D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan

Wow is this sad. The "Big 3" on Faux are pushing ivermectin. 70% of poison control calls in Mississippi are due to the horse dewormer. You wouldn't take a drug that you give to your horse.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
A recently retired Florida police officer who died from COVID was fully vaccinated in March according to a Facebook post by his wife. I have no doubt one is better off with the vaccine than without, but it's not 100% effective.

>>>According to a Facebook post from the department, shortly after returning to work, Bounds was hospitalized for COVID-19 and ultimately died Saturday from complications of the virus. A Facebook post from Bounds’ wife indicated he was fully vaccinated in March.<<<

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
A recently retired Florida police officer who died from COVID was fully vaccinated in March according to a Facebook post by his wife. I have no doubt one is better off with the vaccine than without, but it's not 100% effective.

>>>According to a Facebook post from the department, shortly after returning to work, Bounds was hospitalized for COVID-19 and ultimately died Saturday from complications of the virus. A Facebook post from Bounds’ wife indicated he was fully vaccinated in March.<<<

Nothing is 100% in life when it comes to your health.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.

Wow is this sad. The "Big 3" on Faux are pushing ivermectin. 70% of poison control calls in Mississippi are due to the horse dewormer. You wouldn't take a drug that you give to your horse.
What total loosers! Close 'em up.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Those who actually read my posts on this thread may remember that I have often complained how the press, and others, talk about the effect of vaccination while only mentioning circulating antibodies – ignoring the effect of circulating Killer T-cells.

I recently noticed that good scientists, such as Anthony Fauci, now speak about circulating antibodies, without mention of Killer T-cells. There is now news on this topic to report.

A scientific paper, now being reviewed, shows that the levels of circulating antibodies in people are an effective way to measure immunity obtained from vaccination. This is referred to as a 'correlative marker'. We can use this easy & fast method to assess immunity instead of relying only on elaborate, slow, and expensive clinical trials.

Note that the paper looked at only people who were on the Moderna vaccine clinical trial. It says nothing about using antibody levels as a correlative marker in those who received other vaccines. It wouldn't be a stretch to believe that the same might be true for the Pfizer vaccine, but we should wait for some data. What about the other non-mRNA vaccines? Some data is required before we can conclude anything about them.

This paper does not prove that antibodies are the only immune mechanism resulting from vaccination.
Killer T-cells may very well turn out to be important as well. But measuring their presence is much more difficult, expensive, and slower than measuring antibody levels.

I can now stop complaining.

Last edited:
jinjuku

jinjuku

A recently retired Florida police officer who died from COVID was fully vaccinated in March according to a Facebook post by his wife. I have no doubt one is better off with the vaccine than without, but it's not 100% effective
Vaccines attenuate virus infections. They don't brick wall prevent.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
This is somewhat interesting.

>>>In its current death count, which reflects the six newly-discovered fatalities, the NCHS now lists the country’s first COVID death during the week of Jan. 5-11 — the first full week of 2020. The agency is in the final stages of preparing its 2020 annual mortality report, a review and analysis of all deaths in the United States last year.<<<

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Vaccines attenuate virus infections. They don't brick wall prevent.
Exactly. Too many people have a misunderstanding that it will 100% prevent people from getting sick. It won't do that, but what it will do, and seems to be doing for the most part, is make COVID " just like the flu" in that most will just get a bit sick and not end up in the hospital.

Hopefully we don't get a vaccine resistant variant because too many are refusing the vaccine.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
This is somewhat interesting.

>>>In its current death count, which reflects the six newly-discovered fatalities, the NCHS now lists the country’s first COVID death during the week of Jan. 5-11 — the first full week of 2020. The agency is in the final stages of preparing its 2020 annual mortality report, a review and analysis of all deaths in the United States last year.<<<

A half dozen deaths now attributed to Covid-19 in 6 different states: California, Alabama, Georgia, Kansas, Oklahoma and Wisconsin – as early as the 2nd week of Jan 2020. Interesting, but not all that surprising.

This virus was almost certainly widespread long before the Wuhan wet-market incident in December 2019. There are unconfirmed reports that suggest the virus was around in China in the summer of 2019, and perhaps as early as March 2019 in Spain. But there are also confirmed reports of the virus in Italy as early as September 2019.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Those who actually read my posts on this thread may remember that I have often complained how the press, and others, talk about the effect of vaccination while only mentioning circulating antibodies – ignoring the effect of circulating Killer T-cells.

I recently noticed that good scientists, such as Anthony Fauci, now speak about circulating antibodies, without mention of Killer T-cells. There is now news on this topic to report.

A scientific paper, now being reviewed, shows that the levels of circulating antibodies in people are an effective way to measure immunity obtained from vaccination. This is referred to as a 'correlative marker'. We can use this easy & fast method to assess immunity instead of relying only on elaborate, slow, and expensive clinical trials.

Note that the paper looked at only people who were on the Moderna vaccine clinical trial. It says nothing about using antibody levels as a correlative marker in those who received other vaccines. It wouldn't be a stretch to believe that the same might be true for the Pfizer vaccine, but we should wait for some data. What about the other non-mRNA vaccines? Some data is required before we can conclude anything about them.

This paper does not prove that antibodies are the only immune mechanism resulting from vaccination.
Killer T-cells may very well turn out to be important as well. But measuring their presence is much more difficult, expensive, and slower than measuring antibody levels.

I can now stop complaining.
I would say your post above is pointing to the academic scientist, clinician divide. Us clinicians are really very much "where the rubber meets the road" guys. What I mean by that is that the only really hard data we will accept is the case/severity/time vaccine case break though data. I have heard Dr Fauci even refer to that as the only truly reliable data on the length of immunity. Now as those cases occur we can then correlate that with antibody data. Then over time antibody data will become a much more reliable surrogate for population immunity.

As far as immunity goes there are three issues. The first is immunoglobulin antibody data, which is relatively easy and cheap to come by.

Second we have T-cell studies which are far more lab intensive and expensive. They are still very much a labor of love.

Then there are memory plasma cells. This is the hardest and most expensive data to obtain. It also requires bone marrow biopsies.

As far as I know there has only been one good study, done on patients who have recovered. I'm not aware of one done after vaccination. That one study from Singapore, if I remember correctly did show the presence of plasma T cell immune activity to Covid-19.

However I can not stress enough that the easiest, and by far the most reliable data, is long term follow up of immunized individuals in the presence of high community spread of Covid-19. That last point is also very important as the case count during high community spread is actually "where the rubber meets the road."

jinjuku

jinjuku

for those in denial of the vaccine benefit perhaps this will help............

I wish their headline would prove true, but stupid people will just notch another arrow and point it at their foot.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I wish their headline would prove true, but stupid people will just notch another arrow and point it at their foot.
While I tend to agree, especially with the moronic factions on the far right and left of center, then perhaps the recent FDA approval will get the more level headed ones(closer to center) to get 'off their butts' !

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
While I tend to agree, especially with the moronic factions on the far right and left of center, then perhaps the recent FDA approval will get the more level headed ones(closer to center) to get 'off their butts' !
We can only hope ! ,

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Well, I've seen quite a lot of posts online about people getting it right after the approval was announced, so hopefully that's a good trend and we can finally get past this.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
According the NYT website, it looks like the number of new cases in Florida might be peaking, but the number of deaths is still increasing (as expected, given the typical lag time between infection and death). The 7 day average number of deaths appears to be the highest since the pandemic began and it's moving up.

1629814879706.png

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
If there's any good news there, it's that 3rd jabs seem to be effective:

>>>Israel was forced to make quick decisions and in a time of great uncertainty. Levine was among the public health officials who expressed doubts about the wisdom of Israel’s untested move towards nationwide booster vaccination, but he told The Daily Beast that the latest statistics, showing that only 0.2 of the first 1.1 million recipients of the third jab were infected with the coronavirus, proved it had been a “brave decision.” The last week has shown a significant reduction in morbidity among triple-vaccinated Israelis over the age of 70—the first group to receive the booster.<<<

There's also a Reuters article about the 3rd jabs:

>>>JERUSALEM, Aug 22 (Reuters) - A third dose of Pfizer (PFE.N)'s COVID-19 vaccine has significantly improved protection from infection and serious illness among people aged 60 and older in Israel compared with those who received two shots, findings published by the Health Ministry showed on Sunday. . . . Breaking down statistics from Israel's Gertner Institute and KI Institute, ministry officials said that among people aged 60 and over, the protection against infection provided from 10 days after a third dose was four times higher than after two doses. A third jab for over 60-year-olds offered five to six times greater protection after 10 days with regard to serious illness and hospitalisation.<<<

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis