What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
JBL HDI 3800 towers fed from a pair of crown xls2502 amps and a Yamaha rxa8a receiver upstream and pair of turbosound tse118 's in my music room, in the theatre svs ultra towers and ultra bookshelves for surrounds pair of svs pb 16 ultra subs and the jtr 218 captivator pro sub
I auditioned a pair HDI 3600 towers a few months ago and loved the sound. If I already didn't own Paradigms I would have put the cash down that day. Great speakers.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
your right I keep switching between rooms ,wish I would have bought two, thank god its on wheels lol. I,m running the crown amps in an input Y config. with one amp left and one amp right and one channel going to the woofers and one channel going to the horn tweeter, so bi wired each speaker thought maybe that would help crosstalk without having to bridge?
I'd just use one channel of the amp for each speaker (and I use a 2502 on my JBL 590s fwiw, more than sufficient power), and was thinking you were bridging since you had two amps but I see no benefit in the bi-wiring/passive bi-amping thing and wouldn't bridge generally anyways due the loss of impedance capabilities....is crosstalk a particular issue you've got with those amps? Was thinking more about dual subs in the same room, tho :)

V

viseral audio

Audioholic
thanks lovinthehd for the input your right I don't hear much difference from using just one amp, just been too lazy to change it back.with the JBL3800,s I use a pair of turbo sound 18 " subs which really don't go that low but have a really nice fill in for bass from 35hz on up and helps smooth out sickouts in my room.someday another jtr sub they are plenty deep for my likes.

V

viseral audio

Audioholic
ps I've never heard anything from crosstalk but paranoia got the best of me lol

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Anyone knows of a website that has the TV series Halo that's on Paramount +right now, on Blu-ray or 4K disc? Prefer 4K disc, but I'll take reg Blu-ray.
Edit: anyone? Slow here on the weekends. Guess gotta wait till Monday when the rest of you guy's get back to y'all's offices.
Beulah? Beulah? Umm crickets.lol

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I lost my FitBit Charge 4 due to a strap failure. I ended up buying an Apple Watch SE with GPS. Dam Apple now terminates all its USB with USB C so I had to buy a USB C to USB adapter. My 4K of Dr Strange came in as well. I can't wait to watch it!!

IMG-7185.jpg

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
I lost my FitBit Charge 4 due to a strap failure. I ended up buying an Apple Watch SE with GPS. Dam Apple now terminates all its USB with USB C so I had to buy a USB C to USB adapter. My 4K of Dr Strange came in as well. I can't wait to watch it!!

View attachment 57049
Multivers de la Folie!

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Preordered the next Heilung album, Drif, as well as a bunch of shirts and hoodies for the wife and I.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Haven't bought it yet because shops are all backed up until mid to late Aug, but the clutch just went out on my STI hatch. Estimate so far is $2800 o_O And it has to be towed, good thing I have AAA.

S

ScrubbBussy

Enthusiast
I bought a pair of Audeze LCD-X headphones a few moths ago and have been extremely pleased with them. They are the best headphones I have owned, by far. Planar Magnetic headphones sound distinct from more traditional headphones. For how heavy they are, the headphones are surprisingly comfortable, however, they are hot.
The headphones benefit significantly from digital EQ.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
New WetLeg CD! Also picked up Jagged Little Pill as Alanis played here recently and it was cheap. :). Got my wife the Joni Mitchell Archives Vol.2 5 CD set as her b-day is coming up.
PXL_20220802_220421778.jpg

W

Wardog555

Full Audioholic
Bought myself a new 5.0 speaker package today.

Contains polk reserve. R200 bookshelves. R300 center. R600 towers. And it was 40% off retail!

There was only 4 packages available at that price and limited to the one color.

This is a rare deal and I'm ecstatic to buy the speaker range I been saving up to buy!

Now it's waiting for them to ship it out.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Got the upgrade bug. Found a new/used Anthem AVM70 on Canuck Audio Mart for 1700$ less than full retail. Decided to bite the bullet on it and make the purchase. Should be here this week some time. Will post pics when it arrives.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Got the upgrade bug. Found a new/used Anthem AVM70 on Canuck Audio Mart for 1700$ less than full retail. Decided to bite the bullet on it and make the purchase. Should be here this week some time. Will post pics when it arrives.
That's a sweet deal. Interested to hear what you think of it compared to your ToneWinner unit.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Picked up a Bose Soundlink Flex. It’s the right size and shape for my new “go bag”, which was the #1 consideration. Not bothering to go all audiophile on it, but it sounds decent enough at moderate volumes. Will certainly be useful if/when I get more hospital time again.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Picked up a Bose Soundlink Flex. It’s the right size and shape for my new “go bag”, which was the #1 consideration. Not bothering to go all audiophile on it, but it sounds decent enough at moderate volumes. Will certainly be useful if/when I get more hospital time again.
I know Bose gets a bad rap on these (and many other "audiophile" pages) but for a simple, convenient sound source, they are hard to beat. Overpriced? Maybe, but they get the job done and sound pretty darn good.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
I know Bose gets a bad rap on these (and many other "audiophile" pages) but for a simple, convenient sound source, they are hard to beat. Overpriced? Maybe, but they get the job done and sound pretty darn good.
Truth be told, I’ve had no beef with their wireless earbuds. They measure well enough over at rtings, so I don’t worry about the brand snobbery.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Truth be told, I’ve had no beef with their wireless earbuds. They measure well enough over at rtings, so I don’t worry about the brand snobbery.
While I wouldn't consider Bose for home theatre speakers, they make great lifestyle products. I have the QuietComfort earbuds in both regular and noise-cancelling options and they were a substantial improvement over the Samsung stock buds. Also got to use a Sound Link Mini at a cottage we rented and for a small bluetooth speaker it sounded quite good. Bose knows how to get bass out of a small package.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis