Are These Finds Good Deals?

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
Ok, I don't have room for them anyways but never heard of them so thought I would ask while I'm diving into "Vintage" speakers for fun

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
This looks to have some potential. A 5.1 set of Infinity speakers and sub for $550. I'm not familiar with this line of speakers (Alpha/Beta) but my experience with Infinity has been very positive. Well, for speakers at least. Not sure about the sub.

00c0c_6tQRefYdf0bz_0ak07K_600x450.jpg

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
Ok One of my major finds that I flipped to my current JBL line up was a purchase of 2 Infinity Beta 50s and the larger matching 3 way center (which had a blown tweeter that I happened to have the part for) for $100. Great purchase. I sold for $400 then bought my JBL 590s and Infinity RC263 setup with that money plus a little more.

The BETA 50s are good towers are good. The Alpha line was a predecessor. I don't know if I would personally break out $550 for that setup. But it wouldn't be a bad purchase even at that price.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Ok One of my major finds that I flipped to my current JBL line up was a purchase of 2 Infinity Beta 50s and the larger matching 3 way center (which had a blown tweeter that I happened to have the part for) for $100. Great purchase. I sold for $400 then bought my JBL 590s and Infinity RC263 setup with that money plus a little more.

The BETA 50s are good towers are good. The Alpha line was a predecessor. I don't know if I would personally break out $550 for that setup. But it wouldn't be a bad purchase even at that price.
So the Betas are a newer version of the Alphas? I'm still looking both up and they're very similar in looks and specs.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Check out these crazy looking line array type speakers. Polk SDA SRS 1.2. No price listed but I'm sure they aren't cheap.

00h0h_kmmNrTzInVk_0e70t2_600x450.jpg
00s0s_dN6kYO7Q2aJz_0mX0t2_600x450.jpg

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
So the Betas are a newer version of the Alphas? I'm still looking both up and they're very similar in looks and specs.
It's very good that speakers is not like software for otherwise you should avoid the Alpha like the plague, though the Beta might not be that much better :)

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
The Beta was decent/nice sounding and better than the former Primus series

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
Yeah, it's a good set if they work perfectly. I lucked out on my set for $100 obviously. This has a lessor center and more speakers (2 Alphas and a sub). I know you probably aren't buying but for others, it would be a good get for $300-$350 is my guess.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Check out these crazy looking line array type speakers. Polk SDA SRS 1.2. No price listed but I'm sure they aren't cheap.

View attachment 44989View attachment 44990

I actually got to audition those back in the 80's killer sound stage. But at the time the price was of a new car.

Last edited:
John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
These are really tempting, listed at $770.
Curious to see of the seller will come down - ReCert from A4L is just $800...
I found a nice looking pair of LS50s out here too, for 700. They didn't last long, maybe a week.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
That's what I was thinking of offering - maybe start at $675...
Start with 675 and go up to 700 would be a great deal. A little out of my budget just for fun, tho you can probably turn them and at least break even. I've always wanted to listen to a pair of those in my room.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis