3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
If people had any sense, they would avoid contact and proximity to others, just like they do when someone has another communicable disease, but they don't think this will affect them. The ones who can't avoid it (first responders, care givers, etc) are the ones I'm worried about- the Spring Breakers and others who congregate in large groups in the face of the warnings are idiots and can kiss my ass. Should we really need to be told what to do every time something is poised to kill us? I don't think so, but I guess you think it's OK for people to sit on their butts and wait for instructions.
You should stop assuming what I think because you'll never get it right. ;) That said, I am in total agreement with you about people not taking this seriously. But there are many who believe every word that Trump says. (Blame those who elected him in. ) As the nation's leader, he has the moral obligation to look after his people. He had the oppertunity to act preventatively much earlier on but he chose to ignore the plain facts and is even late in reacting reactively.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
As the nation's leader, he has the moral obligation to look after his people.
agreed

He had the oppertunity to act preventatively much earlier on but he chose to ignore the plain facts and is even late in reacting reactively.
before you get to carried away with blaming him for everything you should look no further than the idiot Mayor of NYC and the Governor of NY. 5 Years ago Cuomo touted a need for more ventilators and what did he do........spent 1 billion dollars of tax payer money on three different business ventures that went nowhere !

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Right now, I think most Americans would take any former President since Ford to be in office right now. Democratic or Republican.
Gosh, my initial reaction to that was "bleep off- thats ridiculous!"

And then I think about it. By a lot of metrics that matter to me and my life, he's been a good President. Keeping in mind that I don't have to like the guy and I'm not inviting him over to a BBQ anytime soon. But I think you're right. I don't see anything from him now that makes me think "leader". It'd be impossible to expect him to make every right decision- a lot hangs in a lot of balances; but sincere confidence, transparency, and some empathy he does not possess.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I don't think you have. The total millitary deaths for the US is 1,354,664 , only about half from combat. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_military_casualties_of_war)

If Corona virus kills 1% of americans, that's 3.6 million.

If Trumps reaction means1% more than would otherwise happen (say: because not enough ventilatiors) than he will have killed twice as many Americans as all of our wars combines ( the exception might be civilian casualties from the revolutionary and domestic wars; but the difference between management and complete miss management appears to be 5%-10%.
If this kills 1% of the US population, the lack of cooperation by the American public will be a major cause. When people go out to crowded places after they were told to stay home, this will spread unnecessarily. They can't know if they're infecting people with underlying health issues and that makes the irresponsible ones very dangerous. In Milwaukee, the hot zone is a very small section of the city and the active cases accounted for over 10% of the state's total, as of Thursday (IIRC). Also, one senior health care facility has been hit very hard because some of the staff have worked at more than one place, according to the facility- they have implemented a policy where staff work at only one place.

Ventilators take time to manufacture- they aren't like some products that can be made by the thousands in a short time but I have to ask why large manufacturers didn't immediately step up and ask "What can we do?".

As I have said many times, Trump needs handlers and a muzzle. He needs to listen to the experts and to trust them.

highfigh

highfigh

It's cheaper. It uses fewer resources. It's allows rural areas to even exist (as opposed to suburban sprawl), its better for the environment, and it makes industrialization possible.
And, by being in almost constant contact or proximity to many other people, diseases are much easier to spread. As far as being cheaper, the impact of high population on all of the city's infrastructure is far higher than when smaller cities/towns/villages are de-centralized and can install/maintain their own. How does high density population use fewer resources? If you're referring only to mass transit, you missed the point.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
If this kills 1% of the US population, the lack of cooperation by the American public will be a major cause. When people go out to crowded places after they were told to stay home, this will spread unnecessarily. They can't know if they're infecting people with underlying health issues and that makes the irresponsible ones very dangerous. In Milwaukee, the hot zone is a very small section of the city and the active cases accounted for over 10% of the state's total, as of Thursday (IIRC). Also, one senior health care facility has been hit very hard because some of the staff have worked at more than one place, according to the facility- they have implemented a policy where staff work at only one place.

Ventilators take time to manufacture- they aren't like some products that can be made by the thousands in a short time but I have to ask why large manufacturers didn't immediately step up and ask "What can we do?".

As I have said many times, Trump needs handlers and a muzzle. He needs to listen to the experts and to trust them.
Speaking of ventilators, I came across this, this morning.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
before you get to carried away with blaming him for everything you should look no further than the idiot Mayor of NYC and the Governor of NY. 5 Years ago Cuomo touted a need for more ventilators and what did he do........spent 1 billion dollars of tax payer money on three different business ventures that went nowhere !
Do you actually believe everything Trump says?

But even if your (Trump's) statements were true, to equate buying ventilators on a "worst-case" speculative basis (which is what you are accusing Cuomo of not doing) with not reacting to the reality of "a clear and present danger" as reported by the experts watching the countries exposed before the US, is ill-informed. "Theoretical" vs "immediate" are two totally different ball games when you are talking preparation for a crisis!

Trump was busy figuring out how best to play the virus to keep the economy up (for his ratings) and his best play was to pretend like the virus was not consequential to the US and he made statements like There are only 15 cases in the USA and that will be down to zero soon (which shows total ignorance). I have a hard time thinking anyone would buy that story.

Please answer one question for me! Do you think Trump believed that the number of cases in the US would be down from 15 to zero in a couple of weeks? Did you believe that? Do you think Trump believed it? How do you square it?

Last edited:
jgferg

jgferg

Audiophyte
That still doesnt excuse the fact that Trump is an incompetant narcistic fcuktard. Its no surprise that US is now the new epicenter of COVID19 with Trump's response like that of an Ostrich but instead of shoving their head in the stand, he sticks it up his ass. You have to be nice to me to get a respirator. Trump is without doubt, the worlds biggest asshole and this shows that he cannot get out of the way of his ego to help those in need
Stop watching the mainstream media lies. Start spending some time finding out what is really going on. This whole virus thing will come out as one of the greatest hoaxes ever perpetrated on the world. Wait and see.

jgferg

jgferg

Audiophyte
Hey all you people that are holding OUR President responsible for this virus and/or believes that his leadership ability is somehow lacking: You have been, and still are, being deceived by the PROPAGANDA that is being vomited out by the media. Weather you believe it or not, there IS a globalist AGENDA to defeat Trump and to RUIN this country, and this manufactured, weaponized virus is just the latest weapon in their arsenal. Those with blinders on who just want to react instead of thinking for themselves, those who obstinately hold on to their unfounded HATE for this man are contributing to our demise. Is that really what you want? You want the country to go down so you can feel justified that you ‘knew’ he would fail as a leader? If so, then you honestly do not see what is at stake here; we ARE in a war, not only with a virus, but, as the President says, with ‘an unseen enemy’.
Up until recently, have you not benefitted in some manner from the roaring economy? Tax cuts? Are you unhappy that jobs have been coming back to our country? How about new trade deals with other countries? Deals that benefit OUR farmers and manufacturers. Energy independence? How about peace with North Korea, for God’s sake?
Open your eyes and STOP dinking the Kool-Aid and eating up the manufactured pabulum being spoon-fed to you. Take a look around and dare to question instead of blindly agreeing with every ‘Hate Trump’ narrative you hear just because the media has you convinced that you are in the majority and that everyone is laughing with you. Unplug from the collective for just a moment and raise your head above the heard. You are being MANIPULATED, or, as you put it, FOOLED, but not by Trump.
Donald Trump is not perfect, but he is the FIRST president I can remember that has done, and continues to do, what he promised when he campaigned, in spite of the relentless attacks from ‘both sides’. I challenge you to just step back and ask the question, ‘why is the media and the Dem’s so aligned against Trump?’ Pull back the curtain and look beyond your comfort zone just once. It won’t hurt.

You could start here:
https://www.walkawaycampaign.com/about-more

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
This whole virus thing will come out as one of the greatest hoaxes ever perpetrated on the world.
Weather you believe it or not, there IS a globalist AGENDA to defeat Trump and to RUIN this country, and this manufactured, weaponized virus is just the latest weapon in their arsenal.
... we ARE in a war, not only with a virus, but, as the President says, with ‘an unseen enemy’.
What is your point?
Whether you believe this is a weaponized virus or not, Trump's response is making it much more damaging to our country than it should be.
Either way, we still have an epidemic that needs to be managed intelligently!
If the intent was to show how poorly the USA responds under Trump's leadership compared to other countries, it is, unfortunately, working!

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
What is your point?
Whether you believe this is a weaponized virus or not, Trump's response is making it much more damaging to our country than it should be.
Either way, we still have an epidemic that needs to be managed intelligently!
If the intent was to show how poorly the USA responds under Trump's leadership compared to other countries, it is, unfortunately, working!
You are not going to have any kind of worthwhile discussion with someone that far out. The only reason I am leaving his posts there is because it serves as a reminder that yes, these people do exist.

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
If this kills 1% of the US population, the lack of cooperation by the American public will be a major cause.
Yes. It will mean they went to work or otherwise left their house.

When people go out to crowded places after they were told to stay home, this will spread unnecessarily.
It seems to me that the leaders, both official (PotUS for example), and quasi-official (church leaders), and unofficial (FOX and Friends) have often pushed them exactly that way. Saying "we have it very well under control", "come to church", and "it's no worse than the flu" respectively.

It's easy to say "the German people are responsible for Hitler"; but it turns out that most any population under the same conditions is susceptible to the same thing. We've seen it over and over.

I'd go quite a bit farther than that; but we agree that he is part of the problem.

You understand that my governor still opposes them (https://www.wsj.com/articles/floridas-governor-dissents-on-lockdowns-11585264913) and we've got calls to sacrifice whomever dies for the sake of the economy?

The rich are still vacationing as well. Hell: Trump is still travelling last I checked.

And, by being in almost constant contact or proximity to many other people, diseases are much easier to spread.
Everything has its down sides.

As far as being cheaper, the impact of high population on all of the city's infrastructure is far higher than when smaller cities/towns/villages are de-centralized and can install/maintain their own. How does high density population use fewer resources? If you're referring only to mass transit, you missed the point.
You are an electrician and you need to run power cable to two homes. The first home is 1000 feet from the end of where the cables run now, and the second home is past that. In one case, the two homes are city townhomes. In the other case, they are ranch houses each on 10 acres of their own property. Which takes more time? Which uses more copper? Which has more linear footage to have an issue.

You are doing road construction. The road is being extended for two more houses added right to the end of the existing street. These are either two townhomes or two ranch houses each on 10 acres of property. Which takes more reasources.

You need to clear land to build two houses that are each 1500 ft^2. In one case, they are two 3-story town homes right off the street. They are using roadside parking and take 500 ft^2 of land to build on. In the other case they are single-story ranch houses on acerage. They require about 2000' of driveway and take 1500 ft^2 of land (plus easments) to build.

You need to go to the grocery store. There's one store per 500 households and you are the farthest you can be, so you need to drive past 250 houses to get to it. In one case, the frontage on each of the houses (ranch houses on acreage) is 2000'. In the other, the frontage on each (3-story town home) is 45'. Which takes more resources to drive?

You are a delivery driver bringing goods to 2 grocery stores. They are 500 houses apart.

and so on and so forth.

but I have to ask why large manufacturers didn't immediately step up and ask "What can we do?".
That has more than one answer.

1) the government was saying "it's not a big deal". I can quote Trump 3 weeks ago on that. I can quote him more recently saying that we didn't need the number of ventilators we actually need.
2) It turns out: Big business isn't spending any time looking out for you. I know this is shocking, but capitalism is inherently not promoting social welfare.
3) Some did. Musk (who should be rightly pilloried for himself dismissing the severity of this) did come up and offer. He was mocked.
4) In places where the government was paying attention and asked; we go that. See Dyson.

So I'd say the question is: Why wasn't the US government taking the threat of a pandemic seriously? Especially after the Swine Flu and Ebola? Why was our dedicated pandemic team disbanded and the responsibility put back under a different group that already had a different job.

We don't elect leaders that take these things seriously because we have the memory of goldfish (the cracker, not the fish).

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
You are not going to have any kind of worthwhile discussion with someone that far out. The only reason I am leaving his posts there is because it serves as a reminder that yes, these people do exist.
Thats just fcuking scarey. Clearly a real lack of education.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Maybe he is really just doing a 180 out of this? He cannot be serious or sincere?

Oh he also needs to know which weather/whether applies. ;) :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis