Has gene ever used wire world cables?

O

OHMisback

Audioholic
Are you kidding, AG is a roller coaster of posters. They ban more and flip the switch on more people than WBF (I think that's the place.) (Snotty bunch) That's the reason.

They HAD great poster. I know a LOT of people, BAMB. Just flip the switch.. They owe a LOT of people apologies for their BS. They have been verbally black listed through most Unions.. They ERASE bad feedback and BAN people that complain for a refund or satisfaction. The Viking Acoustic thread BS was on par.

At AG it's like a pack of liberal dogs and moderator Tammy. She is a weird one. ALL the sellers are 100%. It's amazing.. Me I'm liberal, until I'm conservative then I stand on the fence and flip off both sides. An army of one!

I'm a retired heavy duty master mechanic, that explains all of it. Nothing to do with AG. It use to be an OK place to exchange ideas. Pretty poor tooling for one and a real weird site policy that is about the size of the old testament. If you can wade through the BS and site politics. Have at it, I'll pass.. AG SUCKS, some of their poster are a hoot though...

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Are you kidding, that place is a roller coaster of posters. They ban more and flip the switch on more people than WBF (I think that's the place.) Snotty bunch. That's the reason. They HAD great poster. I know of 50 people, BAMB. Just flip the switch.. They owe a LOT of people apologies for their BS. They have been verbally black listed through most Unions.. They ERASE bad feedback and BAN people that complain for a refund or satisfaction.

At AG it's like a pack of liberal dogs and moderator Tammy. She is a weird one. ALL the sellers are 100%. It's amazing.. Me I'm liberal, until I'm conservative then I stand on the fence and flip off both sides. An army of one!

I'm a retired heavy duty master mechanic, that explains all of it. Nothing to do with AG. It use to be an OK place to exchange ideas. Pretty poor tooling for one and a real weird site policy that is about the size of the old testament. If you can wade through the BS and site politics. Have at it, I'll pass.. AG SUCKS, some of their poster are a hoot though...
But they often drink the cable coolaid. I haven't bothered with the forums there for years, just too much nonsense.

mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
I haven't bothered with the forums there for years, just too much nonsense.
Really your being very unfair, WBF or AS don't suffer fools easily, there run by professionals for professionals, But everyone gets a far go. Sure there a bit picky, but if you have a genuine grievance, or a point to make, with a manufacturer they will hear you out and allow the thread to run it's course. There was a case a while ago about some damaged speakers. Audiogon deleted the thread, Simple because the offending person concerned was a contributor to Audiogon. Both WBF and AS allowed it to run. So really it's how you approach it, Go in gun's blazing, and your not going to get anywhere. I've been a member of both WBF and AS for some years and never had a problem.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Thanks for that. :)
Yes I actually hook up my PC inline on my freezer. I let them simmer for a couple of months then on to a cooker for 15 days or so.. It really helps to plug them in and finally let them SETTLE for 7 to 10 days.

The gear I use is pretty sensitive to crappy cables. Good cables well built. It's hard for me to tell the difference..

I can sure hear a crappy one though.. LOL Cary valve gear don't like crappy cables, at ALL. Mac not so picky..

Denon, HK, Marantz, a lot of the AV stuff it's tough to hear or justify. My Krell HT gear likes good interconnects.. There is a few that benefit and a LOT more that don't.. All the old Mac analog C45 stuff like that.. They liked good beefy cables..

I like trinural analog processors, Mac, Krell, and SST all had good ones. You better use good cabling.. I didn't say expensive, I said GOOD

There is a reason for LS100 JBLs. Adcoms and coat hangers. Pretty good actually. Just High Fidelity doesn't come to mind. JBL D44000 Paragon that's a different story, maybe #9 Marantz valve amps.

I love stuff.
Are you serious? FFS!

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Clearly a blend of Cumin, Coriander, Paprika, Mex. Oregano, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Black Pepper, and some Chilis. Plenty of Salt, too.
Too many. One or more masking, cannot separate them out. Well, maybe the garlic if it has enough. :D

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I’d say “chewing” in that case unless he has one of a heck digestive system.
Probably sous vide that sh!t... at least 5 days at 150ºF. It'll need curing first in a brine with some Instacure no.1...
Another good way to add seasoning. Brine it, dry it, then dry rub it, vacuum it, cook it.
:D

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Really your being very unfair, WBF or AS don't suffer fools easily, there run by professionals for professionals, But everyone gets a far go. Sure there a bit picky, but if you have a genuine grievance, or a point to make, with a manufacturer they will hear you out and allow the thread to run it's course. There was a case a while ago about some damaged speakers. Audiogon deleted the thread, Simple because the offending person concerned was a contributor to Audiogon. Both WBF and AS allowed it to run. So really it's how you approach it, Go in gun's blazing, and your not going to get anywhere. I've been a member of both WBF and AS for some years and never had a problem.
WBF is loony tune land. What is AS? Many audio groups on FB and some fora are populated by shills for particular segments of the audio industry, tho. The cable lunacy is just one aspect.

O

OHMisback

Audioholic
Are you serious? FFS!
So you don't think a phono stage with silver/teflon wiring, tube rectified and NEW, transformers and valves, comes out of the box ready to go? Talk to me in 1000 hours. The same goes for a rewired tonearm, repaired cart or ANY part of a phono stage. It has such a LOW current it takes forever with certain combinations. Silver clad with rhodium terminal ends is a great example. 500 hours is not uncommon. OFC copper 50 hours or less. About the time it takes to break-in a new stylus. Most CHEAPLY wired tonearms that were and ARE wired with OFC YOU wouldn't notice the difference anyway.

WHY? You chose to believe that better gear and cables don't make a difference in reference sound quality, I simply beg to differ after years of listening to many different TT setups..

BTW the ROOM is still 50% of the sound. I'd start there first, before telling ME about the finer points of TT excellence and the absolute necessity of great cables that are properly made and prepared.

I'll chalk it up to impatience and youth, that is a complement by the way..:) I wish I didn't know that, it would make me 40 years younger.. BIGGER smile.

Some thing you need to learn and just listen to someone else about. There is more than TWO side to every story believe it or not.. I'd also recommend reading NEWER EE publications, 2013 and newer. You might be surprised what they talk about and have proven. Yet you haven't read their publication (9 years old NOW) and apparently know little about. OR worse yet you believed the OTHER BS.. Cables don't matter..

Funniest thing I've EVER heard..

They matter all right, they just DON'T have to cost a fortune.. Quit being LAZY, do the research.

Where is rodman99999 wonderful teacher IF you pay attention..

Go to a wire production plant, I have a few times, pay attention to HOW they spool the wire/cable..
How they make sure the wire (you better hope they do) is pulled off the spool and strung in the same direction. THEN encased.. Look at most Romex cable it is pushed through the dies in the same direction then encased.. They ain't stupid, they (Romex) even pay attention and learn or at least discern the difference..

49 years retired HD master mechanic. Hydraulics anyone.. Stereo stuff is pretty easy if you pay attention.
Hydraulics, it's WET so to speak. :)

Be well and remember ugly cables are just like anything ugly. They just ARE. I like pretty girls myself.

Last edited:
CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
I must be the odd ball being the only member that prefers a chocolatey cable. I find that the spicy cables sound a bit bright for my taste.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis