JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
Apparently, you have never seen the death tolls for the (too) many wars in human history.
I don't think you have. The total millitary deaths for the US is 1,354,664 , only about half from combat. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_military_casualties_of_war)

If Corona virus kills 1% of americans, that's 3.6 million.

If Trumps reaction means1% more than would otherwise happen (say: because not enough ventilatiors) than he will have killed twice as many Americans as all of our wars combines ( the exception might be civilian casualties from the revolutionary and domestic wars; but the difference between management and complete miss management appears to be 5%-10%.

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
This is the kind of event that makes me wonder why so many in one of the parties want people to live in cities where mass transit is the only way to move around if they don't walk or bike.
It's cheaper. It uses fewer resources. It's allows rural areas to even exist (as opposed to suburban sprawl), its better for the environment, and it makes industrialization possible.

Paul DS

Paul DS

Full Audioholic
I looked up the deaths from the 1918 Spanish Flu and it was estimated that there were from 20 to 50 million deaths from this Flu.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Although it comes from a comedy show, this interview asks and authoritatively answers more relevant questions than anything I have seen lately!
A truly worthwhile way to spend 13-1/2 minutes!
And to anyone worried about it, this is not a Trump bashing session:

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
I looked up the deaths from the 1918 Spanish Flu and it was estimated that there were from 20 to 50 million deaths from this Flu.
That is correct. The 1918 flu is the worst in recorded history.

There are flus that kill many people, there are flus that infect many people... rare is a flu that does both. The 1918 Flu (which I believe is suspected of being a swine flu) was one of the rare exceptions.

There will be more.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Although it comes from a comedy show, this interview asks and authoritatively answers more relevant questions than anything I have seen lately!
This is a great interview!

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
A bummer! The uploader has not made it available in Canada.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Seems us on the other side of the pond gets some special treatment here :D
Previously with that Wash/post or NYT aeticle we discussed VPNs, I used a Canadian Server to access the article. Figured it's gotta work in reverse! :p

@Trell ; where is home for you? :)

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
It's sad and disturbing to read this:

Medical Expert Who Corrects Trump Is Now a Target of the Far Right:

"Dr. Anthony Fauci, the administration’s most outspoken advocate of emergency virus measures, faces a torrent of false claims that he is mobilizing to undermine the president.​
...​
The torrent of falsehoods aimed at discrediting Dr. Fauci is another example of the hyperpartisan information flow that has driven a wedge into the way Americans think. For the past few years, far-right supporters of President Trump have regularly vilified those whom they see as opposing him. Even so, the campaign against Dr. Fauci stands out because he is one of the world’s leading infectious disease experts and a member of Mr. Trump’s virus task force, and it is unfolding as the government battles a pathogen that is rapidly spreading in the United States."​

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
If I remember correctly People voted for D.T. Because he was not a politician...that’s ok, until you need a politician.

Right now, I think most Americans would take any former President since Ford to be in office right now. Democratic or Republican.

S

Sleqzypig

Audioholic Intern
Star Trek 5 the undiscovered country? Ouch you must be running a high fever. I like the Steely dan though. I love my box set on cd.

S

Sleqzypig

Audioholic Intern
Perhaps you intended to post in another thread?
He mentioned that he watched it in quarantine. I actually own it in a box set but I will grab one of the other trek films before that one.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis