanistan and Somalia, to be completed before Biden’s inauguration on 20 Jan 2021.
  • Rep. Zoe Lofgren (D-Calif.) noted at one point the committee had interviewed Brad Parscale, who had served as Trump's campaign manager before Stepien. Parscale had told them "that President Trump planned, as early as July, that he would say he won the election even if he lost."
  • Lofgren also played audio from Stephen K. Bannon – a former senior adviser for Trump who had been in touch with him before 6 Jan – telling associates in China a few days before the election that regardless of the actual results, Trump was simply going to say he had won.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
All this strongly suggests Trump's willful defiance.

It also raises the question: Why did none of these people come forward to warn the country of his actions?

Last edited:
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
It really makes you wonder whether a criminal referral will be made. I don't know the laws behind this, but it certainly looks and smells like sh!t. Like a good mob boss, Trump always seems to be just one step away from actually saying the incriminating part or leaving the evidence behind to show he did. There was clearly a willful act on his behalf to keep Trump in power regardless of the (f)actual outcome of the election. To some extent, he clearly participated in it.
Is it enough?

(I'm with Conway... the shortest path to Trump in a trump-colored jumpsuit is the documents case. I suspect the latest DOJ appeal is in hopes of clearing the path to a warrant for Bedminster. I suspect with Cannon still calling some element of the shots, they don't want to act as she has clearly put her whole weight on the scale for Trump.)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis