What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I didn’t say they weren’t good cars. Just not mid-life crisis cars. ;)
:cool:
Some people's beer is other people's champagne. ;)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Some people's beer is other people's champagne. ;)
Where I'm at in Wine Country, Subarus are the New-Dad car of choice. Of course, they are also still preferred by pragmatic minded Lesbians.
Oh, and the trunk of the Legacy is supposed to be very spacious and sought after by people driving... "other cargo" around.
:)

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I've always thought of the WRX as more of a tuner's car than a mid life crisis car.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I haven't bought any new leather in about 16 years. Though the material itself is still fine, time and UV exposure does take a toll on the threads which hold it all together. The other issue is the protective "armor" in the jackets and pants can lose its safety characteristics over time. Fast forward to a couple weeks ago, I spotted some cool leather on-line that complement my bike and have the latest D30 armor technology. Look that stuff up, it's pretty cool. Pliable and spongy...until something hits it with velocity. Then it's structure changes in an instant to hard shell. I needed something more current for an upcoming track day.

This wasn''t available from any US sources, I guess dealers here just won't stock it because most who need it buy Alpinestars, Dainese, Vanson or other brands with better margins. I ordered from a dealer in the UK, and there was one problem. While the jacket fit perfect, the pants in my size 32 (I have 2 other pairs of Triumph and First Gear brand leather pants in 32) were SO tight on the legs that I couldn't get them past mid-calf. It cost me a fortune to send back for the next size up, but still less than the bath I would take trying to sell them here. At least the dealer was nice enough to send the 34's with free shipping.

Tight, but they fit. If I can lose a few pounds/kilos they'll be a little easier to get on. They have a full circumference zipper to mate the jacket and pants, meeting the track day requirement. A little gaudy, but maybe the distracted cage drivers with notice me. I have plenty of other road-riding gear too, for various conditions of heat, rain, or cold.
New_leathers_04-2022.jpg

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
A full set of adjustable rear alignment arms (camber, toe, and traction) from Voodoo13 and adjustable upper control arms from SPL Parts.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I haven't bought any new leather in about 16 years. Though the material itself is still fine, time and UV exposure does take a toll on the threads which hold it all together. The other issue is the protective "armor" in the jackets and pants can lose its safety characteristics over time. Fast forward to a couple weeks ago, I spotted some cool leather on-line that complement my bike and have the latest D30 armor technology. Look that stuff up, it's pretty cool. Pliable and spongy...until something hits it with velocity. Then it's structure changes in an instant to hard shell. I needed something more current for an upcoming track day.

This wasn''t available from any US sources, I guess dealers here just won't stock it because most who need it buy Alpinestars, Dainese, Vanson or other brands with better margins. I ordered from a dealer in the UK, and there was one problem. While the jacket fit perfect, the pants in my size 32 (I have 2 other pairs of Triumph and First Gear brand leather pants in 32) were SO tight on the legs that I couldn't get them past mid-calf. It cost me a fortune to send back for the next size up, but still less than the bath I would take trying to sell them here. At least the dealer was nice enough to send the 34's with free shipping.

Tight, but they fit. If I can lose a few pounds/kilos they'll be a little easier to get on. They have a full circumference zipper to mate the jacket and pants, meeting the track day requirement. A little gaudy, but maybe the distracted cage drivers with notice me. I have plenty of other road-riding gear too, for various conditions of heat, rain, or cold.
View attachment 55625
Nice kit. Looking good!

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Nice kit. Looking good!
Thank you! The leathers need some serious break-in, but I have plenty of time because the track isn't until July 5th. Wore them on the bike for a couple hours on Friday, just a tight spot inside-rear of the knee. Should be able to solve that.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
CVR D-1504 Amplifier for my Subwoofer project. Clone Amp based on a true class-d Powersoft design.

Are you serious about getting that product? Is you listening room large enough to require that much power, even half of it?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Are you serious about getting that product? Is you listening room large enough to require that much power, even half of it?
I could have bought this:
Or one of these:
:p

I thought I was bordering on a more responsible choice. :)

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
I could have bought this:
Or one of these:
:p

I thought I was bordering on a more responsible choice. :)
IMO, a more responsible choice for subwoofer driving would be one of the QSC DCA series amps which you can't kill. I would go for the DCA 2422 rated at 700 watt/ch at 4 ohms. As an option, the DCA 3022 would deliver 900 watt/ch for 4 ohm loads, and 3000 watts at 4 ohms in bridged mono mode:
Should you be interested, just let me know and I will give you info on two US theater equipment distributors which have good prices. You can get 230V units.

Last edited:
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
IMO, a more responsible choice for subwoofer driving would be one of the QSC DCA series amps which you can't kill. I would go for the DCA 2422 rated at 700 watt/ch at 4 ohms. As an option, the DCA 3022 would deliver a clean 900 watt/ch for 4 ohm loads:
Should you be interested, just let me know and I will give you info on two US theater equipment distributors which have good prices. You can get 230V units.
;) I'm very familiar with these and had considered them for a while. I do like the idea of them; please don't misunderstand.
One of my main goals has been in going full Class-D with my amplification, however. This will be a step along that path. Moreover, I needed to keep my cost low for 4 channels of amplification in the near term while also having the ability to experiment with something that can fully power a Driver capable of absorbing 5000w peak power at 6 ohms.
:eek:
(Yes, this is an extreme outlier situation and I DO NOT anticipate ever pushing that!)
Regardless, this is a kickstart purchase to allow me to start moving forward with my first project. Hell, I may even reach out to Amir and see if he wants to measure it. We'll see.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
;) I'm very familiar with these and had considered them for a while. I do like the idea of them; please don't misunderstand.
One of my main goals has been in going full Class-D with my amplification, however. This will be a step along that path. Moreover, I needed to keep my cost low for 4 channels of amplification in the near term while also having the ability to experiment with something that can fully power a Driver capable of absorbing 5000w peak power at 6 ohms.
:eek:
(Yes, this is an extreme outlier situation and I DO NOT anticipate ever pushing that!)
Regardless, this is a kickstart purchase to allow me to start moving forward with my first project. Hell, I may even reach out to Amir and see if he wants to measure it. We'll see.
I agree with you to the fact that going with reliable Class D amplification now is the other valuable option.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Very useful for power outages. I bought two of the rechargeable models:

AYL Lantern.png
AYL Lantern 2.jpg

Last edited:
Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Had to order a Window AC unit. Central AC's been out since December. Living in a old apartment and as some of you guys may know, slumlords are nothing new. Put a 6k BTU in my bedroom last month. This 8k BTU will be going in the living room. Don't want to move again, not yet anyways. Should receive by mid week.
Screenshot_20220424-120807~2.png

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I've always thought of the WRX as more of a tuner's car than a mid life crisis car.
With there being no new ICE STI, people are focusing on the WRX. The tuner shops are jumping on it fast because they know it is the last one too, so it will likely only be around a few years. WRX is always a tuner car IMO too, relatively cheap fun. I will be selling one of my STIs to buy an EV.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis