Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Samsung S22 Ultra 256GB

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
November 4-11? Crap. :mad:
Trust me, I'm in the same boat. I've ordered my on the first pre-order day, Sept 16th. Pro and Pro Max models are hard to get.
I work for a global financial company (over 500 employees and hundreds of consultants), and so far, I see only 7 iPhone 14 Pros (including Max) registered to get the company's email.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
What I meant was, the first week they usually sell out and this was the first time the 14 did not. For about 1-2 weeks you could get some of the models at any store but likely that first round has sold out. When the S22 Ultra came out, I actually got mine 1 week before the release and after that first round came out, it was over a month before the next round came.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I've ditched Android mobile phones (as a long time user) due to their atrocious poor software updates support, especially the lack of security updates. Now the top-end Android Phones are not that much cheaper than iPhones, and Apple has a proven track record of many years of support. Android has been piss poor with updates and the Android mobile phone makers have a steep uphill to regain credibility about updates.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
There are so many excellent YouTube videos that cover this. I don't think you will get any reasonable answers here.

I mean, they will be reasonable, but biased by what some people like.

At the end of the day, if you like the Samsung/Android ecosystem, and you haven't worked with Apple, you will be unhappy. Apple is far more into their own ecosystem and lacking any user-side changes completely. Android is just better at that. The flip side is that Apple tends to 'just work'.

Both cameras have amazing cameras, which is a big deal for a lot of people these days. So, it's not like one is great and one sucks. They are both great.
Both are fast, both are responsive, both have good memory, both cost similarly.

I think I might consider the Samsung if I was an upgrader... But I am not. I am rocking my iPhone 7 Plus from 2016 still. That's 6 or so years of ownership. I bought it new, shortly after release. I expect to keep it another year (despite my battery getting weak). It has had zero issues, except for the time I had it while Jet Skiing in a thunderstorm, but it held up and still works. So, for long term ownership and those who don't do or want upgrades often, Apple owns. By a mile.

Pick your poison, but I would say that you may be happier staying in your Android ecosystem. Apple doesn't offer any real improvement to your world in my (pretty worthless) opinion.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I've ditched Android mobile phones (as a long time user) due to their atrocious poor software updates support, especially the lack of security updates. Now the top-end Android Phones are not that much cheaper than iPhones, and Apple has a proven track record of many years of support. Android has been piss poor with updates and the Android mobile phone makers have a steep uphill to regain credibility about updates.
Google's own devices aren't as bad. I will knock a few points down for previously only doing two years of updates. For reference, Apple promises at least 5 but typically over-delivers closer to 7 years. Google/Samsung and others blamed Qualcomm for this (not providing updating drivers for over two years of processor models). Starting Pixel 6, Google did with their system, so why they still only offer 3 years of major OS updates is beyond me.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
think I might consider the Samsung if I was an upgrader... But I am not. I am rocking my iPhone 7 Plus from 2016 still. That's 6 or so years of ownership
And you’re still getting updates for that iPhone, though not the iOS 16 update.

Beats Android by far.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I prefer Android over iOS but got tired of the Samsung bloatware preinstalled on the phone, which you can not easily uninstall. Got a Google Pixel last year and have been very happy with it. It's also unlocked, while the Samsungs in Canada are usually tied to a particular provider. Pixel 7 is supposed to be very good and there are good deals on the 6 right now. I'll give the upper hand to Apple for battery life and the iPhone is usually better for photos and video, but the iOS interface drives me crazy. :D S22 is still a great phone so it comes down to battery usage and whether you do any content creation.
Which phone has more BLOATWARE, iPhone or Samsung?

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord

Beats Android by far.
Anecdotal example: My iPad Air 2 (circa 2014) is still smooth to use and running iPadOS 16 (released this year). None of my android tablets could even remotely claim either of such feats.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Any Android device, which isn't by Google. iPhone comes installed with ZERO 3rd party apps.
iPhone 14-Pro-Max: faster CPU, longer battery, Zero 3rd-party apps.

So basically the main 2 gripes with iPhones are 1) less "customization" than Samsung and 2) having to sync everything.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
iPhone 14-Pro-Max: faster CPU, longer battery, Zero 3rd-party apps.
See my previous posts and other folks. Apple devices are not without their compromises. See what you value more.
One more point (I'm starting to sound like an apple fanboy) - This little move cost Facebook hundreds of millions in ad revenue.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
See my previous posts and other folks. Apple devices are not without their compromises. See what you value more.
One more point (I'm starting to sound like an apple fanboy) - This little move cost Facebook hundreds of millions in ad revenue.
My next big question is the GPS, Google Maps vs Apple?

My wife and daughter said they prefer Apple over Good Maps. But I've been using Google Maps like forever.

What I love about Google Maps is the TRAFFIC warnings - like Accidents and traffic jams/delays. Does Apple Maps/GPS also have this traffic warnings?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi

Beats Android by far.
Android is 4 years for OS updates, Apple is 5. Depending on when you bought it in the cycle, that can be up to 5 for Android and 6 for Apple. Not really much difference. Security continues to still get updates.

My wife and daughter said they prefer Apple over Good Maps. But I've been using Google Maps like forever.

What I love about Google Maps is the TRAFFIC warnings - like Accidents and traffic jams/delays. Does Apple Maps/GPS also have this traffic warnings?
Use google maps on Apple lol. I do, because Apple's blows.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord

You could use either. Google Maps, Waze, or Apple maps. Most big android apps are available on iPhone.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Android is 4 years for OS updates, Apple is 5. Depending on when you bought it in the cycle, that can be up to 5 for Android and 6 for Apple.
Not quite.
The latest Pixel 6 and later phones get 3 years of OS updates and 5 years of security updates.
Anything earlier got 3 years of OS and Security updates.

iPhone 6/6 Plus was the last one, with software supported only for 3 years. They have drastically improved since.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis