What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
At least you are ahead of me when I started. I got ps4 pro without a clue and I ended up being overwhelmed with it all.
Oh it still kicking my butt! Having a time of it, trying to remember which buttons to use. From the mid 80,s to the mid 90,s I'd play with my two Son's on, Nintendo PlayStation, PS1 and PS2. Had tons of fun playing with them lil munchies. Change careers and didn't have much time to play with the newer game controller's. They grew up with the new ones, they have PS5's now tons of game's also.. I'll send messages to them every week using my PS4 though. I remind them, grandchildren also to go hunt down them off world monsters!! :)

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Oh it still kicking my butt! Having a time of it, trying to remember which buttons to use. From the mid 80,s to the mid 90,s I'd play with my to Son's on, Nintendo PlayStation, PS1 and PS2. Had tons of fun playing with them lil munchies. Change careers and didn't have much time to play with the newer game controller's. They grew up with the new ones, they have PS5's now tons of game's also.. I'll send messages to them every week using my PS4 though. I remind them, grandchildren also to go hunt down them off world monsters!! :)
PS5 controller is one of the best I've used so far. With all the features it support though, even with a large battery pack, it dies relatively quick.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
How much does it help by turning down the light brightness and turning off the vibration?
The light is much different than the previous one, so that one doesn't matter much. The vibration would help a lot because a lot of games make use of it, but I like having it on now. The Adaptive triggers also provide a lot of feedback and these features are actually what make it fun to use. Normally I would turn those kind of features off, but the newer games make good use of them IMO. You can turn them down though, both in most games and in the controller software itself. It still lasts longer than PS4 controllers would have.

Pedro Alvarado

Pedro Alvarado

Full Audioholic
It still lasts longer than PS4 controllers would have.
oh ok i thought you implied it dies faster than the ps4 controller by "even with a large battery pack, it dies relatively quick".

mine (ps4) lasts for hours. how long have you had yours up and running?

Pedro Alvarado

Pedro Alvarado

Full Audioholic
From the mid 80,s to the mid 90,s I'd play with my two Son's on, Nintendo PlayStation, PS1 and PS2. Had tons of fun playing with them lil munchies.
well it seems you are light years ahead of me when i started. i tried the original xbox when i came out and did not like it at all. fast forward to the ps4 pro and now i'm hooked.

i must admit that my golf clubs have been collecting spider webs lately.

i always go back to the division 2 after i try a new game. it is my favorite right now. in fact netflix is going to make a movie out of it. the director will be the one who made red notice. i can't wait to see it.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
oh ok i thought you implied it dies faster than the ps4 controller by "even with a large battery pack, it dies relatively quick".

mine (ps4) lasts for hours. how long have you had yours up and running?
Have had the PS5 since a few months after it came out, so about a year or so. I have played maybe one game on the PS4 since. The graphics are so much better on new titles created for the PS5. Load times are insanely faster too for most games.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Got this coming in next week. Hisense 65 U6G for $549.00 plus taxes. With the new models out now prices have been dropping on the 2021 models. Thing has some good measurements. I have their 55" I got last year for $599.00 at BestBuy, been really good so far. Going to put the 55" in my bedroom. Was gonna pick up a Sony OLED in about 4 months, but gonna buy a home instead. So all future upgrades are on hold for at least a year or two.
Screenshot_20220514-080657~2.png
Screenshot_20220514-080237~2.png

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Got this coming in next week. Hisense 65 U6G for $549.00 plus taxes. With the new models out now prices have been dropping on the 2021 models. Thing has some good measurements. I have their 55" I got last year for $599.00 at BestBuy, been really good so far. Going to put the 55" in my bedroom. Was gonna pick up a Sony OLED in about 4 months, but gonna buy a home instead. So all future upgrades are on hold for at least a year or two.
View attachment 56018View attachment 56019
Congrats I'm sure you'll love it. Great deal Hisense makes some great screens. My first tablet was from them bout 8yrs ago and at the time they were unknown. That series 6, 7 and 8 garnered alot of good reviews. Maybe one day I'll give them a try.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Congrats I'm sure you'll love it. Great deal Hisense makes some great screens. My first tablet was from them bout 8yrs ago and at the time they were unknown. That series 6, 7 and 8 garnered alot of good reviews. Maybe one day I'll give them a try.
I checked all the other's, nothing seems to come close to this line, as far as a "Value" buy. There's of course some trade offs at this price, but it smokes Vizio's 65" M6, M7 models. TCL 65" doesn't even get you what you get at this price. You gotta jump up to TCL's 6 series models but you pay 300 or more.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
My son delivered a second record rack for me today. With nearly 400 LPs in the original one I could no longer browse for a title by flipping as you might in a typical record store. They were packed so tight that you had to lift them up to view the cover.

With the new one taking some of the load off, I think the right capacity is in the 300-320 range. I'm now seeking out a supply of heavy-duty tabbed index dividers. With up to 9 releases of one artist, I want to have individual ones for the heavy hitters of more than 3.

First rack.jpgNew Rack 2.jpg

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis