Ukraine – Russia … not more of the last thread

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
It looks like Ukrainian forces are advancing in both Kharkiv and Kherson.

In the Kherson region, it appears to me that all or almost all Russian forces on the north west side of the Dnieper river are within range of Ukraine HIMARS missiles and M982 Excalibur rounds. According to various reports, the Russians have been putting up pontoon bridges across the river, but these bridges keep getting hit by Ukraine artillery. In other words, the Russian forces appear to be trapped in a kill box.

The usual disclaimers (and then some) apply. The Ukrainian side has not released much information, apparently for operational security reasons. Thus, a lot of the current OSINT information is based on reports from Russian "channels." Nevertheless, a fairly consistent picture seems to be emerging.

M

Mojo Navigator

Junior Audioholic
The German government's position in the war has shifted and now it is clear why they failed to provide weaponry until now. The cowardly Germans initially predicted a Russian victory and did not want to alienate the Russians by providing weapons that were promised to Ukraine. Now that it is likely that the Russians are losing the war the German weapons are finally being shipped to Ukraine. The Ukrainians will remember this for the next 100 years. Germans have not changed since the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact of 1939.

Shame on Germany.

Glory to Ukraine

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Lots of good news on the internet about Ukrainian counter-offensives with Russians fleeing.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Tucker beat a defamation lawsuit a couple years ago on the basis that viewers would understand he does not state "actual facts" on his show:
If he's not stating facts, they should place a constant disclaimer along the bottom of the screen and not tout themselves as a news source.

Carlson needs a reality check.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
>>>Ukraine’s military forces have taken back 3,000 square kilometers of Russian-occupied territory this month, the country’s top military commander said on Sunday.

“In the Kharkiv direction, we began to advance not only to the south and east, but also to the north,” General Valeriy Zaluzhnyi, said on Telegram. “Since the beginning of September, more than 3,000 square kilometers have returned under Ukrainian control.”

Ukrainian forces are now about 50 kilometers from the Russian border, Zaluzhnyi added.<<<

highfigh

highfigh

I really hope this is true-

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Lots of good news on the internet about Ukrainian counter-offensives with Russians fleeing.

Sure hope flanks are not forgotten in case of all this being a major trap by the Russians.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
It looks like the Russian forces are retreating in Kharkiv as fast as they can, and they are leaving behind military equipment, etc.

>>>NEW: #Ukraine has decisively won the Battle of #Kharkiv Oblast, @TheStudyofWar can assess, recovering its territory northwest, north, and northeast of the city and ending the Russian ground & artillery threat to Ukraine’s second-largest city. . . . The #UkrainianCounteroffensive has shocked the Russians and driven them into a panicked and disorderly retreat. The Russians have not been mining areas they retreat from as they did when they pulled back from around Kyiv. . . . Furthermore, Russian forces retreating from #Kharkiv Oblast are leaving behind large amounts of equipment and supplies that Ukrainian forces can use to continue counteroffensive operations.<<<

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
I really hope this is true-

Same here. Unfortunately, the Russians probably will get fooled again.

highfigh

highfigh

It looks like the Russian forces are retreating in Kharkiv as fast as they can, and they are leaving behind military equipment, etc.

>>>NEW: #Ukraine has decisively won the Battle of #Kharkiv Oblast, @TheStudyofWar can assess, recovering its territory northwest, north, and northeast of the city and ending the Russian ground & artillery threat to Ukraine’s second-largest city. . . . The #UkrainianCounteroffensive has shocked the Russians and driven them into a panicked and disorderly retreat. The Russians have not been mining areas they retreat from as they did when they pulled back from around Kyiv. . . . Furthermore, Russian forces retreating from #Kharkiv Oblast are leaving behind large amounts of equipment and supplies that Ukrainian forces can use to continue counteroffensive operations.<<<

They left equipment behind? Wow! They really MUST want to be like the US.....

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Unfortunately the war is far from over.
Absolutely. And, Putin may be at his most dangerous right now. It would be stupid to escalate the war at this point, but it was stupid to invade in the first place.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Absolutely. And, Putin may be at his most dangerous right now. It would be stupid to escalate the war at this point, but it was stupid to invade in the first place.
He could declare war against Ukraine so that he can mobilize and put forth a draft and so forth, but that will take time to have an effect and the war has shown that the Russian military has real issues to conduct a modern war. Apparently there are even internal political dangers for him to declare war.

He could start attacking staging areas in NATO for weapons shipments into Ukraine. That would get very dangerous very quickly.

Early in his brutal invasion of Ukraine he did threaten with the use of nuclear weapons but such an escalation I think is very risky (economically, at least) to Russia as allies like China will rethink their support in response to the reaction of the Western world.

Last edited:
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
The German support for Ukraine has been disappointing, and still is.

They whine about the relatively small hit to their economy, but many of us remember clearly the depression level economies they wanted other countries to suffer during the financial crisis and the Euro crisis since 2008.

Shameful.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
An interesting background on the planning of the two recent Ukrainian counteroffensives that also involved allies, with one of counteroffensives wildly successful in the short term.

If you disable Javascript and clear cookies you should be able to read it. I also use an ad-blocker and have done so for many years.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
An interesting background on the planning of the two recent Ukrainian counteroffensives that also involved allies, with one of counteroffensives wildly successful in the short term.

If you disable Javascript and clear cookies you should be able to read it. I also use an ad-blocker and have done so for many years.

You lost me at "disable Javascript"...

highfigh

highfigh

He could declare war against Ukraine so that he can mobilize and put forth a draft and so forth, but that will take time to have an effect and the war has shown that the Russian military has real issues to conduct a modern war. Apparently there are even internal political dangers for him to declare war.

He could start attacking staging areas in NATO for weapons shipments into Ukraine. That would get very dangerous very quickly.

Early in his brutal invasion of Ukraine he did threaten with the use of nuclear weapons but such an escalation I think is very risky (economically, at least) to Russia as allies like China will rethink their support in response to the reaction of the Western world.
From Wiki,

"
As of 2021, all male citizens aged 18–27 are subject to conscription for 1 year of active duty military service in armed forces, but the precise number of conscripts for each of the recruitment campaigns, which are usually held twice annually, is prescribed by particular Presidential Decree.[13] Russian law provides some grounds for temporary postponement of and permanent exemption from military draft.

The conscription of graduates of civilian institutions of higher education, who have graduated the military departments of their universities and received a commission as an officer was abolished on 1 January 2008 when the amendments, contained in Federal Law of 6 July 2006, №104-FZ,[14] entered into force."

I think that if he strikes staging areas in a NATO country, it would be seen as an act of war, which SHOULD bring retaliation but that's the problem- it should, but that's definitely a double-edged sword.

I guess that if they were to do that, it would be the same as telling NATO that they don't want the Kremlin to exist anymore.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis