Are These Finds Good Deals?

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Now that's interesting. There's a very similar deal for a pair of Outlaw subs out here too.

View attachment 45215


I'm still agonizing over the HSUs man, but I think I've talked myself back from the ledge. I don't know that I'd really gain anything. I already have a really good bass response with the 2 I have now, and they're both still under warranty. One of the ones he's selling is 5 years old, so out of warranty.

What makes it tougher to resist is I have the cash on hand right now. I stashed my speaker money in the bedroom from selling my Ultras. Of course the idea is to use that for my new center. Which hasn't shipped yet... sigh.
I think you are good you don't need those Hsu. BTW are you in a house or apt? don't remember. I had the 8 inch outlaw, but sold it.
 
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Spartan
Oh no... I just found a pair of Hsu VTF-15Hs for a thousand bucks!

View attachment 45210

Holy poop this is so tempting! I'd have four 15" HSU's! Or I could keep the 15Hs and sell my VTF-3 MK5s for about the same amount!

Man oh man oh man, someone buy these before I do!
Read this very carefully, @Pogre . In fact stare. Take it all in; revel in it:

Do it.
You deserve it.
It will be the best thing. EVER!


Got it? ;)
 
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Overlord
I think you are good you don't need those Hsu. BTW are you in a house or apt? don't remember. I had the 8 inch outlaw, but sold it.
I'm in a house and have never had a complaint. I have room for 2 more big subs too. Multiple spots in fact. I can even hide 2 of them!
 
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I'm in a house and have never had a complaint. I have room for 2 more big subs too. Multiple spots in fact. I can even hide 2 of them!
Go for it then if the wife accepts it. Those Outlaws are tempting me, but no space for them unless I sell some stuff again. Those new PB1Kpro also tempting.
 
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Overlord
Might pay 500 for the MK2 but I doubt he'd do that. My MK5s are better subs than the 15H so it'd only drag me down.

I got all excited and skipped right over the fact that they're 2 different models, and there are significant upgrades with the MK2.
 
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Overlord
You could always make an offer on the one, start at 5, maybe go to 550. ;)
I'd love to experiment with a third Sub in my room! :D
I have room too... there's a spot in a corner behind the sectional sofa, out in the kitchen behind me opposite the 2 up front, lots of room in the den off to my right...
 
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Spartan
It's a good deal if he'll play ball. If not, whatevs. :)
 
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Overlord
Just sent him an email and offered 500 for the MK2. Well see if he bites!

If he replies fast enough I can run out and grab it before the missus gets home. I'll stash it behind the couch. She might not see it for a day or 2 that way... :p
 
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Spartan
"What new Sub, Babe?"
...
"Oh, that thing behind the couch? I've had that for a while: just decided to try it out and fix that hole in my FR."
...
"Nah, Hon. You know I wouldn't do that without checking first!"

;)
 
NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Field Marshall
Might pay 500 for the MK2 but I doubt he'd do that. My MK5s are better subs than the 15H so it'd only drag me down.

I got all excited and skipped right over the fact that they're 2 different models, and there are significant upgrades with the MK2.
I was wondering why they looked like they were two different sizes in the photo. Wasn't sure if it was just perspective or that I need more sleep. lol
 
zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
More interesting with a model number but could be interesting anyways..... https://eugene.craigslist.org/ele/d/eugene-speakers-big-and-heavy/7284423964.html
They could be the SB-7000A ... for $25 or free, they can be fixed up ... replace the crossover parts with new ones should be one need
 
Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Overlord
Anyone know anything about these Marantz monoblocks? I've never seen them before. They look old enough that I wouldn't roll the dice but curious all the same.

 
zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
The price is right!

I usually skip over those old vintage style speakers, but those at least have a chance of being decent coming from JBL. Er, Technics? Hm. Might be resellable fixed up.
For you

 
Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic General
Ha, when I said that 99% of anything from Technics was junk the other day, these were the the 1% good I was thinking about. :p
 
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Overlord
Sheeeit... I just saw that HD could get those free just for getting them off the seller's hands! They don't look like there's a lot of fixing up to do aside from a little cosmetic work. I might even bite if that was local.
 

newsletter
  • RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis
Top