Are These Finds Good Deals?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Those look a little too vintage for my tastes, but I've never heard them.

These caught my interest tho. A pair of Onyx Reference 3 towers for $1,000. They appear to be quality built speakers and the woofers look a lot like the ones in my Sierra towers, but bigger.

...interesting...
So yeah, I agree. Very interesting. Those look and review like they're something special. 1k for them might well be worth it. I was hoping for some more feedback so I shall bumpeth the post.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
These might not be too bad a deal either. They look like Northridge speakers for $175. I'll bet he could be talked Dow maybe 50 bucks. The center channel looks like a good one.

01010_1ObvjF1QsAmz_0sH0CI_600x450.jpg

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
So yeah, I agree. Very interesting. Those look and review like they're something special. 1k for them might well be worth it. I was hoping for some more feedback so I shall bumpeth the post.

Ever heard ‘em personally, but brands like Onix, Usher (like the ones I posted) and Swans were the darlings of the review mags say fifteen years ago or so...

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Ever heard ‘em personally, but brands like Onix, Usher (like the ones I posted) and Swans were the darlings of the review mags say fifteen years ago or so...
Does that make them vintage? Maybe it's my age, but I don't think of anything post 2000s to be quite vintage yet. Then again, 2000 was 21 years ago... sheesh man. Time flies the older you get. Feels like all the fuss over the Y2K bug wasn't that awful long ago...

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Hell no!

Yes..?

I don't know anymore... :p :p
Right. SMDH
I still remember being back home in the 90s and having the classic rock station on in the car... Deep Purple, Zep, Jimi... into the Peppers! Hell no. Wasn’t right then, not right now!

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
I think RHCP are now considered “adult contemporary”... *shudder*

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Oh no... I just found a pair of Hsu VTF-15Hs for a thousand bucks!

00Q0Q_GhU48dSD7Dz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

Holy poop this is so tempting! I'd have four 15" HSU's! Or I could keep the 15Hs and sell my VTF-3 MK5s for about the same amount!

Man oh man oh man, someone buy these before I do!

Last edited:
K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
Oh no... I just found a pair of Hsu VTF-15Hs for a thousand bucks!

View attachment 45210

Holy poop this is so tempting! I'd have four 15" HSU's! Or I could keep the 15Hs and sell my VTF-3 MK5s for about the same amount!

Man oh man oh man, someone buy these before I do!
hard to see you regretting that purchase and every better if you could offer less

Phoenix has some nice stuff for sale a lot!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
hard to see you regretting that purchase and every better if you could offer less

Phoenix has some nice stuff for sale a lot!
My wife... my wheels are turning but they don't see a way around WAF on this one. I've been really lucky with WAF but 4 figures and 2 more big ass subs is really pushing it. Like, even bringing it up will be very uncomfortable, lol.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Now that's interesting. There's a very similar deal for a pair of Outlaw subs out here too.

*PS: They look like the exact same models!

00X0X_4rEaGQvOZeyz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

I'm still agonizing over the HSUs man, but I think I've talked myself back from the ledge. I don't know that I'd really gain anything. I already have a really good bass response with the 2 I have now, and they're both still under warranty. One of the ones he's selling is 5 years old, so out of warranty.

What makes it tougher to resist is I have the cash on hand right now. I stashed my speaker money in the bedroom from selling my Ultras. Of course the idea is to use that for my new center. Which hasn't shipped yet... sigh.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis