The Dolby Atmos, DTS-X, and Auro-3D Discussion Thread

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I think that's the general consensus - NeuralX for Movies and DSU for Music (but I like NeuralX for both :D).
It’s like the DSU upmixer is more subtle. I guess it’s nice to be able to flip back and forth. :)

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Ok Terminator Genisys is done well in Atmos too. I had pretty much forgotten about it. It’s a strange plot but I still like it. Lol :)

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I also see that Godzilla 2014 is releasing a 4K Atmos version later this month. :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Has HBOMax fixed their Atmos issue? Is it really atmos? Or are you going to the theater to see the movie?
Even if I can only get Godzilla vs Kong in DDP 4K, I would still watch it at home and use NeuralX, which still sounds better than any Commercial Atmos theater I’ve been to since 2013.

Commercial Theater Atmos sound is a joke to me. I can never hear anything overhead.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Even if I can only get Godzilla vs Kong in DDP 4K, I would still watch it at home and use NeuralX, which still sounds better than any Commercial Atmos theater I’ve been to since 2013.

Commercial Theater Atmos sound is a joke to me. I can never hear anything overhead.
I saw the last star wars movie in a full Dolby Atmos theater. It was recently built in 2019. I will say the sound was pretty impressive for a Disney owned movie. When they reopen, I will definitely be seeing another big blockbuster movie in that specific theater.

I think Disney is going to release Black Widow on Disney+. they might follow the same thing WB is doing. Same day release. Both streaming and theater. Nothing set in stone, but based on that Raya release, it didn't go well. But HBOmax has been doing really good with their releases, so Disney might copy them.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
This is what I was looking for. Ready Player One is good for adjusting the speaker levels. This one is excellent!!!. :)

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
This is what I was looking for. Ready Player One is good for adjusting the speaker levels. This one is excellent!!!. :)
Yes indeed! Excellent track. Nice bass extension too.
I enjoyed the hunger games. The first ones I watched upmixed but the later ones have Atmos tracks. In fact one of my favorite 3D objects in any track is in a scene where Katniss is singing. A bird flies from screen to back left corner(iirc). I swear a wing tip grazed my cheek. In fact, those subtle in room things are what I love about Atmos the most. Don’t get me wrong, the helicopters and planes and submarine creaks are awesome. But it’s the subtle 3D stuff that’s so damn good.
Btw, most of all, I’m glad to see you diving in finally. I know it’s not with your c34e’s, but some Atmos is better than. I Atmos. So congratulations, I know you’ve been waiting for a long time.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Yes indeed! Excellent track. Nice bass extension too.
I enjoyed the hunger games. The first ones I watched upmixed but the later ones have Atmos tracks. In fact one of my favorite 3D objects in any track is in a scene where Katniss is singing. A bird flies from screen to back left corner(iirc). I swear a wing tip grazed my cheek. In fact, those subtle in room things are what I love about Atmos the most. Don’t get me wrong, the helicopters and planes and submarine creaks are awesome. But it’s the subtle 3D stuff that’s so damn good.
Btw, most of all, I’m glad to see you diving in finally. I know it’s not with your c34e’s, but some Atmos is better than. I Atmos. So congratulations, I know you’ve been waiting for a long time.
Thanks! It’s been a journey for sure. LOL :)

I am in a situation where I cannot really cut in the ceilings yet as I’m not sure I will stay in my home long term or not. The good news is its really pretty great this way. I’m sure in ceiling is even another step up of course. :)

I think I’ll get copies of the hunger games and check those out. Thanks again!

T

Tachead7075

Audioholic
Well, I'm finally getting into the Atmos game and looking forward to it. I have been slowly building and refining a brand new 5.2.4 setup for the last year and the last pieces(for now lol) including 4 heights should be here within two weeks. What would you guys suggest for the first movie?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis