Robb elementary shooting in TX

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
There should also be a waiting period on ALL guns, say 2 weeks. It might not help as deranged, mental or evil people will just find another way or another path to get a weapon.
You're forgetting about those who are genuinely stupid. Even they can find an alternative to a gun if they're motovated.

highfigh

highfigh

LOL :D. A politician like Texas Ted Cruz might require two or three times as many dildos. And these couldn't be those puny battery-powered dildos. They'd have to be corded and run directly on 120V AC.
You don't think this would provide enough power?

1654523307069.png

highfigh

highfigh

You can't stop evil and evil does not care about laws anyway.
No, it does not.It doesn't care about position in society, family background, genetics or anything but a receptive mind.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
You can't stop evil and evil does not care about laws anyway.
No, it does not.It doesn't care about position in society, family background, genetics or anything but a receptive mind.
“Stupidity is a more dangerous enemy of the good than malice. One may protest against evil; it can be exposed and, if need be, prevented by use of force. Evil always carries within itself the germ of its own subversion in that it leaves behind in human beings at least a sense of unease. Against stupidity we are defenseless. Neither protests nor the use of force accomplish anything here; reasons fall on deaf ears; facts that contradict one’s prejudgment simply need not be believed – in such moments the stupid person even becomes critical – and when facts are irrefutable they are just pushed aside as inconsequential, as incidental. In all this the stupid person, in contrast to the malicious one, is utterly self satisfied and, being easily irritated, becomes dangerous by going on the attack. For that reason, greater caution is called for when dealing with a stupid person than with a malicious one. Never again will we try to persuade the stupid person with reasons, for it is senseless and dangerous.”

― Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Letters and Papers from Prison

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Great post. Bonhoeffer is probably one of the greatest Germans of the 20th century and a man that well understood the road to tyranny via degradation of a nations culture and educational standards.

One of his most incisive quotes, "This much is certain, Stupidity is in essence not an intellectual defect but a Moral one."

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I San Francisco, the Democrats are promoting Proposition Preparation H, to recall the Progressive DA, who responded by saying that many crimes have seen a double digit decrease since he entered office. I haven't seen stats from 2022-2021, but if the Democrats think this guy is ineffective, that's a cause for concern- looking at SF vs CS crime rates, SF is pretty bad.
FTFY

highfigh

highfigh

OK, so barring having the military on every street, corner, public building, school and government building, how do we stop this?

highfigh

highfigh

Comments like that make me ask "how large is the rock that she lives under?". No gun is used only by any group- used to be that mass shootings were typically the realm of pissed off middle aged White guys..........

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Comments like that make me ask "how large is the rock that she lives under?". No gun is used only by any group- used to be that mass shootings were typically the realm of pissed off middle aged White guys..........
I hear ya, but we're talking 'The View' ........bunch of blind old bats !!

highfigh

highfigh

if Congress could only comprehend .......

Too many 'Elephants' unable to see the message I'm afraid
Maybe someone will accommodate them and do a shoot-em-up in DC, so Congress can go on a field trip. Or, since that would be a worst-case situation, surveillance video of other mass shootings can be played, with their eyes taped open and their heads held in place, so they can't look away. Do it in a theater with a killer audio system, so they can feel the concussion of the flash-bangs and hear the gunfire as it would sound onsite.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
This is a characteristic of the AR-15 and its 5.56mm round that should be getting more attention.
Well known and fully understood. But understand the articles basis is that of a FMJ round. Those of us with knowledge in hand loading ammo can easily outperform the .223 (5.56 NATO) with a .30 calibre.

With that being said one must also look at what other compelling reasons there are for AR-15 purchases by the general public........

1) plenty of mfg options = inexpensive choices
2) up until recently plentiful and cheap ammo
3) relatively low recoil
4) newly developed competitive shooting disciplines
5) adrenaline rush of shooting a semi-automatic weapon

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Maybe someone will accommodate them and do a shoot-em-up in DC, so Congress can go on a field trip. Or, since that would be a worst-case situation, surveillance video of other mass shootings can be played, with their eyes taped open and their heads held in place, so they can't look away. Do it in a theater with a killer audio system, so they can feel the concussion of the flash-bangs and hear the gunfire as it would sound onsite.
Something like this.....

1654797080153.png

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Article by a trauma surgeon from a while back. In the case of this latest horror, round size and velocity probably played a lesser role to the amount of uncontested time the killer had to work in that room..

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
This is a characteristic of the AR-15 and its 5.56mm round that should be getting more attention.
All I can say is that I’ve seen enough in-person demos of such weapons against pumpkins and large water bottles to have a healthy respect for them. I’m just glad the most grizzly usage I’ve personally witnessed was a truck bed full of dead coyotes.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Well known and fully understood. But understand the articles basis is that of a FMJ round. Those of us with knowledge in hand loading ammo can easily outperform the .223 (5.56 NATO) with a .30 calibre.
Sure, but one can do with a .30 round is not relevant to the point being made in the article. The ballistic properties of the 5.56mm round, i.e. light weight, make it very unstable when it hits a body.
With that being said one must also look at what other compelling reasons there are for AR-15 purchases by the general public........

1) plenty of mfg options = inexpensive choices
2) up until recently plentiful and cheap ammo
3) relatively low recoil
4) newly developed competitive shooting disciplines
5) adrenaline rush of shooting a semi-automatic weapon
While those may be reasons for you to want to own one, none of them are slam-dunk justifications for the general public having them. That's just my take, for what it's worth...not much. ;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis