Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
Fun fact, my Samsung QN90A hdmi 4 (the 4K 120hz capable hdmi input) isn’t officially eArc, but I have audio return (so I assume eArc) when in tv menu while eArc is disabled, and hdmi 3 isn’t plugged.

I
Don’t
Understand
Anything

:====

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
Outside of gamer's, what else would 2.1 be useful for? 8K tv? and or 8K Blu-ray player which I don't see that happening in the next 5 or so years. No 8K movie disc at all.
1. 4K/120 is useful for PC users who want to scroll smoothly through any text they read on a big screen
2. 4K/120 HDMI dongles for live sport broadcast (probably in 2024, first Formula One and football, I suppose)
3. 8K/60 brodcast of single events, such as Olympic Games, but this is rare...

Even 4K discs are slowly dying, so no 8K discs any time soonm if at all.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Fun fact, my Samsung QN90A hdmi 4 (the 4K 120hz capable hdmi input) isn’t officially eArc, but I have audio return (so I assume eArc) when in tv menu while eArc is disabled, and hdmi 3 isn’t plugged.

I
Don’t
Understand
Anything

:====
Don't be hard on yourself. The engineers with Master degrees sill haven't figured out HDMI yet. 1st, they put them blame on bad chips, than a chip factory blew up caught on fire. Than AVR manufacturers started pointing fingers. Than the nerve of HDMI.org, goes and changes up everything about 2.1. lol, thing is bro, them f..kheads supposedly got the best of the best designing all this, than the marketing guys goes and put 2.1 HDMI on everything to 4K TV's, PS5, XBOX, etc, so now it's all over us end users, sitting in our living room, dedicated HT rooms with all this, new HDMI BS!!! We be like, WTF!!! I bet them Japanese, Chinese engineers are all sitting at their local bar hanging out together, going, Kamikaze bonsai motherf..kers, we stole Christmas!!

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
The engineers with Master degrees sill haven't figured out HDMI yet. 1st, they put them blame on bad chips, than a chip factory blew up caught on fire. Than AVR manufacturers started pointing fingers. Than the nerve of HDMI.org, goes and changes up everything about 2.1. lol
- engineers advised product managers that HDMI chips were not ready. Product managers ignored it...
- chip factory in Japan did not produce HDMI chips, but other parts fro AVR boards, such as DAC chips
- AVR manufacturers have only themselves to blame; they did not test devices with consoles and graphics cards
- HDMI.org 2.0=2.1 - the biggest bonkers in consumer electronics in the last decade! Utter BS! Someone should sue them for lack of standard which is transparent and easy to understand by the public

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
- engineers advised product managers that HDMI chips were not ready. Product managers ignored it...
- chip factory in Japan did not produce HDMI chips, but other parts fro AVR boards, such as DAC chips
- AVR manufacturers have only themselves to blame; they did not test devices with consoles and graphics cards
- HDMI.org 2.0=2.1 - the biggest bonkers in consumer electronics in the last decade! Utter BS! Someone should sue them for lack of standard which is transparent and easy to understand by the public
My point of that post was, end users have been getting f...ked by the, Audio/Video electronics industry for decades with half baked products. Everyone knows that electronics is really a bad investment to begin with. F..k that sh$t bro! The manufacturers go, but it's very expensive to make OLED panels, BS! Sure it is, they still, All of,em make hundreds of millions of dollars every year profit. Let's start a revoke!! Get picket signs boycott!! Lol

lc6

Junior Audioholic
Padinn

Padinn

Junior Audioholic
I have noticed some intermittenty dropped signal on my Xbox Series X since connecting it directly to the AVR. I am going to test it with a new 2.1 Zeskit cable.

lc6

Junior Audioholic
OLED has been perfected and is making so much profit that Samsung is going to stop LCD production, which is a seismic shift in the industry.
A link to concrete data, instead of gossip or suppositions, please? BTW, if that really happens, that would be great because TV set businesses were loss not profit centers for Samsung, LG and other manufacturers for a long time, mostly due to intense competition.

Last edited:
Padinn

Padinn

Junior Audioholic
I have noticed some intermittenty dropped signal on my Xbox Series X since connecting it directly to the AVR. I am going to test it with a new 2.1 Zeskit cable.
May have been a cable issue, I noticed the one I had was pretty tight (and I think a little loose) from the Xbox. Testing new cable so we will see.

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
May have been a cable issue, I noticed the one I had was pretty tight (and I think a little loose) from the Xbox. Testing new cable so we will see.
The hdmi 2.1 cable nightmare.. I bought half a billion of those trying to solve an issue

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
The hdmi 2.1 cable nightmare.. I bought half a billion of those trying to solve an issue
Back in the day, I was a big time gamer. 80's 90's. Now for some reason I just can't get the hang of PS4 or 5, XBox. To many buttons to remember. I like watching my two Sons and my grandchildren play though.

Padinn

Padinn

Junior Audioholic
Back in the day, I was a big time gamer. 80's 90's. Now for some reason I just can't get the hang of PS4 or 5, XBox. To many buttons to remember. I like watching my two Sons and my grandchildren play though.
You'd love the switch. It even has a wireless classic NES, SNES, N64, and Genesis controller for their classic games...

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
Out of curiosity, do Zone outs support HDMI 2.1 4K/120? Has anyone tried it?

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
I wouldn’t start the trolling until we know for sure. Early reports from avs are saying the zone output is not 2.1 with customer support saying it won’t come via firmware update:

Sadly, it seems that Yamaha has duped owners regarding Zone out bandwidth with HDMI 2.0 bandwidth, without stating this clearly in advertising. I have not read one single report at the moment that any Zone can pass more than 18 Gbps. If all 10 ports were 40 Gbps, Zones should be able to output 4K/120 10-bit RGB image.

Edit: (from AVS)
"Support called me back this morning and gave me very bad news.

They told me they checked with Yamaha overseas and that the Zone 2 output is not 4k 120Hz compatible and that there is no "future update" for it to be ever and they presumed it is a limitation of the board.

This contradicts their website and product literature circa April 2022 that advertises that for the RX-A4A all 7 inputs and all 3 outputs are "4K120 and 8K60""

It's astonishing how they manipulated the wording in advertisement! I do not trust companies one single inch!
This comes on the top of all fiasco from last 2020 and 2021.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis