Are These Finds Good Deals?

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Sticking with Canton, these Karats don't really stand out in the looks department, but upon a little digging I'm reading they had among the flattest measuring fr of speakers available at the time. 800 bones tho...
A good deal for around $450

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
He says these are CT-90's but I'm fairly sure they are CT-100's due to being 4 way speakers.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Um... So these were listed for $300 last week. I had meant to message and tell them they had a better chance of getting that price if they refoamed them first.

Then I woke up to this:

$1000?!? Wut?!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
So... I found these Hales Concept 2 speakers for $500 with a center, cheap sub and a receiver. Apparently these were $5000 speakers new, 20 years ago? Never heard of them, but saw a couple of positive reviews.

00e0e_1lhpALheWr7z_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah, the reviews date back to 2009. The Monitor line is their cheapest tower. OK at that price point but nothing special.
Well, I didn't post them thinking they were a good deal or anything. Just poking fun at the rolled up condom driver they use.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

So... I found these Hales Concept 2 speakers for $500 with a center, cheap sub and a receiver. Apparently these were $5000 speakers new, 20 years ago? Never heard of them, but saw a couple of positive reviews.

View attachment 44943

Hah, "Thiel" was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw that pic.

Mmmm if only those had been revelation 3's for that price! :D

The tower speakers are the only part of that deal that have any value. Maybe $250 or $300 for those alone but they won't be an easy sell if you don't keep them. The rest is fodder.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Hah, "Thiel" was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw that pic.

Mmmm if only those had been revelation 3's for that price! :D

The tower speakers are the only part of that deal that have any value. Maybe $250 or $300 for those alone but they won't be an easy sell if you don't keep them. The rest is fodder.
I found a pair of Thiel CS 1.5 for $500 also. I'm a little more familiar with Thiel as a company, but no experience listening to anything.

00J0J_cv3olwxOomXz_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
I found a pair of Thiel CS 1.5 for $500 also. I'm a little more familiar with Thiel as a company, but no experience listening to anything.

View attachment 44945

did you see the polk lsim 703s listed in sun city?.. he wants too much , but if he got realistic ($450 or less ) i'd be interested..

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
did you see the polk lsim 703s listed in sun city?.. he wants too much , but if he got realistic ($450 or less ) i'd be interested..
I did see those and am thinking along the same lines. They're asking a bit much for used, but decent speakers.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Here is the Marantz. Knobs are at the cash register. They lowered the price, but still there:
IMG_22022021_152419_(2200_x_1650_pixel).jpg

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
They're 30 year old speakers and retailed for $500 new. What I'm seeing is owners of tube amps like them because they're pretty sensitive at 92 dB. They wouldn't really interest me.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis