Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

Padinn

Padinn

Junior Audioholic
I can see in app where it says downloading firmware...how do I get it to install? Trying through menu it says none available...

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I can see in app where it says downloading firmware...how do I get it to install? Trying through menu it says none available...
I did that also, it showed no update. I did the, "Reboot" from the online Web Setup. Input, your IP address, of your AVR, it'll be like this,... 198...../Setup, that will take you to your online Web setup. Go to other in that web setup and click on Reboot..now I didn't get the update right away, took a lil while, I than noticed a little white envelope symbol on the front display of my RX-A4A. Went into settings update popped up.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
At least Yamaha unlocked all the HDMI ports. Here bro! @AVR Enthu Just for you a screenshot:D I wasn't getting all that before, getting it now though.
IMG_20220426_123337795_HDR~3.jpg

Last edited:
Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Ty for help, update is installing now. Took about 25 min for it to show up.
@Padinn, your welcome Sir! That's about how long it took to show up on my RX-A4A. I'm still playing around with the new settings. So far I'm liking what I see. I've gotten lots of help from AH members, Gene's website is a wealth of information. Plus his forum has members hanging out in here with pay grades higher than what I have when it comes to audio/video.

Padinn

Padinn

Junior Audioholic
I can confirm I can get 120hz 4k on my Xbox Series X and PS5 (no VRR yet obviously). I had to choose "8k" mode for the outputs they are plugged into in the AVR video/HDMI settings - so dont skip that step if you need 120hz!

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I can confirm I can get 120hz 4k on my Xbox Series X and PS5 (no VRR yet obviously). I had to choose "8k" mode for the outputs they are plugged into in the AVR video/HDMI settings - so dont skip that step if you need 120hz!
Bet it's gonna be fun! We almost there with all of the features. We got plenty 2.1 port's unlocked now!

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
@OldAndSlowDev hey! You updated your RX-A8A yet? You being a serious gamer and all. No VRR yet, but Yamaha getting their act together finally. I did get eARC opened up plus all the 2.1 port's.

Majorusa

Majorusa

Junior Audioholic
The firmware solved the web interface bug where the speakers EQ settings were not showing. It also reduced the sound start lag when changing sources or formats.

Padinn

Padinn

Junior Audioholic
I've been debating picking up a dedicated 4K Bluray player so I can get Dolby Vision support. I'd like to connect it direct to the A8A. I see a few different recs, anyone have ones they like in the 500 range?

Padinn

Padinn

Junior Audioholic
The firmware solved the web interface bug where the speakers EQ settings were not showing. It also reduced the sound start lag when changing sources or formats.
Good catch, thats really slick looking! We are getting there folks!

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I've been debating picking up a dedicated 4K Bluray player so I can get Dolby Vision support. I'd like to connect it direct to the A8A. I see a few different recs, anyone have ones they like in the 500 range?
Check out, Sony 4K player's and Panasonic's 4K player's. I have Sony's X700m 4K player paid $179.00 plus taxes. Check Amazon or Crutchfield or Walmart. For the best surround 4k movies on disc are the best plus video of course.

Padinn

Padinn

Junior Audioholic
Check out, Sony 4K player's and Panasonicn 4K player's. I have Sony's X700m 4K player paid $179.00 plus taxes. Check Amazon or Crutchfield or Walmart. For the best surround 4k movies on disc are the best plus video of course.
Awesome, I will check em out. The PS5/XBX are not bad 4K players, but they do not have Dolby Vision support, and ultimately I think a dedicate device will be better.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Awesome, I will check em out. The PS5/XBX are not bad 4K players, but they do not have Dolby Vision support, and ultimately I think a dedicate device will be better.
Yeah, my Son's both have PS5 it does play 4K movie's but no Dolby Vision. That Sony player I have does do Dolby Vision. My 4K tv also does Dolby Vision. Playing 4K movies are awesome colors pop! Blacks are very nice!

I should mention, I have my settings set to Auto the one's that count. So when I start a 4K movie, 4K tv automatically sets the Picture settings to Dolby Vision Custom, Sony 4K player HDMI set to Auto as are the Audio and HDMI video modes of my RX-A4A. As a 4K movie starts I'll see on tv and AVR automatically making all the adjustments necessary for best picture with Dolby Vision and surround sound of my AVR, it's smooth brother!

Last edited:
OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
@OldAndSlowDev hey! You updated your RX-A8A yet? You being a serious gamer and all. No VRR yet, but Yamaha getting their act together finally. I did get eARC opened up plus all the 2.1 port's.
OMG finally! I never leave and the TWO days I am away the firmware is released!!!
Can’t wait to try!

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
OMG finally! I never leave and the TWO days I am away the firmware is released!!!
Can’t wait to try!
Good to hear from you brother!! You may have to do a "Reboot" with the online Setup. Just wait a bit cause it may not show up in your AVR OSD. Took about 20 minutes after I did the Reboot. I was watching a movie and just happened to notice that lil white envelope icon on the front display of my AVR. Went into on screen settings, the display for update was already up. Let us know, plus your thoughts bro!

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
Bet it's gonna be fun! We almost there with all of the features. We got plenty 2.1 port's unlocked now!
And now we are coming to this paradox mentioned last year. Which seven devices with 4K/120 output is anyone going to connect to those receivers in next 5 years?

Ain't gonna happen any time soon...

Last edited:
Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
And now we are coming to this paradox mentioned last last. Which seven devices with 4K/120 output is anyone going to connect to those receivers in next 5 years?
Lol, hey bro thanks for all of the great info you been posting up over the last 6 months. Picked up some good tips. I definitely learned a whole lot more about HDMI coding for sure. Now which port do I use first! Umm oh yeah, I have no 2.1 source yet. Guess I'll be getting that 8K tv and a PS5 just to try out all of them 2.1 HDMI port. Lol. No but really, untill I upgrade my present 4K tv which is only 7 months old, which it doesn't have any 2.1 HDMI inputs, so I'm still good like before Yamaha had all them ports locked. Stay well bro. ;):)

J

jakkedtide

Audioholic
Omg I need to leave work to download the new firmware lol

Finally! Will a simple reboot buly unplugging the power do the same?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis