Are These Finds Good Deals?

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
If you have any plans at all to use them in a multichannel setup just be warned that the corresponding centers are 2 ways and the step up in price to a 3 way Focal center is quite pricey.
Yeah, the CC900 2-way is more in my price range, but the Paradigm Studio CC-590 that I have is a pretty good centre channel. Wonder how it would pair with the Focals? The Paradigms have nice mids so it's good for centre dialogue. Might keep the Studio 20 bookshelves for surrounds.

I am after a couple of things. I liked the warmth of the old KEF 103.2 that I recently demoed, so I would like a little fatter bottom end. I also find the highs on the Paradigm Studio a little harsh at times leading to ear fatigue. The KEFs were very pleasing but a little muffled and lacking detail, so I'm looking for something in between. Little softer highs but retaining the detail. My room is a little small though. Seating distance would be 9 to 10 ft and they recommend 12 for the Focals.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
The Paradigm is old and the woofer is dry-rotted by now ... the Definitive is over-priced ... and the Polk is over-priced ... that area is optimistic.:)
Yep that's why I wasn't interested in them. Just sharing what is in my area. Still looking for some stands under $25. I have seen some, but some are far or no answer back. :(

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Yep that's why I wasn't interested in them. Just sharing what is in my area. Still looking for some stands under $25. I have seen some, but some are far or no answer back. :(
BP-20's should only be bought if the woofer recall has been performed. If the seller doesn't know what you're talking about, then it hasn't been done. :p Someone wanting to make a buck could part them out, since you'd be getting 8 Scanspeak woofers and 4 tweeters.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
BP-20's should only be bought if the woofer recall has been performed. If the seller doesn't know what you're talking about, then it hasn't been done. :p Someone wanting to make a buck could part them out, since you'd be getting 8 Scanspeak woofers and 4 tweeters.
You know what when I see they don't remove the shield on the speakers means something is not right.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah, the CC900 2-way is more in my price range, but the Paradigm Studio CC-590 that I have is a pretty good centre channel. Wonder how it would pair with the Focals? The Paradigms have nice mids so it's good for centre dialogue. Might keep the Studio 20 bookshelves for surrounds.

I am after a couple of things. I liked the warmth of the old KEF 103.2 that I recently demoed, so I would like a little fatter bottom end. I also find the highs on the Paradigm Studio a little harsh at times leading to ear fatigue. The KEFs were very pleasing but a little muffled and lacking detail, so I'm looking for something in between. Little softer highs but retaining the detail. My room is a little small though. Seating distance would be 9 to 10 ft and they recommend 12 for the Focals.
One thing was brought about those also by TLS is that the tweets in those models have some history with blowing. At least for a friend of his. Linky to the post...

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
I would still aim for the DCM
i'm still hopeful that the seller doesn't get any bites in the next few days and i can pick them up for $200 (delivered ) .. i might go to $220 , he was more willing to deliver at $220.. but , i think they have low resale value (outside of guys like us)...

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
Which ones? My treasured 60s in my vinyl room?
i'm pretty interested in the tfe 100's.. but the guy lives about 25 miles away and i don't drive .. i'm trying to get a delivery at a decent price($200) .. the lack of resale value worries me a bit ...but i do hear they are nice:)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
i'm still hopeful that the seller doesn't get any bites in the next few days and i can pick them up for $200 (delivered ) .. i might go to $220 , he was more willing to deliver at $220.. but , i think they have low resale value (outside of guys like us)...
Where's he located?

And yes, they're nice. I think they'd compare with the likes of SVS Ultras for the books. I'm thinking those 100s might compare well against the Prime Pinnacles.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
i'm pretty interested in the tfe 100's.. but the guy lives about 25 miles away and i don't drive .. i'm trying to get a delivery at a decent price($200) .. the lack of resale value worries me a bit ...but i do hear they are nice:)
Trust in Z he knows his stuff. I didn't get them 100s at the time cause I didn't have the bread. I'm very content with the 60s they sound and soundstage/image well in my vinyl/theater room.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
So this is interesting! A Behringer EP2500, new unopened box for $375.

2400 watts into 4 ohms bridged mono. That'd match up really nice with my new sub! $375 seems a li'l pricey tho. I have no clue, can't find much about original retail online.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
One thing was brought about those also by TLS is that the tweets in those models have some history with blowing. At least for a friend of his. Linky to the post...

Thanks for the heads up. Something to consider if they're demo units. The new Paradigm Founder 80F would also be in that price range at $4,500 Cdn. Founder 100F is getting a little too pricey at $6,500. Might match better with my Paradigm centre as well.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
So this is interesting! A Behringer EP2500, new unopened box for $375.

2400 watts into 4 ohms bridged mono. That'd match up really nice with my new sub! $375 seems a li'l pricey tho. I have no clue, can't find much about original retail online.
Maybe 275? Go ahead and sell the truck already! ☀

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Still a real good deal at $220 ... your call

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Damn, these aren't exactly what I think of as a good deal, but curious about them. Harbeth C7ES-3 books (with "pro" stands) for just over $3k?

00N0N_lEoqtSn80lYz_07K0ak_600x450.jpg

I've never heard of them before.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis