Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I would say your post above is pointing to the academic scientist, clinician divide.
Fair enough, I agree.

A previous background in cancer immune-therapy also influences, or clouds, my judgement. In cancer, when immune-therapy actually works, it is usually the killer and/or helper T-cells that are critical, and not circulating antibodies. The most important and useful part of that paper I mentioned is that there is now a valid surrogate / correlative marker.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Yesterday, I got this notice from my rheumatologist's office:
Arthritis & Rheumatism Associates (ARA) is aware that the CDC and FDA has recommended COVID-19 booster shots for immunocompromised patients. Based on recommendations from the CDC and FDA, patients who have an autoimmune condition and are on prednisone or immune modulating medication are eligible for a third dose of either the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine. At present, it is recommended that the third dose be the same type as what was originally given. If you received the J&J vaccine, it is not yet recommended for you to get a second dose of the vaccine. Recommendations should be coming soon.

Patients who are on medication for an autoimmune condition and have received the Moderna vaccine with the second dose being more than 28 days ago are eligible to get a third dose at select ARA locations. If you would like to make an appointment, please request one through your patient portal. If you received the Pfizer vaccine, you should contact your pharmacy to obtain an appointment for a third dose, or check the ARA website for other local vaccine clinics.
I am one of those immunocomprimised patients, and I'm busy trying to get an appointment for a 3rd dose of the Moderna vaccine, as soon as possible.

I know of two people, organ transplant recipients, who have already received 3rd doses.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I am one of those immunocomprimised patients, and I'm busy trying to get an appointment for a 3rd dose of the Moderna vaccine, as soon as possible.

I know of two people, organ transplant recipients, who have already received 3rd doses.
So, would you say that someone that got vaccinated in may and is under 40 get a 3rd dose of the vaccine? Pfizer any different?

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
I can now stop complaining.
You could, but I think I found something in the NPR article that might get you fired up:

>>>There are also plans to collect data in what are called challenge studies, where vaccinated people are deliberately infected with the coronavirus to see how well the vaccine protects them from infection or illness. Ultimately, multiple studies will be needed to convince federal regulators that antibody levels alone can be sufficient evidence to support authorization and approval of a future COVID-19 vaccine.<<<

Yeah, it's annoying of me to point that out just when Swerd is getting settled down a bit.;)

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai

I certainly hope you're successful. Based solely on the media reports concerning unused vaccines one would think vaccines should be available.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
So, would you say that someone that got vaccinated in may and is under 40 get a 3rd dose of the vaccine? Pfizer any different?
I'd say 'stay tuned'. This topic of a 3rd dose is presently being debated. I don't know what the ultimate decision will be or when it will come. However, I'd bet that 3rd doses are coming, and not just for the old or immune compromised. I'd like to get mine ASAP, but I'd also like to see children under 12 years get their shots too.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
You could, but I think I found something in the NPR article that might get you fired up:

>>>There are also plans to collect data in what are called challenge studies, where vaccinated people are deliberately infected with the coronavirus to see how well the vaccine protects them from infection or illness. Ultimately, multiple studies will be needed to convince federal regulators that antibody levels alone can be sufficient evidence to support authorization and approval of a future COVID-19 vaccine.<<<

Yeah, it's annoying of me to point that out just when Swerd is getting settled down a bit.;)
Do they plan to have a control group for those challenge studies? I'd suggest the Faux News crowd for that. However, they might be so full of bile that no virus infection could last long.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
I'm not sure what happens when a state runs out of ICU beds. Perhaps they just bring in the meat trucks?

>>>Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson (R) on Tuesday revealed that his state has run out of intensive care unit (ICU) beds to treat COVID-19 patients amid a surge of new cases.

Hutchinson said during a press conference that the delta variant has contributed to the rise, noting that many of those hospitalized represent younger age groups and reflect the state's low vaccination rate. More than 92 percent of coronavirus cases and 90 percent of deaths are occurring among the unvaccinated, he added.<<<

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I was vaccinated in March and I will find out tommorow when I can get my 3rd dose.

OH PS: my neighbor which I had mention on here died yesterday after 18 days in the hospital of covid. Such a good person, but stuck to his beliefs about the vaccine and it could have saved his life.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
I was vaccinated in March and I will find out tommorow when I can get my 3rd dose.

OH PS: my neighbor which I had mention on here died yesterday after 18 days in the hospital of covid. Such a good person, but stuck to his beliefs about the vaccine and it could have saved his life.
It's tough when you know someone personally who gets taken by Covid. An engineer I've worked with off and on over the last 8 years passed away last month. Great guy, always easy to talk to, not a hostile bone in his body.

He was even working the same week that he passed away. I guess he went downhill super fast. Everyone was shocked, like "WTF I just talked to him!" Left behind 5 or 6 kids.

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja

Ouch. I figured perhaps $50 even $100, but $200 is going to sting.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja

Well when you work for someone that is paying your salary, providing benefits, 5 weeks PTO, college assistance, medical , dental and vision, a 401k (100% match up to 6% and 2% automatic contribution)
and others you pretty much follow their guidelines or start your own company and make your own rules.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Do they plan to have a control group for those challenge studies? I'd suggest the Faux News crowd for that. However, they might be so full of bile that no virus infection could last long.
You mean the people that are required to be vaccinated and wear a mask to work, but then go on air to demonize both things they're REQUIRED TO DO TO BE ON AIR?

Those @$$holes?

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan

Wow is this sad. The "Big 3" on Faux are pushing ivermectin. 70% of poison control calls in Mississippi are due to the horse dewormer. You wouldn't take a drug that you give to your horse.
Clearly the efficacy of the dewormer should be questioned. /s

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Clearly the efficacy of the dewormer should be questioned. /s
I feel like Fox News producers are just sitting in a room going "wonder what level on BS we can get them to believe next?" and "I can't believe this is working".

M

Mojo Navigator

Junior Audioholic
Fair enough, I agree.

A previous background in cancer immune-therapy also influences, or clouds, my judgement. In cancer, when immune-therapy actually works, it is usually the killer and/or helper T-cells that are critical, and not circulating antibodies. The most important and useful part of that paper I mentioned is that there is now a valid surrogate / correlative marker.
Please clarify T-cell (lymphocyte) functionality in aging adults.

I am under the impression that due to atrophy of the thymus (T) gland, which begins at puberty, that mature adults (say over the age of 50) do not produce new T-lymphocyte clones against novel antigens. This partially explains the rising mortality to cancer and infection among the older population and the relative protection to Covid among young adults.

And how is it possible to restore Thymus function and therefore, T-cell immune response in the adult population with vaccines?

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I feel like Fox News producers are just sitting in a room going "wonder what level on BS we can get them to believe next?" and "I can't believe this is working".
Fox News are freely and knowingly pushing out "remedies" to COVID-19 that are not effective and likely to kill or cause grave illness. In my opinion they are mass murderers that profits handsomely from this, but like the murderous Sackler family, they'll never see the day in court for their crimes.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan

I could not access the yahoo! site but I assume there is an exception for those that for medical reasons can not take a COVID vaccine?

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan

I'm surprised it took this long to put a price on such obstinance.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Public and private universities, businesses, and now the US Armed Forces are requiring Covid-19 vaccination.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/defense-secretary-lloyd-austin-covid-19-vaccine-mandate-us-military-troops-pentagon/
Moderna has completed a submission for full FDA approval of it's vaccine

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis