External Amp advice.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Everything sounded great in surround modes prior to using the emotiva amp.
The surround is worse. Its definitely lacking. I will add more modules to the Emotiva and see how it goes
I might have missed something here. :D

If surround modes suck with the Emotiva amp, why would adding more Emotiva amp modules improve the surround modes?

It seems like the surround modes sounded great WITHOUT the Emotiva. So how about just don't use the Emotiva amp?

Oh, wait, did you mean that you think using a 7Ch external amp will improve all the sound? This way, you don't have to use the Yamaha AVR internal amps at all? So all 7 speakers will be powered by an external amp?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I don't know. I think if you are able to hear the difference in sounds between the amps and the AVR, and you want to hear awesome sound from external amps, then you might want to look into true high-end amps like ATI, Anthem, Parasound, Legacy Audio, Bryston, McIntosh, Krell, Mark Levinson, etc.

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
I don't know. I think if you are able to hear the difference in sounds between the amps and the AVR, and you want to hear awesome sound from external amps, then you might want to look into true high-end amps like ATI, Anthem, Parasound, Legacy Audio, Bryston, McIntosh, Krell, Mark Levinson, etc.
At this point I believe just telling OP what he wants to hear is the only way to move forward.
Adding the extra amp modules to your Emotiva will bring back the silky smooth highs, and the Chocolatey mids he has been missing since adding the superior Emotiva. IMHO:rolleyes:

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Mother's basement guy again! Think he's trolled us a few times now. My only takeaway is that adding the Emotiva amp made things worse, now he wants more Emotiva amp to make it even worse....or we simply have a failure to communicate (in my best Strother Martin voice).

M

Musicman61

Junior Audioholic
I might have missed something here. :D

If surround modes suck with the Emotiva amp, why would adding more Emotiva amp modules improve the surround modes?

It seems like the surround modes sounded great WITHOUT the Emotiva. So how about just don't use the Emotiva amp?

Oh, wait, did you mean that you think using a 7Ch external amp will improve all the sound? This way, you don't have to use the Yamaha AVR internal amps at all? So all 7 speakers will be powered by an external amp?
Yes correct.

M

Musicman61

Junior Audioholic
At this point I believe just telling OP what he wants to hear is the only way to move forward.
Adding the extra amp modules to your Emotiva will bring back the silky smooth highs, and the Chocolatey mids he has been missing since adding the superior Emotiva. IMHO:rolleyes:
Oh for fu ck sakes are you people on drugs? I said since adding the emotiva amp the surround sound sucks. That means with the yamaha powering the surround channels sound and the emotiva powering the front does something to the overall sound. The emotiva sounds much better with 2 channel music that it is powering. That being the case I send out the emotiva amp to add more channels to it and thus eliminating the yamaha being used to power anything. It would be used as nothing but a hub. The emotiva amp will take care of all the power going to all speakers. Problem solved. Is that so hard to understand

M

Musicman61

Junior Audioholic
Mother's basement guy again! Think he's trolled us a few times now. My only takeaway is that adding the Emotiva amp made things worse, now he wants more Emotiva amp to make it even worse....or we simply have a failure to communicate (in my best Strother Martin voice).
Good God man your not getting it. Just go back to the basement and smoke another one.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yes. Over a half dozen experienced HT enthusiasts who answer questions and troubleshoot on a daily basis are the ones who are thick. Every one of us. You're the only sane one. :rolleyes:

M

Musicman61

Junior Audioholic
Yes. Over a half dozen experienced HT enthusiasts who answer questions and troubleshoot on a daily basis are the ones who are thick. Every one of us. You're the only sane one. :rolleyes:
Oh I see, my bad. I forgot that people who are absorbed in a particular thing are "all" experts in the field. Well damn, your wasting your time on forums when you should be working with Gene and the other Engineers. I think my explanation was quite clear.

M

Musicman61

Junior Audioholic
I'm not getting what you're so dense at outputting. Not my problem. Just being amused now....
Yes small brains are amused easily and it appears to me that the better part of you ran down your father's leg. See this whole dumb ass conversation could have been completely avoid by you not saying nothing at all. If you don't know the answer to a question then don't respond. Simple.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yes small brains are amused easily and it appears to me that the better part of you ran down your father's leg. See this whole dumb ass conversation could have been completely avoid by you not saying nothing at all. If you don't know the answer to a question then don't respond. Simple.
What's the question? LOL from a guy who thought the amp worked the way you said it did earlier, that was pretty choice for miscreant eggspurt such as yourself :)

You're the one who came here with his head up his ass remember.....

M

Musicman61

Junior Audioholic
I know how a amp works, bozo. Your talking out your ass cause your mouth knows better. If anyone has their head up their ass it is you. That should be an easy fit for your self, being with such a small head and being a big asshole. If I wanted to hear from an asshole I would have just farted. Ignorance is bliss and you must be the happiest person on the planet.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I know how a amp works, bozo. Your talking out your ass cause your mouth knows better. If anyone has their head up their ass it is you. That should be an easy fit for your self, being with such a small head and being a big asshole. If I wanted to hear from an asshole I would have just farted. Ignorance is bliss and you must be the happiest person on the planet.
You're such an awesome communicator....except about audio gear. LOL. You didn't know how your gear was working earlier in the thread....

M

Musicman61

Junior Audioholic
Is that what I said? I said I don't know how my gear was working? Show me that line.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Is that what I said? I said I don't know how my gear was working? Show me that line.
For example, when asked to clarify how the Emotiva amp wasn't in play you responded:

No its not direct mode. I'm familiar with all that. There is a setting on the yamaha which bypasses the amp so you can use the yamaha as if there isn't anything hooked up to it.

M

Musicman61

Junior Audioholic
Funny, I'm not seeing anything that said I don't know how my gear was working. I believe it says there is a setting on the yamaha that bypasses the amp.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis