External Amp advice.

M

Musicman61

Junior Audioholic
Yeah I believe that was after the fact of other stupid remarks from the likes of you. Dude pack it in already. Christ you really did sleep thinking about this nonsense. Stop talking to me.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah I believe that was after the fact of other stupid remarks from the likes of you. Dude pack it in already. Christ you really did sleep thinking about this nonsense. Stop talking to me.
What stupid remarks were made to illicit the ad hominem attacks, flaming, name calling and crude insults you've been posting for the last few pages? Please point them out.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
To the OP simply question as after reading all of this I have one question when you say the surrounds sounded better before the 3 channel amp did you by any chance have the Yamaha set to all channel stereo instead of a dsp sound field ? The reason I ask is I’ve used nothing but Yamaha avr’s for over 30 years and no mater what two channel source you put threw it those dsp sound fields can really suck . Now sacd and dvd audio can be incredible but two channel sounds like crap up mixed! Are you sure you didn’t have like 9 channel stero turned on if so that may explain why before you could hear them way better .

M

Musicman61

Junior Audioholic
Omg, are you for real man? Your a funny guy. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Look I'm not taking the time out to copy and paste all the dumb remarks. You don't seem to mind wasting your time copying and pasting, so have at it. What part of don't talk to me did you not understand? Or Was that not descriptive enough for you either?

M

Musicman61

Junior Audioholic
To the OP simply question as after reading all of this I have one question when you say the surrounds sounded better before the 3 channel amp did you by any chance have the Yamaha set to all channel stereo instead of a dsp sound field ? The reason I ask is I’ve used nothing but Yamaha avr’s for over 30 years and no mater what two channel source you put threw it those dsp sound fields can really suck . Now sacd and dvd audio can be incredible but two channel sounds like crap up mixed! Are you sure you didn’t have like 9 channel stero turned on if so that may explain why before you could hear them way better .
No offense but I don't care to rehash everything. Thanks for the interest but I have someone on here that gets it all. So all good. Thanks

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
You don't seem to mind wasting your time copying and pasting, so have at it.
In my defense, multi quoting is quick and easy if you know how to use the forums functions and it only took less than a minute to post it.

It might have taken more than a minute, but you made it easy and helped me out by posting so many insults in such a short space of time.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I’ve used nothing but Yamaha avr’s for over 30 years
Yamaha AVRs and AVPs are awesome. :D

At the same time, it is also very cool to use external amps with the AVRs, like your Carver amps and other high quality amps. :D

I actually just sold a Yamaha RX-A3080 to a client in OKC. And normally, I would tell people that the RX-A3080 should be able to power most speakers at REGULAR volume just peachy. :D

But this client listens at a much higher UNSAFE volume, which I made the point to him when I came to see him. The volume is so high (he said "above 110dB") that I would have to LEAVE the room because there is no way in hell I would tolerate it. On top of this unsafe volume, he only wants to listen to music in 9CH Stereo Mode DSP. So 9Ch Stereo Mode + Extreme High Volume = Use External Amps Please. :D

No doubt, he would have to buy an external high-power amp.

Bottom line, Yamaha makes awesome AVRs. But it is perfectly peachy if you want to use high quality external amps - even though it is not perfectly peach if you listen to unsafe high volume. :D

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord

At the same time, it is also very cool to use external amps with the AVRs, like your Carver amps and other high quality amps. :D

I actually just sold a Yamaha RX-A3080 to a client in OKC. And normally, I would tell people that the RX-A3080 should be able to power most speakers at REGULAR volume just peachy. :D

But this client listens at a much higher UNSAFE volume, which I made the point to him when I came to see him. The volume is so high (he said "above 110dB") that I would have to LEAVE the room because there is no way in hell I would tolerate it. On top of this unsafe volume, he only wants to listen to music in 9CH Stereo Mode DSP. So 9Ch Stereo Mode + Extreme High Volume = Use External Amps Please. :D

So no doubt, he would have to buy an external high-power amp.

So bottom line, Yamaha makes awesome AVRs. But it is perfectly peachy if you want to use high quality external amps - even though it is not perfectly peach if you listen to unsafe high volume. :D
If Yamaha are so awesome how come they sound like crap when you connect a separate amplifier? Huh? HUH??

:p :p

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
To the OP simply question as after reading all of this I have one question when you say the surrounds sounded better before the 3 channel amp did you by any chance have the Yamaha set to all channel stereo instead of a dsp sound field ?
This was brought up and asked already. It was rejected, he said that's not it, and we were accused of insulting him by even suggesting he didn't already know that.

PS, in fact it was us suggesting that might be the issue when he informed us he's been "an audio freak before most of the people posting here were even born"...

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
If Yamaha are so awesome how come they sound like crap when you connect a separate amplifier? Huh? HUH??

:p :p
I'm not going there.

But perhaps the OP should have posted this question on the Yamaha Owner's Thread since Yamaha owners are simply just so much NICER. :D :p:p:p

But....If I were to go THERE, I would NICELY say that it is possible that at certain volume and high power requirement based on many factors, the system could benefit from the external amps.

M

Musicman61

Junior Audioholic
In my defense, multi quoting is quick and easy if you know how to use the forums functions and it only took less than a minute to post it.

It might have taken more than a minute, but you made it easy and helped me out by posting so many insults in such a short space of time.
And to think I did it all for you.
Funny guy, you just have to try and get the last word huh. Lol. I reiterate, What part of do not talk to me do you not understand?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm not going there.

But perhaps the OP should have posted this question on the Yamaha Owner's Thread since Yamaha owners are simply just so much NICER. :D :p:p:p

But....If I were to go THERE, I would NICELY say that it is possible that at certain volume and high power requirement based on many factors, the system could benefit from the external amps.
Yeah, but in this case the external amp made it sound worse. Except for the main speakers. Those are better now...

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, but in this case the external amp made it sound worse. Except for the main speakers. Those are better now...
Porge, just like that sorry Disney movie says, Let it go. Haha. :D :D

Hey @Gmoney, aren't you planning on getting an external amp for you new Yamaha RX-A1080? :D

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General

No doubt, he would have to buy an external high-power amp.

Bottom line, Yamaha makes awesome AVRs. But it is perfectly peachy if you want to use high quality external amps - even though it is not perfectly peach if you listen to unsafe high volume. :D
I may be in the market here later on this summer for 3080 as I’d like the latest feature set and better intergraction with my new 4 k display I installed last week . Yep the carvers will rock the house it will do 110 db pretty easy but dam nobody needs that volume level lol . I never lack for Headroom nobody should lol . I do use 9 channel stereo in my room with proper use of delays and the faders in in the menu for it . The Yamaha’s are built like tanks but no outboard amps and 9 channel that dudes going to fry something . Been there and done that . All my main channels are driven by carvers and I’d like to add another for the rear surrounds that way I’ll only have the avr powering the ceiling atmos when I eventually add the new avr .

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan

PS, in fact it was us suggesting that might be the issue when he informed us he's been "an audio freak before most of the people posting here were even born"...
I sort of doubt that is anywhere close to reality.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis