Are These Finds Good Deals?

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
What little I could decipher from him is the A channel output only works with A/B combined, or mono. In straight stereo only the B channel output works. The A output is the one that does not work in stereo mode so that's the "blown channel", or more likely inoperative output? Meaning the amp section is unaffected?

I'm using the A output so it is not in stereo. "B flows into A". I'm making a bunch of assumptions, but to me it sounds like it's bridged, no?
You can only tell by the wiring. If using A 1+/1- you are using CH A. If using A 2+/2- you are using CH B. If using A 1+/2+ you are in bridge mode, but the Mode selector should also be set to Bridge then, not mono.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Yes, there should be a switch or menu item that is turned to ‘bridge mode’; should be easy to find.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yes, there should be a switch or menu item that is turned to ‘bridge mode’; should be easy to find.
Here we go.

20210409_130734_copy_1305x734.jpg

"Bridged" was not selected so I changed it. I have it selected now, and I swear it's louder now... is that in my head?

If the amp section on either side were fried it wouldn't work at all when bridged, right?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Here we go.

View attachment 46458

"Bridged" was not selected so I changed it. I have it selected now, and I swear it's louder now... is that in my head?

If the amp section on either side were fried it wouldn't work at all when bridged, right?
You are officially above my pay grade, now. I would not expect it to get louder unless it was not receiving proper "power" in the first place.
Did you have any success in tracking down a manual? Likewise, this may be a great question for a new thread.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
You are officially above my pay grade, now. I would not expect it to get louder unless it was not receiving proper "power" in the first place.
Did you have any success in tracking down a manual? Likewise, this may be a great question for a new thread.
I learned this.

I did play around in the menus when I first got it. The mode it was set on was "dual". When I changed it to "bridge" the sub unquestionably got louder. I turned the HUSs off and ran a straight bass signal while flipping between the modes just now in real time and it's very obvious. "Bridge" is louder and I'm gonna need to run calibration again if I keep it there, which I plan to do...

What's more odd, ALL of the modes work, including stereo, which he said didn't work. I don't think there's a blown channel. I'm not going into full on experiment mode to find out tho. My guess is, whatever the "dual" setting does I was only getting power from 1 channel. When I flip to "bridge" I'm getting full rated power from both channels combined and that would explain why it got louder.

I really feel like this is sorted now and I absolutely don't need to worry about amplification. I believe it's bridged and working like it's s'posed to.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I'm not fond of all Totems but the Tribe has a few glowing reviews. I currently have bookshelves but I miss the bass that you get in a tower, so I'm kind of leaning away from other bookshelf speakers but always willing to give anything a listen. The Kanta 1 does have a much better tweeter.
I understand. I must say my Dali bookshelves put out the cleanest bass of any speaker I've owned. I use them purely for two channel and have yet to be disappointed.

B

Beave

Audioholic Chief
Well, this guy is asking at least double what is a reasonable price for these speakers, but in this special case they might be worth it.

Why?

"Bass is tight and deep, the midrange is chocolatey smooth and natural, and the highs sound extended and non-fatiguing."

Did you see that? CHOCOLATEY MIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!1!!!!!1

Monitor Audio Silver S10 on eBay with Chocolatey mids!

Edited to correct link

Last edited:
zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
This is strange, but feels good ... while I am not a big Energy fan, I kept looking at the Energy C-100 bookshelf speakers from around 2009 ... a seller was selling new in the box, but opened for $129 ... in a matter of around 20 minutes these steps happened ... (1) excepted my counter offer of $112 in less than 15 seconds (2) I paid within 5 minutes (3) then shipping label created (4) seller left a feedback about my purchase ... Shipping is only $17 from Las Vegas ... I think this set of speakers may surprise me ... this is not to be confused with the poor CB series.

Scroll down

Picture from Bluray forum

1618186535679.png

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Well, this guy is asking at least double what is a reasonable price for these speakers, but in this special case they might be worth it.

Why? "Bass is tight and deep, the midrange is chocolatey smooth and natural, and the highs sound extended and non-fatiguing."

Did you see that? CHOCOLATEY MIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!1!!!!!1
I guess that may also be pure chocolate ... plus one must add shipping to get the chocolate without walnuts.:)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
This is strange, but feels good ... while I am not a big Energy fan, I kept looking at the Energy C-100 bookshelf speakers from around 2009 ... a seller was selling new in the box, but opened for $129 ... in a matter of around 20 minutes these steps happened ... (1) excepted my counter offer of $112 in less than 15 seconds (2) I paid within 5 minutes (3) then shipping label created (4) seller left a feedback about my purchase ... Shipping is only $17 from Las Vegas ... I think this set of speakers may surprise me ... this is not to be confused with the poor CB series.

Scroll down

Picture from Bluray forum

View attachment 46554
I will be awaiting your impressions. I'm not at all familiar with Energy speakers but do see them pop up from time to time.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
I will be awaiting your impressions. I'm not at all familiar with Energy speakers but do see them pop up from time to time.
I use to own the Connoisseur C-2 speaker

cerwinmad

cerwinmad

Full Audioholic
Only 2 days left! Man, it'd be pretty awesome to pick those up for $250!
Yeah so about $175usd. And they are local to me. I'll pop in the $250 bid. See if they move from there I think. I'm assuming these are a marked increase in quality over my entry level yamaha NS-50F Fronts.

Edit; would a diamond 10.CS center be an acceptable match to them?

Last edited:
adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Yeah so about $175usd. And they are local to me. I'll pop in the $250 bid. See if they move from there I think. I'm assuming these are a marked increase in quality over my entry level yamaha NS-50F Fronts.

Edit; would a diamond 10.CS center be an acceptable match to them?
Those are the Opus line which sold for over 5K new. I have the Opus center to go with my Evo2's. That center will work.

Edit: sorry that is the same evo2 line I have. The finish confused me. Evo2 30 for 250 would be a great deal. They are a nice neutral speaker.

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Not for sale but posting for Pogre as he probably hasn't seen these NOLA KOs before. :)
Wow, those look really cool! Got kind of a line array thing going on, and mids and tweets are open back... er, open baffle? They look like they can handle some power too.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis