Are These Finds Good Deals?

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
This is something that frustrates me to no end on EBAY - when someone lists something as "new other" and it is most assuredly not. Sorry, if you bought it, took it out of the box and hooked it up, it may be in perfect condition but it is "used" not "new" or "other"...

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Start with 675 and go up to 700 would be a great deal. A little out of my budget just for fun, tho you can probably turn them and at least break even. I've always wanted to listen to a pair of those in my room.
That's a good plan. I've heard them and they sound great. This would be for my computer station for now.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Start with 675 and go up to 700 would be a great deal. A little out of my budget just for fun, tho you can probably turn them and at least break even. I've always wanted to listen to a pair of those in my room.
Well that was quick - $700 it is!

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Some stuff I saw today. Didn't buy, but got some cool vinyl and cds.
IMG_24022021_162756_(1500_x_2000_pixel).jpg
IMG_24022021_162734_(1500_x_2000_pixel).jpg

IMG_24022021_162716_(1500_x_2000_pixel).jpg

Almost got this Wharfedale center, but don't need it.
IMG_24022021_162834_(2000_x_1163_pixel).jpg

Maybe if they were $15 I would have bit. Still $24 is a great deal. Both were gone when I went back.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
View attachment 45038View attachment 45037

View attachment 45036
View attachment 45035
Maybe if they were $15 I would have bit. Still $24 is a great deal. Both were gone when I went back.
If you just need something to power your speakers for music those receivers would do the job just fine. I wonder how those Wharfedales sound? At first glance they looked like plastic htib speakers til I looked closer and saw the cabs. Looks like the diffuser on the center's tweet is busted off, I just saw that.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
If you just need something to power your speakers for music those receivers would do the job just fine. I wonder how those Wharfedales sound? At first glance they looked like plastic htib speakers til I looked closer and saw the cabs. Looks like the diffuser on the center's tweet is busted off, I just saw that.
Those are the Sony CD players that play 300 cds. The big speakers are Sony. Didn't notice about the Whaf. I bet they sound decent. I'm hoping one day they will have SVS or some Boston, JBLspeakers, etc.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Those are the Sony CD players that play 300 cds. The big speakers are Sony. Didn't notice about the Whaf. I bet they sound decent. I'm hoping one day they will have SVS or some Boston, JBLspeakers, etc.
Oh geez, I thought those were old receivers. I didn't look very close. Nope, I don't need any cd players. I ripped my whole library to lossless.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
View attachment 45038View attachment 45037

View attachment 45036
View attachment 45035
My oldest Son has that Sony jukebox CD player doesn't use it anymore still plays well its old like over 10 years old. He has all of his music on a added hard drive thousands of songs.

Z

zman777

Audiophyte
Another picture of the Kenwood JL-901. Good quality sound for $50?

152221013_111870294276198_1969051031674917919_n.jpg

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
There are plenty of review on older speakers... but not for something that came from an 80s/90s rack system. I wouldn’t even pay $50 for either of those.

Kenwood, Pioneer, and Technics are going to be junk 99% of the time. They’ll be loud, boomy, and easy to blow up if you have real amplification.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I don't necessarily know if this is a good rule of thumb or not, but usually the plastic spring clip speaker posts are a hard pass for me.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
I don't necessarily know if this is a good rule of thumb or not, but usually the plastic spring clip speaker posts are a hard pass for me.
Cone tweeters or "chrome" dust caps send me running every time.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Some of those clips are OK, mainly the ones that you can still put banana plugs in, such as some JBL speakers

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
There are plenty of review on older speakers... but not for something that came from an 80s/90s rack system. I wouldn’t even pay $50 for either of those.

Kenwood, Pioneer, and Technics are going to be junk 99% of the time. They’ll be loud, boomy, and easy to blow up if you have real amplification.
True ... many bookshelf speakers beat them

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
Anyone ever seen these? Atlantean 110's? Looks kind of interesting

1614376769138.png

1614376861220.png

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Those look a little too vintage for my tastes, but I've never heard them.

These caught my interest tho. A pair of Onyx Reference 3 towers for $1,000. They appear to be quality built speakers and the woofers look a lot like the ones in my Sierra towers, but bigger.

Attachments

Last edited:
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Those look a little too vintage for my tastes, but I've never heard them.

These caught my interest tho. A pair of Onyx Reference 3 towers for $1,000. They appear to be quality built speakers and the woofers look a lot like the ones in my Sierra towers.

...interesting...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis