Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
When playing a two channel PCM track, no sound will be produced by any subwoofers in the "Pure Direct" or "Direct" modes.
That is 100% NOT CORRECT.

As I’ve already said in my previous posts, when I play Karaoke from YouTube (2CH PCM, NOT 2.1) in PURE DIRECT mode on the Denon’s, my subwoofers are playing 100%.

Again, it is NOT STEREO or any other mode because there is NO AUDIO DELAY for my Karaoke.

But I think the secret might be the Subwoofer Setting LFE + Main, which I think is a “Double Bass” feature.

Regardless of how it is done, It is absolutely PURE DIRECT mode because there is NO AUDIO DELAY. And the Subwoofers are 100% playing for 2CH PCM source.

In conclusion, my Denon AVR’s were capable of bass management (subwoofer use) in PURE DIRECT and DIRECT modes.

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Hey man, don't look at me bro. I got what you posted up the first time. Which I knew already about Yamaha's 2.0, 2.1 or 2.2 for stereo. But you know what, Lolo, man between You and Ryan you guy's gotta be the top two on AH, that are informative and funny as sh$t at the same time!

Just asking, umm there's this one dude on AH, he got like umm 10 subs in his HT setup. He just a mad scientist with his setup, may have more. But umm same would apply with those settings right?
@AcuDefTechGuy :p;)
Hopefully I have put this to bed with my previous post. :D

You know when I sing Karaoke (and sent you those videos of me singing :D), I MUST use DIRECT or PURE DIRECT mode. If the AVR changes to Stereo mode or any other modes, there would be serious audio delays for the microphone, which would mess up my beautiful singing. :D

Now the next question is, can I get subwoofer management in my Yamaha in Pure Direct mode if I use EXTRA BASS? The answer is NO. I guess in PD mode, there is no Extra Bass allowed.

Last edited:
P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Yes. The subs will play with any .1 content. But if there’s a setting for 2ch playback I can’t find it. I’m fairly certain you told me it was only available on 7xxx and 8xxxx series Marantz. Same with higher denons. No?
I don't think I have said that (if I did, I was wrong...) I might have said the older model Denon cannot have sub on in pure direct but that would have to be from ages ago, models as old as the 3805, not sure about the 3808, and being so long ago I could have remember it wrong.

Edit: Below only applies to the Denon 4000 and Marantz 7000 or higher models. I should have known that William must be right, he owns the SR6012, I don't and I should not have assumed.

For non .1, that is, 2.0 contents, you don't have the LFE contents, so in order to have the sub on you have to go the SETUP/Speaker/Manual Setup/2ch Playback and set Subwoofer to "Yes" and SW Mode to LFE+MAIN.

After that the sub should be active in direct and pure direct mode.

Last edited:
Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Hopefully I have put this to bed with my previous post. :D

You know when I sing Karaoke (and sent you those videos of me singing :D), I MUST use DIRECT or PURE DIRECT mode. If the AVR changes to Stereo mode or any other modes, there would be serious audio delays for the microphone, which would mess up my beautiful singing. :D

Now the next question is, can I get subwoofer management in my Yamaha in Pure Direct mode if I use DOUBLE BASS? The answer is NO.
You are correct Sir, you will Not get Sub with Pure Direct set on with a Yamaha Adventage. You will get Sub use in Stereo, 2.1, and you can use, Extra Bass, Enhancer, Tone Controls, YPAO Volume, and other setting. But No, Sub will Not output with Pure Direct mode on.

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I don't think I have said that (if I did, I was wrong...) I might have said the older model Denon cannot have sub on in pure direct but that would have to be from ages ago, models as old as the 3805, not sure about the 3808, and being so long ago I could have remember it wrong.

For non .1, that is, 2.0 contents, you don't have the LFE contents, so in order to have the sub on you have to go the SETUP/Speaker/Manual Setup/2ch Playback and set Subwoofer to "Yes" and SW Mode to LFE+MAIN.

Yep. Back in the days when I was 100% DM :D, I always used LFE+MAIN and Audyssey Dynamic EQ. :D

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Yep. Back in the days when I was 100% DM :D, I always used LFE+MAIN and Audyssey Dynamic EQ. :D
Back in the days, with my Onkyo's I used LFE+Main, plus two 12" Subs. Yeah, I was very greedy with the Bass I know.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

That’s the thing. I don’t have a separate “2ch” setup menu. I can set LFE+mains, but it seems to be global. I can’t be THAT dumm???

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
It was killing you, wasn’t it @AcuDefTechGuy? ;) My apologies. Hey, if you can admit to performing karaoke off of f#%kin’ Youtube while applying LFE+MAIN in Direct mode, I can admit that I was wrong.:p It helps to read the whole manual. Way to stick to your guns! I’d like to thank the rest of you f#%kers for being abolutely worthless.:mad: Now, if you will excuse me, I have a diaper to munch on.:confused: No, it’s ok, really, it wouldn’t be the first time somebody was wrong and had to eat some s#%t for it. It happens all the time around this f#%kin’ joint.:D
4815487A-281C-4DCE-B75A-15B9AFAB953D.jpeg

A9D74D46-A6BF-4722-82B3-C58B2392CA6F.jpeg

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Hmmm. Actually, that wasn’t so bad.:oops: What can’t a dollop of Cool Whip make better?:D

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
That’s the thing. I don’t have a separate “2ch” setup menu. I can set LFE+mains, but it seems to be global. I can’t be THAT dumm???
My mistake and my apology... You are correct, that only the Denon 4000 and Marantz 7000 and higher models have the 2 Ch playback menu:

1650752352886.png

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
William is right about the Marantz 6000 and Denon 3000 series cannot have the subwoofer on in Direct and Pure Direct mode for 2 channel stereo contents play back.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Uh oh, I laughed so hard I pushed the s#%t puddin’ and Cool Whip down the shoot.:oops: F#%k it, why shouldn’t I eat s#%t AND s#%t myself in the same day? I’m nothing if not consistent, um, continent.:D

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Well, that was something.:confused: Eh, the bathroom needed cleaning anyway.

“Wouldn’t s#%tting himself make him incontinent?”

Hey, it was a one-off!:mad: I’m not wearing that f#%kin’ label just because I had an unfortunate accident. I’m usually pretty regular and it beats being constipated any day! What, you guys never shot off a Photon torpedo while in space dock?:rolleyes:

“Seriously, why does he keep s#%tting all over this thread.”

Well, the way I figure it, if Yamaha is gonna’ s#%t all over their customers for two solid years, I can at least s#%t all over one of their threads. Though, I am swearing off Cool Whip for good. That mess was anything but solid.:oops:

And, no, not a drop today… well, not yet.;)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
William is right about the Marantz 6000 and Denon 3000 series cannot have the subwoofer on in Direct and Pure Direct mode for 2 channel stereo contents play back.
The Denon X3100 and the AVR-3000-series before the X3100 (I think AVR-3312) were the Denon I used for Karaoke which required Pure Direct mode + Subwoofer output. So if Denon stopped that, it must be AFTER the 3000-series I owned.

So anyway, whichever Denon models 3000-series I used did allow Subwoofer use with Pure Direct mode.

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
It was killing you, wasn’t it @AcuDefTechGuy? ;) My apologies. Hey, if you can admit to performing karaoke off of f#%kin’ Youtube while applying LFE+MAIN in Direct mode, I can admit that I was wrong.:p It helps to read the whole manual. Way to stick to your guns! I’d like to thank the rest of you f#%kers for being abolutely worthless.:mad: Now, if you will excuse me, I have a diaper to munch on.:confused: No, it’s ok, really, it wouldn’t be the first time somebody was wrong and had to eat some s#%t for it. It happens all the time around this f#%kin’ joint.:D
View attachment 55595
View attachment 55596
Karaoke does have its use - if for no other reason than to prove that DM do allow Subwoofer use in TRUE Pure Direct mode, not FAKE Pure Direct mode.

See, without Karaoke, some people would have said, "But IS it truly pure durect? Is it though?". :D

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis