Movies that are so bad they're good.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
WTF was that?!?!:oops: Seems the car was deliberately parked underneath the planes path just for the shot.:D
Also the car is parked facing a fence I believe when just moments before it was racing down the road to a hospital LOL.:p
You made it through the whole video!

It's so bad and unintentionally cheesy but there's just something about it that you can't stop watching, huh? Best friend is bleeding out in the back seat of the car from a ninja sword wound as they rush him to the hospital. What's the logical thing to do? Stop the car, shake him and yell at him not to go while parked perfectly in place to catch a shot of the plane his father (who he's never met) is on flies overhead while making its landing... lol'

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Friend @Pogre clearly takes Le Bad Cinema quite seriously. ;)

Considering he started this thread, I'm very curious what @RedCharles had in mind? :)
Red Charles named a perfect movie, Miami Connection. I quoted it in post #59 and have posted several clips from it for examples. I told you guys I'm a bit of a conoisseur of these movies. I went with what he mentioned in the op.

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Okay, okay... you know, Battlefield Earth does have some amount of big budget movie polish to it, but I'd have to say it still qualifies. I mean...

How can you not laugh at that performance? It is unintentional tho, and I think that's the key part. Travolta wasn't going for comedy there at all but it's hard not to laugh. There is a lot of unintentional comedy in that movie and the plot is completely ridiculous.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Okay, okay... you know, Battlefield Earth does have some amount of big budget movie polish to it, but I'd have to say it still qualifies. I mean...

How can you not laugh at that performance? It is unintentional tho, and I think that's the key part. Travolta wasn't going for comedy there at all but it's hard not to laugh. There is a lot of unintentional comedy in that movie and the plot is completely ridiculous.
That, and it’s a Scientology promo flic.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord

That was not a good movie. Ego stroking for Travolta or someone. Hot garbage. :)

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Good grief, were you in the church or something?
No I just love to read I have a voracious appetite when it comes to books and I'll read anything if I like it. I was young when I read his books but I liked the story and remember just getting lost in it. Which I'll do with any book if I like it our imagination is the best movie screen you could ever find I believe

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I tried two of his, didn't get far myself. Lots of other sci-fi, tho.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Bro Sci Fi and horror when I was a kid I looooved those 2 genres
Not much into the horror thing, movies or the literature....scifi/fantasy were much more my preference. Heinlein, Zelazny, Asimov, VanVogt, Dickson, LeGuin, Tolkien, Niven, Pournelle, and the great Philip K. D*ck (to get around our censoring software here). Glad we got beyond Plan 9 stuff in the movies in any case, altho sometimes the SBIG thing can be a lot of fun no matter what. Love some of the movies being mentioned, I have always been a sucker for an SBIG movie....or variations on the theme too.

R

RedCharles

Full Audioholic
Friend @Pogre clearly takes Le Bad Cinema quite seriously. ;)

Considering he started this thread, I'm very curious what @RedCharles had in mind? :)
Just wanted to talk about bad movies that are great. See if anyone had good recommendations of movies I didn't know. I'm planning on going through the posts and making a complete list on the first post.

H

Huey645

Audioholic
I forgot I had started this movie a couple of weeks ago, and figured I'd finish it yesterday because I think it fits right in the SBIG genre. Knights of Badassdom, which has a pretty decent cast from Steve Zahn, the guy from True Blood, and every sci-fi geeks wannabe girlfriend, Summer Glau, as well as a bunch of other people that I'm surprised are in this film.

Edit: Forgot Peter Dinklage was in the film as well, and was surprised he was it was released a couple of years after GOT had started. Reading the wiki article on the movie, movie was shot in 2010, which would have been just prior to GOT. He was born to play his part in GOT, this movie, not so much.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I forgot I had started this movie a couple of weeks ago, and figured I'd finish it yesterday because I think it fits right in the SBIG genre. Knights of Badassdom, which has a pretty decent cast from Steve Zahn, the guy from True Blood, and every sci-fi geeks wannabe girlfriend, Summer Glau, as well as a bunch of other people that I'm surprised are in this film.

Edit: Forgot Peter Dinklage was in the film as well, and was surprised he was it was released a couple of years after GOT had started. Reading the wiki article on the movie, movie was shot in 2010, which would have been just prior to GOT. He was born to play his part in GOT, this movie, not so much.
I'm curious. A movie with that title isn't to be taken seriously anyway.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai

I JUST added this movie to my Amazon watchlist this morning. It looks ridiculous. I hope it's funny.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis