Are These Finds Good Deals?

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
That is a weak cabinet and a poor driver in that Optimus sub ... but it can be a toy diy thing ... Sonic barrier from parts express can help some ... but the key is the right woofer for the cabinet volume so you can get at least some decent bass
Check out post #1270.. Unrelated to your current discussion, but , what do you think? Dudes about 30 miles away .. Fair deal at $200?

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
Anyone heard of Clements 207 di? .. Totally obscure .. The little i have found is positive... Guy wants $159.. I was thinking of taking a flyer at $100 and see if he bit..but i reckon I'd have to hear them b4 buying

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Check out post #1270.. Unrelated to your current discussion, but , what do you think? Dudes about 30 miles away .. Fair deal at $200?
Maybe this will help ... and remember the the TFE 100 are smaller than the JBL

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
Maybe this will help ... and remember the the TFE 100 are smaller than the JBL
Thanks ...

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Anyone heard of Clements 207 di? .. Totally obscure .. The little i have found is positive... Guy wants $159.. I was thinking of taking a flyer at $100 and see if he bit..but i reckon I'd have to hear them b4 buying
I have not heard it, but the word is good ... I believe that the woofer is a 8 inch one ... that design uses a simple crossover network

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
I have not heard it, but the word is good ... I believe that the woofer is a 8 inch one ... that design uses a simple crossover network
It's literally 2 miles away .. I may call the seller tomorrow and see if i can get a listen..

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
We don't see Salk speakers for sale very often in Canada but even taking the exchange rate into account that price is close to retail. Would love to hear them though.
https://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/649724344-salk-song3-beat/
Oh boy, yeah I'll bet they don't last long on there. What does $5k CA work out to in 'murican dollars...?

...just under $4k it looks like. I'd say that's fair if in excellent condition. Not too far under retail, but like you said they don't come up very often on the used market.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Honestly, I'd be a proud owner of anything from Salk or Philharmonics!
Oh, I am! ;)
Dennis shared somewhere that while he likes the Be tweeter, it doesn't have his preferred level of dispersion compared to the Raals. Still, having heard the Satori Be firsthand, I know it to be an excellent driver with delightful SQ. Compared to the way some people go through speakers, it makes me wonder why this guy is selling. :) Did he not care for it (hard to think) or did he find something he liked better (and if so, what)... ? :)
I will say that if I were to ever set up a Stereo-Bypass system, it would strictly be because I wanted something that didn't utilize the BG Planar Di-Pole Mid in the 3s. Not because I am unhappy with it in any way, but simply because it would be nice to have a contrasting reference point between two outstanding speakers.
Talk about you 21st century first world problems. :rolleyes: ;) :D

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
Those clements disappeared in less than 48 hrs....someone new something I don't...

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I am really tempted to pull the trigger on these Focal Aria 948. $8k retail going for $5k Cdn ($4k US). (B stock is typically demo or trade show unit in excellent condition.) Same price as the used Salks but a big upgrade from my Paradigm bookshelves. Can't believe I am even considering spending this kind of money on speakers. You guys are a bad influence. :D
https://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/649681582-focal-aria-948-speakers-excellent-b-stock-full-wrnty-callemail-for-promo-details-free-shipping/

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I am really tempted to pull the trigger on these Focal Aria 948. $8k retail going for $5k Cdn ($4k US). (B stock is typically demo or trade show unit in excellent condition.) Same price as the used Salks but a big upgrade from my Paradigm bookshelves. Can't believe I am even considering spending this kind of money on speakers. You guys are a bad influence. :D
https://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/649681582-focal-aria-948-speakers-excellent-b-stock-full-wrnty-callemail-for-promo-details-free-shipping/
If you have any plans at all to use them in a multichannel setup just be warned that the corresponding centers are 2 ways and the step up in price to a 3 way Focal center is quite pricy.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I looked those up not long ago when someone started a thread about blown tweeters. They do look pretty awesome.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis