highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Since I'm "essential", I was driving into work this morning. I woman rode my butt on the interstate so close taht I was shouting "That's NOT proper social distancing!"
That's Milwaukee area drivers, for ya.

Paul DS

Paul DS

Full Audioholic
I wonder why it seems that 9 out of 10 times when I get tailgated it's a woman.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I wonder why it seems that 9 out of 10 times when I get tailgated it's a woman.
If it’s different woman, you must be hot!;)
If it’s the same woman, you have a stalker and you clearly did something to p!ss her off! :eek:

:p:D:cool:

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
From a personal perspective, here are a couple of thoughts I have found useful in this period.

1) It is my objective not to tie up a bed/ventilator that could otherwise save another life!
That helps me maintain my resolve/conviction and willingness to confront others being reckless about exposure!
I am 62 and in reasonably good health, but, based on what I have read, I cannot rule out the possibility that I might need a ventilator to survive. Because of my age/health, I think I would "win" at triage, but I surely do not want to be in the position of taking someone else's spot if I can help it!

2) Consider setting up lawn chairs outside for family and friends that are very close, but not in your household. My girlfriend was having a hard time with the idea of not seeing her daughter (who lives nearby) and planned to have them visit. This was an easy solution because she already has a fire-pit in the back yard with chairs in about a 12' circle. Between being outdoors and being more than 6' apart, I believe the chance of exposure is very low.

Honestly, I might not have thought about the fire pit except the daughter's fiance is an EMT and they share their home with another couple where the gal works at a day-care center. Thus, their risk of exposure is high! But as an afterthought, this is an easy solution for anyone who wants to maintain a barrier within their own household but still spend some time with loved ones.

3) If you have a cough or sneeze, just stay home!
I have heard several people say it is just seasonal allergies. They are adults and know their bodies, so I generally believe them! However, given that this virus can be asymptomatic and a person could carry it for two weeks without even knowing they have it leaves open the possibility that the virus is getting a "free ride" on non-virus sneezes!

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

3) If you have a cough or sneeze, just stay home!
I have heard several people say it is just seasonal allergies. They are adults and know their bodies, so I generally believe them! However, given that this virus can be asymptomatic and a person could carry it for two weeks without even knowing they have it leaves open the possibility that the virus is getting a "free ride" on non-virus sneezes!
I had a medical appointment two-1/2 weeks ago and asked about the symptoms- they assured me that I don't have it. The following Monday, I had another and called to make sure I didn't have the symptoms- was told I don't have it. Last week, I called and was told by different people that I don't have it. I have had a slight cough (not what I know as a 'dry' cough), sneezing and occasional runny nose. I have read and heard (all from medical professionals) that if head congestion and sneezing are involved without fever & weakness/fatigue, it's not COVID-19.

That said, I have also read/heard that it can carry far farther than 6' in the air and there are more asymptomatic carriers than we can know.

Getting tired of sitting on my butt (my toe hasn't completely healed and I won't become more active until I'm comfortable with being on my feet for longer periods and walking farther).

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

It's strange that we can't go into debt when there's an actual issue; but the debt to give tax breaks to people and corporations was OK.

It's strange that they are worrying now about "dooming Americans to a future of poverty and hunger", but don't care about a present of poverty and hunger.

It's like the only thing they care about is corporate profits.
What is so strange about this? ;)
It is not the first time. Remember when we were in a "real war" and the same happened? :)

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

I had a medical appointment two-1/2 weeks ago and asked about the symptoms- they assured me that I don't have it. The following Monday, I had another and called to make sure I didn't have the symptoms- was told I don't have it. Last week, I called and was told by different people that I don't have it. I have had a slight cough (not what I know as a 'dry' cough), sneezing and occasional runny nose. I have read and heard (all from medical professionals) that if head congestion and sneezing are involved without fever & weakness/fatigue, it's not COVID-19.

That said, I have also read/heard that it can carry far farther than 6' in the air and there are more asymptomatic carriers than we can know.

Getting tired of sitting on my butt (my toe hasn't completely healed and I won't become more active until I'm comfortable with being on my feet for longer periods and walking farther).
Did you have a soar throat? My colds start with one, then in a day or two nose starts running.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
That pretty much sounds like BS to me. It may be that if the sneeze/cough were from Covid-19 you would have fever, but if you can be an asymptomatic carrier, I don't see how it is reasonable to rule out that you might be a carrier without symptoms.
The medical facilities (like my dermatologist and dentist) near Atlanta (this is two weeks ago) had a checklist about travel and symptoms. If you did not have any or only one or two (I don't know their specific acceptance requirement, but I had flown to Mexico at the end of February, but they decided I was "clean").
I kind of figured that they (at that point in time) wanted to stay open and the check-sheet was the best they could do given the absence of a readily available test. Obviously, that checksheet would not stop any asymptomatic carrier!

highfigh

highfigh

That pretty much sounds like BS to me. It may be that if the sneeze/cough were from Covid-19 you would have fever, but if you can be an asymptomatic carrier, I don't see how it is reasonable to rule out that you might be a carrier without symptoms.
The medical facilities (like my dermatologist and dentist) near Atlanta (this is two weeks ago) had a checklist about travel and symptoms. If you did not have any or only one or two (I don't know their specific acceptance requirement, but I had flown to Mexico at the end of February, but they decided I was "clean").
I kind of figured that they (at that point in time) wanted to stay open and the check-sheet was the best they could do given the absence of a readily available test. Obviously, that checksheet would not stop any asymptomatic carrier!
The charts I saw were the result of surveying a good number of COVID patients and almost none had the head cold symptoms. Haven't had a sore throat and that's usually where a cold starts with me, usually where sinus drains. I have checked temperature and never seen anything above normal, for me. No chest tightness or shortness of breath at all.

I was on antibiotics for almost two weeks and I even asked if that would have tempered any symptoms- they said it wouldn't and the doctors had no problem being in contact with me. I have paid great attention to any changes in possible symptoms and have had none, aside from a decrease in coughing and stuffy head. Honestly,. I feel great, but a bit bored.

highfigh

highfigh

Did you have a soar throat? My colds start with one, then in a day or two nose starts running.
Same, for me. Then, I get cranky and want soup. :)

A couple of years ago, I had something that lasted a month and the sore throat was about the same as I remember from when my tonsils were removed. I went in to be checked out and they didn't find anything definitive, like strep throat, either. All things considered, the worst part of getting a cold for me is the sore throat. I had a slight one for part of a day, but had been working outside in cold, wind and a bit of rain.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
The charts I saw were the result of surveying a good number of COVID patients and almost none had the head cold symptoms. Haven't had a sore throat and that's usually where a cold starts with me, usually where sinus drains. I have checked temperature and never seen anything above normal, for me. No chest tightness or shortness of breath at all.

I was on antibiotics for almost two weeks and I even asked if that would have tempered any symptoms- they said it wouldn't and the doctors had no problem being in contact with me. I have paid great attention to any changes in possible symptoms and have had none, aside from a decrease in coughing and stuffy head. Honestly,. I feel great, but a bit bored.
I think I get what you are saying, I just have a very hard time believing that it is impossible to have both a head cold and Covid-19 at the same time or that Covid-19 would somehow relieve you of the head cold symptoms!!

highfigh

highfigh

I think I get what you are saying, I just have a very hard time believing that it is impossible to have both a head cold and Covid-19 at the same time or that Covid-19 would somehow relieve you of the head cold symptoms!!
I think the fact that I have a head cold and none of the other COVID symptoms means I'm safe, to some degree,. although it doesn't preclude the possibility that I'm COVID asymptomatic. If anything, the antibiotic may have attenuated the cold although, come to think of it, I was already coughing before I went in for my first DR appointment and they didn't put me in a bag.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
I saw an article on line about patients who had tested positive for both the virus that causes COVID-19 and at least one other respiratory virus. I seem to recall it was a small sample size of patients but something like 10-12% of people who tested positive for COVID-19 also had another virus. I’ll try to find the link.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
I saw an article on line about patients who had tested positive for both the virus that causes COVID-19 and at least one other respiratory virus. I seem to recall it was a small sample size of patients but something like 10-12% of people who tested positive for COVID-19 also had another virus. I’ll try to find the link.
From the article:

>>>About 1 in 5 people with COVID-19 are also infected with other respiratory viruses, according to a preliminary analysis led by Ian Brown, MD, a clinical associate professor of emergency medicine at the Stanford School of Medicine.

In addition, the analysis found that about 1 in 10 people who exhibit symptoms of respiratory illness at an emergency department, and who are subsequently diagnosed with a common respiratory virus, are co-infected with the COVID-19 virus.<<<

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I heard that the Florida state governor is refusing to put the state in lock down. WTF? I also know that other states are not in lockdown. Why arent they? Are these leaders willing to take one for the team? I did some math around Canadian and US statistics on todays snapshot. If I took the US pecentage of infected people compared to population, Canada would have 88000 infected people but Canada has 8000 infected people. This prooves that lockdown is working.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis