Robb elementary shooting in TX

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
In Canada, a new law will be enacted banning sales of handguns, and stronger controls will be effected at airports, customs and border sites.

H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic
The "solution" being put forth by some people, which basically creating a police state, worries me more a whole lot more than gun control. I think it should be worrying all of us. The emphasis should be on preventing crimes before they happen.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
The emphasis should be on preventing crimes before they happen.
wishful thinking, that would be nice but for starters how about we eliminate some of these a-hole DA's and their 'catch & release' programs. Who isn't sick and tired of criminals allowed back on the street with a conviction list as long as ones arm ? :mad:

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
wishful thinking, that would be nice but for starters how about we eliminate some of these a-hole DA's and their 'catch & release' programs. Who isn't sick and tired of criminals allowed back on the street with a conviction list as long as ones arm ? :mad:
Happens all the time around my area. The swinging door of justice. The police arrest them and the courts set a low bond and then out they come and do it all over again before their court date. And the courts slap their hand and out they go yet again. Criminals have NO fear of the justice system as they know in most cases it works within their favor.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Well, the guns came from somewhere unless they are all ghost weapons assembled at home.
Yes, they did and it's because of something I keep harping about and receiving resistance for- PEOPLE can't stop doing bad/illegal things. Criminals don't give a rat's ass if something is illegal- if they want to do something, they will and no government will make them stop. That's the reason some of us say that no legislated gun control will work. If they can't buy one, they'll borrow or steal one. If they still can't get one, many will make one- a crude gun can be made with parts from a hardware store and at close range, it's 'good enough'.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

And now another false report is straightened.
The front door was not propped open. The person, a teacher perhaps saw the shooter coming and I think it was a female shut the door but apparently it didn't auto lock as it should have.
What's next?

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
That is relevant to this how?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Yes, they did and it's because of something I keep harping about and receiving resistance for- PEOPLE can't stop doing bad/illegal things. Criminals don't give a rat's ass if something is illegal- if they want to do something, they will and no government will make them stop. That's the reason some of us say that no legislated gun control will work. If they can't buy one, they'll borrow or steal one. If they still can't get one, many will make one- a crude gun can be made with parts from a hardware store and at close range, it's 'good enough'.
No, you cannot. Where there is a will, there is a way.
It can certainly limit access and this 18 year old could have been checked from getting weapont.

highfigh

highfigh

No, you cannot. Where there is a will, there is a way.
It can certainly limit access and this 18 year old could have been checked from getting weapont.
I'm seeing reports that legislators want to raise the age for buying long guns to 21- it's a start, but too late.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I think it makes sense to raise the age for long guns to 21. Tobacco is 21 now, the same as Alcohol has been for a long time.

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
I think it makes sense to raise the age for long guns to 21. Tobacco is 21 now, the same as Alcohol has been for a long time.
How does that prevent someone who is 22, or 92 from doing the same?

I'm less concerned about age and more concerned about qualiications.

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
if you had to ask, you (and Hobbit) wouldn't understand ..........
In other words, you don't know.

Whatabout whatabout whatabout.

Standard conservative horse manure.

Learn to focus, that's how problems are solved.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis