TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
My father, 74 just collapsed this morning and they admitted him. Tested positive even though he got his booster on on the 27th.

He's only on a heart monitor, sounded well on the phone, so it's observation overnight and potentially released tomorrow.

This thing's a fucker.
I hope your father has a benign course. His Covid positive test and his heart problem could well be related.

They probably should look for evidence of pericarditis and myocarditis. If either is the case, it should be self limiting, but careful observation would be required.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
My father, 74 just collapsed this morning and they admitted him. Tested positive even though he got his booster on on the 27th.

He's only on a heart monitor, sounded well on the phone, so it's observation overnight and potentially released tomorrow.

This thing's a fucker.
Very sorry to hear about your father I hope he recovers and recovers soon

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai

This thing's a fucker.
Sorry to hear that Jinjuku. I hope it's relatively mild for him and he comes home soon.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai

This thing's a fucker.
Sorry to hear that.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan

This thing's a fucker.
I hope he recovers well.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja

This thing's a fucker.
Yep nobody is immune to covid, but the outcome if vaccinated can be more successful than those who have not be vaccinated, but a persons health condition prior to infection and their weaken immune system to other illness can have a huge impact on survivability.

Hope your dad recovers with good health.

jinjuku

jinjuku

They probably should look for evidence of pericarditis and myocarditis. If either is the case, it should be self limiting, but careful observation would be required.
He probably has an undiagnosed heart condition. So I think this is the main thing they are keeping under another day of observation for. Covid is now secondary.

His BP was 127/65 laying there on the floor. As soon as they stood him up it dropped rather quickly.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Getting my Moderna booster today. First one was J&J, they are saying it is best to get one of the others for the booster.

A close friend of mine got her booster and was still within that first week of getting it. She was exposed and got pretty sick about a week and a half ago, she has since recovered.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord

This thing's a fucker.
That fist sentence scared the crap out of me. Good to hear so far he's OK.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord

This thing's a fucker.
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope he recovers without any lasting difficulty.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Getting my Moderna booster today. First one was J&J, they are saying it is best to get one of the others for the booster.

A close friend of mine got her booster and was still within that first week of getting it. She was exposed and got pretty sick about a week and a half ago, she has since recovered.
Got my pfizer booster yesterday. My arm hurts.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

He probably has an undiagnosed heart condition. So I think this is the main thing they are keeping under another day of observation for. Covid is now secondary.

His BP was 127/65 laying there on the floor. As soon as they stood him up it dropped rather quickly.
If you don't mind, I can make the diagnosis for you.

Covid-19 is well known for causing autonomic dysfunction. He has classic POTS syndrome from what you describe. That stands for Postural Tachycardia Syndrome.
In older patients, they often can not increase heart rate, especially if they are on beta blockers, but the BP still drops precipitously

The definitive study he needs is a tilt table study done by a cardiologist specializing in electrophysiology.

jinjuku

jinjuku

In older patients, they often can not increase heart rate, especially if they are on beta blockers, but the BP still drops precipitously
Makes sense. I know they've had him in for stress test before and his heart rate doesn't increase if I remember what he told be about a 3-4 years ago.

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
Even though we have all the shots, my wife and I still wear masks, when shopping. Going out to eat is not that often. We elect not to travel too. Our health is more important.

Those that have had COVID and still living/recovered, I wonder if they have breathing issues or other conditions??? Then what will be the long term effects on their health? I guess they don't worry about it until the time comes and wish they had the shots? Too late.. They had a choice....shot or no shots. Wife and I are 78 and plan to be around to enjoy our 2 great grandchildren.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Makes sense. I know they've had him in for stress test before and his heart rate doesn't increase if I remember what he told be about a 3-4 years ago.
In that case the sooner he is seen and evaluated by an experienced electrophysiologist the better.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
There are 4 states in the country that are paying unemployment benefits to people that lost their jobs due to vaccine refusal. My home state Florida is one of them. And our governor has invited all first responders who lost their jobs in other states due to vaccine refusal to come here. Un Fn Believable.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja

This thing's a fucker.
You got that right. And it seems to be getting worse again. Anyway, best wishes to your father.

jinjuku

jinjuku

My mom also has Covid. So both of them are considered break through infections(?).

What are the #'s supposed to be on breakthrough. I'm seeing friends and family all vaccinated getting infected. I know it's an attenuation device but they seemingly are having the same severity as all the unvacc'd people that I know that contracted Covid.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
My mom also has Covid. So both of them are considered break through infections(?).

What are the #'s supposed to be on breakthrough. I'm seeing friends and family all vaccinated getting infected. I know it's an attenuation device but they seemingly are having the same severity as all the unvacc'd people that I know that contracted Covid.
Omicron seems to be resistant to the vaccines, so more break through occurrences. I don't think there are numbers on it yet, but Delta seems to have worse symptoms than Omicron. They said yesterday that people with a booster should be pretty safe from Omicron, but as with all of the vaccines and not unlike the flu, being vaccinated does not mean you can't get it though you should just have an easier time dealing with it.

My friend who recently had it was vaccinated mid year and her symptoms were flu like according to her.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis