Adam Kinzinger (R-IL)

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
My bad. I agree with everything you say, but what doesn't sound familiar is the cult and the degree of hate and anger.
The definition of "cult" is somewhat subjective, but there are plenty of similarities between Trumpism and cults.

>>>One clinical psychologist told me when the letter was published that Kinzinger was on the receiving end of a textbook cultlike response: remove yourself from the devil, cut the person off from the family, prove devotion to leader and mission.<<<

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
[QUOTE="Mr._Clark, post: 1464239, member: 63928"
Do you agree with the following statement by Frank Luntz?

“He’s become the voice of God for tens of millions of people, and they will follow him to the ends of the earth and off the cliff.”
[/QUOTE]

Yes. That's what I meant by putting him on a pedestal. To them he was God because he acknowledged them, spoke like them (and not carefully), so they thrush their belief upon him. Finally there's a candidate who isn't from Washington. He's going to bring jobs back to America! For them I imagine it's difficult to look back and see you were conned is difficult so you don't. I don't think Hillary was exactly wrong in calling them deplorables. Many are, but Trump taped into them by acknowledging them. Saying "I love the uneducated too" was giving away his manipulation. No candidate would say the love them. They'd say they want you to get an education. It's another white nationalism surge before demographic change is accepted. Again, there's more layers to it than what I've said. There's plenty of common every day folks who are not extremists.

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
[QUOTE="Mr._Clark, post: 1464239, member: 63928"
Do you agree with the following statement by Frank Luntz?

“He’s become the voice of God for tens of millions of people, and they will follow him to the ends of the earth and off the cliff.”
Yes. That's what I meant by putting him on a pedestal. To them he was God because he acknowledged them, spoke like them (and not carefully), so they thrush their belief upon him. Finally there's a candidate who isn't from Washington. He's going to bring jobs back to America! For them I imagine it's difficult to look back and see you were conned is difficult so you don't. I don't think Hillary was exactly wrong in calling them deplorables. Many are, but Trump taped into them by acknowledging them. Saying "I love the uneducated too" was giving away his manipulation. No candidate would say the love them. They'd say they want you to get an education. It's another white nationalism surge before demographic change is accepted. Again, there's more layers to it than what I've said. There's plenty of common every day folks who are not extremists.
[/QUOTE]
Every snake oil salesman in history loves a rube... And that describes the avg trump voter...

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
The definition of "cult" is somewhat subjective, but there are plenty of similarities between Trumpism and cults.

>>>One clinical psychologist told me when the letter was published that Kinzinger was on the receiving end of a textbook cultlike response: remove yourself from the devil, cut the person off from the family, prove devotion to leader and mission.<<<

I thought too it was the repetition of "fake news," "hoax," "deep state" etc.

jinjuku

jinjuku

I love the line in the letter about Trump being a christian man. You effing imbecile. You are literally that blind or stupid not to see that he's about as amoral as they come.

Now on CNN's 'cult' comments there is plenty of that to go around. Look at over reaching SJW's, look at cancel culturists.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I love the line in the letter about Trump being a christian man. You effing imbecile. You are literally that blind or stupid not to see that he's about as amoral as they come.

Now on CNN's 'cult' comments there is plenty of that to go around. Look at over reaching SJW's, look at cancel culturists.
The guy who's bowing to the statue seems to have forgotten the idea that a golden calf was a bit of a problem around 2000 years ago, for the one they supposedly worship in a more official capacity.

Lemmings.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I'm an atheist and frankly find those "christians" to be of the type that worships Mammon and use their religion as an excuse for bigotry and racism. As you might have guess, I do not hold white "christian evangelicals" in high regard.

I consider this a false equivalence.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja

There are plenty of immoral politicians on both sides,.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Did you see any of the SJW storming the Capitol with intent to murder Pelosi, AOC and Pence, among others? Many are prosecuted for their violent actions when attacking the Capitol at President Trumps bequest in an attempted coup, but not any SJW have been indicted. QAnon is in US classified as a potential terrorist threat while Proud Pretty Boys are declared a terrorist organisation in Canada.

The far right is using "cancel culture" as a way to avoid consequences of their actions and to avoid personal responsibility.

diskreet

diskreet

Audioholic
There are plenty of immoral politicians on both sides,.
whataboutism - noun - the technique or practice of responding to an accusation or difficult question by making a counteraccusation or raising a different issue.

"the parliamentary hearing appeared to be an exercise in whataboutism"

jinjuku

jinjuku

Did you see any of the SJW storming the Capitol with intent to murder Pelosi, AOC and Pence, among others? Many are prosecuted for their violent actions when attacking the Capitol at President Trumps bequest in an attempted coup, but not any SJW have been indicted. QAnon is in US classified as a potential terrorist threat while Proud Pretty Boys are declared a terrorist organisation in Canada.

The far right is using "cancel culture" as a way to avoid consequences of their actions and to avoid personal responsibility.
When did a letter from a GOP lawmaker's family become about the Capital Riot? There is another thread for that so keep related comments there. This isn't the thread for this.

jinjuku

jinjuku

The far right is using "cancel culture" as a way to avoid consequences of their actions and to avoid personal responsibility
I'm center-left and I'm telling you I can judge left and right on their own merits. My point is CNN would do well to remember that there is cult behavior on all sides. It's one of my frustrations with the media.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
whataboutism - noun - the technique or practice of responding to an accusation or difficult question by making a counteraccusation or raising a different issue.

"the parliamentary hearing appeared to be an exercise in whataboutism"
So you say its not true, " I could careless about a Whataboutism, or counteraccusation. Facts are facts. Clinton , Trump etc.

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
So you say its not true, " I could careless about a Whataboutism, or counteraccusation. Facts are facts. Clinton , Trump etc.
What i think he might be saying is : trying to equate the evil of trump and his congressional enablers to anything the dems in congress have done (recently) is a false equivalent.. That's what i would tell you if i was inclined to give an opinion, which I'm not :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'm center-left and I'm telling you I can judge left and right on their own merits. My point is CNN would do well to remember that there is cult behavior on all sides. It's one of my frustrations with the media.
Why just CNN, are they particularly into this? I don't use CNN much.....

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
Why just CNN, are they particularly into this? I don't use CNN much.....
They (cnn) do participate in left leaning propaganda.. It is more fact driven than foxnoise ( but not entirely factual)...

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
They (cnn) do participate in left leaning propaganda.. It is more fact driven than foxnoise ( but not entirely factual)...
Makes sense from some I've seen....but seems the direction of the straight news is a bit different aside from the opinion stuff....I'd still do CNN over Fox.

ps CNN isn't particularly "left"....it may be more to the left than some on the far right like Fox caters to, tho....

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I don't consider those cults
You don't have to believe in everything CNN says, but I wouldn't call it propaganda because that implies they know they're lying. Faux propagates all the time amongst its main hosts.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis