Robb elementary shooting in TX

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
How does that prevent someone who is 22, or 92 from doing the same?

I'm less concerned about age and more concerned about qualiications.
I have no kids or hunting hobby but seems like it might reduce some of the violence from kids who are thinking of doing something like this. I do see also that a lot of these kids get bullied and that needs attention too. Anyhow like I mentioned I don’t have either a child or a hunting hobby so it’s not quite as emotional for me as it is for most people. There have been mall shootings though here in the area I live (Seattle/Tacoma) so its not just happening at schools.

Last edited:
S

steve64

Enthusiast
This is an audio site. so , let's get back to music!! I'm sure that all of you have seen the news reports showing
those four cops standing behind the speaker being interviewed, you know, the big ones in the big COWBOY
HATS. Since they DO NOT KNOW HOW TO BE POLICE OFFICERS, THEY CAN AND SHOULD START A " BOY
BAND "!!!! And wear those real classy hats. Their first song can be, " AT THE YMCA "!! Just like THE VILLAGE PEOPLE!!!

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
It's getting worse
The more I see about this, the more it looks like the police at the scene were ordered by their superiors to wait until the SWAT team showed up. And later, after that all became a disaster, those same superiors are trying to blame it on the local police. This looks like standard bureaucratic behavior: Screw up, CYA, and blame someone lower ranking than yourself by throwing them under the bus.

Until we know more facts from trustworthy sources, we should doubt any story from any of those police who were involved.

Last edited:
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
How does that prevent someone who is 22, or 92 from doing the same?

I'm less concerned about age and more concerned about qualiications.
Easy, most 22yo aren't freshly out of high school or are still in high school. Same for 92yo.

High school children shouldn't be allowed to buy guns. Simple as that. When they stop shooting their classmates, we can re-visit.

The logic of 18 is an adult is silly and antiquated. (not saying you said that)

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.

can any sane person explain why 40% of the budget is for policing? It’s an industry unto itself.
What's the total budget? It's a low income city and only 50 miles from the border. Might be that the city's budget is lower than typical.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I remember when this came out, the NRA went nuts trying to stop it but the Fla Govt did it anyway. IT works if the LEO's can get the individuals with problems to the judge soon enough. From what could find, this Red Law has been used over 6,000 times in Fl since 2018. Its not the total answer but its just a start, but its up to the LEO's to act on it.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
wishful thinking, that would be nice but for starters how about we eliminate some of these a-hole DA's and their 'catch & release' programs. Who isn't sick and tired of criminals allowed back on the street with a conviction list as long as ones arm ? :mad:
Happens all the time around my area. The swinging door of justice. The police arrest them and the courts set a low bond and then out they come and do it all over again before their court date. And the courts slap their hand and out they go yet again. Criminals have NO fear of the justice system as they know in most cases it works within their favor.
Well, it's not like the US doesn't put people in jail.
List of countries by incarceration rate - Wikipedia

Not keeping particularly good company here:
• Ranking: most prisoners per capita by country 2021 | Statista

Just packing the prisons tighter is akin to, "The beatings will continue until morale improves". For many inmates, prison is just a criminal finishing school, doing nothing to rehabilitate, leaving many ex-cons with few choices when they leave prison.

Maybe it's time to try something else.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Well, it's not like the US doesn't put people in jail.
List of countries by incarceration rate - Wikipedia

Not keeping particularly good company here:
• Ranking: most prisoners per capita by country 2021 | Statista

Just packing the prisons tighter is akin to, "The beatings will continue until morale improves". For many inmates, prison is just a criminal finishing school, doing nothing to rehabilitate, leaving many ex-cons with few choices when they leave prison.

Maybe it's time to try something else.
It's 90% percent men in the USA (depending on the definition of a man). Given the logic of current times this is most definitely a sign of rampant sexism against men.

Also, the overall incarceration rate may be understated since the US does not apply the same legal standards against politicians versus the average citizen.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
What do you have in mind ,
Public shaming for non-violent crimes would work.

Mandatory community service too.

Make people clean up the neighborhood or the public gets to throw rotten vegetables at you.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Public shaming for non-violent crimes would work.

Mandatory community service too.

Make people clean up the neighborhood or the public gets to throw rotten vegetables at you.
AND Bring back the Prison Stripes. A lot of states went to soild colors. The stripes should mean the badge of shame. You commit the crime its time to dress to support the actions.

And

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis