Replacing current speakers because of ear fatigue

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
How can you resist and still call yourself an Audioholic?

Q

qba

Audioholic
This one was quick and easy because now I know what to listen for, I didn't even bother taking the Elacs down but I made sure I move my body up and down when changing speakers.

Well just like the Modern Audios the sound is a high pitch for the sake of clarity, but to my surprise, they sounded more full than the Modern Audio Silver 50, so less pitchy with a bit more bass, but when you crank the volume up a little bit you can hear Nina Simone losing that soulfulness and emotionality of her voice, when switching to the Elac at an even higher volume (Correcting for speakers sensibility) that voice was smooth as butter to my ears, the pitch never change and continue to be warm and full of pain :)

I'm so lucky I bought these Elacs! I would have settled for any one of these other speakers just thinking that ear discomforts were normal when listening for a long period of time or at higher volumes, and now that I was using 'High End' gear I would have understood that voices are actually higher pitched that what I originally thought lol

Btw I noticed that the Dali have a Left and Right symbol just like the headphones do, I don't see any of those marks in the Elacs, the Monitor Audio and I don't think the Sony had it either.

PXL_20211231_184853127.jpg

PXL_20211231_185307615.jpg
PXL_20211231_185257890.jpg

Q

qba

Audioholic
My dogs are all over anything new that comes through the door too, lol.
Well, they are smelling the whole journey of that box, their sense of smell as we all know by now makes us almost blind when it comes to the world of odors, that data available to them about things that clearly happened are just none existence to us.

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
Btw I noticed that the Dali have a Left and Right symbol just like the headphones do, I don't see any of those marks in the Elacs, the Monitor Audio and I don't think the Sony had it either.
I'd assume they are doing that to differentiate which speaker is which in case of a warranty problem; as the sell them in pairs with the same serial number on each.

I hope you enjoy your Elacs for years and years. By the way Happy New Year!

Q

qba

Audioholic
I'd assume they are doing that to differentiate which speaker is which in case of a warranty problem; as the sell them in pairs with the same serial number on each.

I hope you enjoy your Elacs for years and years. By the way Happy New Year!
Thank you Jim for all your help and happy new year to you and everybody in this forum, you guys turned my money into the best possible equipment for my office! :)

Q

qba

Audioholic
Happy new years guys!

When I added the speakers on the wall I had to remove my beloved History Timeline poster because of lack of space, now that I have a lot of space because the bookshelf is gone, I put it back but with hesitation because the frame has glass, so far I haven't noticed any difference on the sound, should I go to the trouble of removing the glass from the frame and maybe applying a matt lamination to avoid the paper from being damaged?

Btw I feel so much pleasure today that I went back to work, to be able to listen to the music with such good quality at even very low volumes, with zero ear fatigue, it made the whole journey so much worth it :)

PXL_20220103_150229254.jpeg

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Well, if you haven't noticed a difference and still finding things enjoyable don't fix what ain't broke?

Q

qba

Audioholic
Well, if you haven't noticed a difference and still finding things enjoyable don't fix what ain't broke?
Thanks lovinthehd, perfect I'll leave it as is, whether there is sound bouncing back or not, I'm no noticing because it still sound amazing, I think I have been listening to at least 4 or 5 hours of music today :) To share this joy with my wife that loves music as well, I'm placing the order today for another SBS-1000 and another pair of the same Elacs for our bedroom, mounted in the wall beside the wall mounted tv. :)

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
Thanks lovinthehd, perfect I'll leave it as is, whether there is sound bouncing back or not, I'm no noticing because it still sound amazing, I think I have been listening to at least 4 or 5 hours of music today :) To share this joy with my wife that loves music as well, I'm placing the order today for another SBS-1000 and another pair of the same Elacs for our bedroom, mounted in the wall beside the wall mounted tv. :)
Ohhhh... You've got it Bad... Grade A level Audioholic... o_O

Q

qba

Audioholic
Ohhhh... You've got it Bad... Grade A level Audioholic... o_O
lol love is sharing, I would probably never sit in the bed to listen to music, but I know she will. So is just for her.

Btw the guy with the SVS Ultra still has it, but at this point, I'm not going to listen to them because I think they won't be warm as the Elac, even though I will be getting it for the same price which is crazy lol

Q

qba

Audioholic
Just an update, since the Elacs eligibility to be returned to Amazon, is expiring soon, I decided to do two more testing to make sure I was going to keep the right speakers, so I brought in a $2000 pair of speakers, YouTubers audiophiles are claiming, that is one of the best desktop nearfield speakers ever, Harbeth P3ESR (Original Ones) and a pair of Klipsch 600m, the same price of the Elacs, Well I don't want to bore you with the details but the Elacs still kings.:)

PXL_20220127_040309926.jpeg

PXL_20220126_172032533.jpeg

PXL_20220126_222927901.jpeg

Last edited:
-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
Glad to see you are still checking others out, and are happy with the Elacs. ;)

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
Enjoy your Elac's and don't second guess! I'm a DD movie buff and enjoy HT surround. This thread made for nice reading.

Q

qba

Audioholic
@lovinthehd

Why not just get the Elac Uni-Fi 2.0 UB 52 (that's a hell of a model number) and be done with it if you like those speakers?
This was the very first reply to this long 2 months journey and eleven pages of conversation, now with the benefit of hindsight we know those were profound words, that could have saved me a lot of time and headaches, but the seed of doubt would have still hunted me, so the fact that it took all this effort to truly relax and enjoy what I have, it made it worth it at least for me, but it doesn't change the fact that you were right since the very beginning :)

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
@lovinthehd

This was the very first reply to this long 2 months journey and eleven pages of conversation, now with the benefit of hindsight we know those were profound words, that could have saved me a lot of time and headaches, but the seed of doubt would have still hunted me, so the fact that it took all this effort to truly relax and enjoy what I have, it made it worth it at least for me, but it doesn't change the fact that you were right since the very beginning :)
Audiophilia nervosa is a serious affliction :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis