John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Why CDs and vinyl? I can think of loads of things that are less "essential"...
1584650492035.png

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Picked up some vinyl and CD's at my local thrift store. Sneak peek of the sub I also picked up on the left. 14 bucks. Come on get happy!
View attachment 34486
WOW, all those CDs and vinyl for only $14? Most would pay that much for just one of those albums or CDs! And I've got that Gino Vanelli LP, probably paid full price way back then.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Why CDs and vinyl? I can think of loads of things that are less "essential"...
View attachment 34759
Amazon has it's priorities messed up. On April 18 I ordered some face masks that we all see everyone wearing these days. Amazon says the package should arrive between JUNE 8 - JUNE 29! Eight days after I ordered the masks, April 26 I ordered some rubber drive belts so I can try to fix an old cassette player with worn drive belts. Those arrived on MAY 2!

T

timmyleohoward

Audioholic Intern
That's a nice looking entry level TT! I really dig the industrial design of the tonearm/assembly.
I'm thinking of purchasing a turntable.
I'm looking at the Fluance. Any suggestions for a new vinyl player for around $300?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

T

timmyleohoward

Audioholic Intern
I'm looking at the Fluance. Any suggestions for a new vinyl player for around $300?

No suitcases please...lol

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai

Well, you are on the right thread - did you read through it? There are two examples of what you re looking for from Sony and Audio-Technica right on this very page. Others that come to mind in your price range, besides the Fluance you mentioned. are the u-turn Audio Orbit Plus, Music Hall MMF 1.3 and Marantz TT42. All of them should offer similar performance and no suitcases to be found!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Amazon has it's priorities messed up. On April 18 I ordered some face masks that we all see everyone wearing these days. Amazon says the package should arrive between JUNE 8 - JUNE 29! Eight days after I ordered the masks, April 26 I ordered some rubber drive belts so I can try to fix an old cassette player with worn drive belts. Those arrived on MAY 2!
Priorities or simply availability of stock?

T

timmyleohoward

Audioholic Intern
What's a good turntable for around $350?

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
What's a good turntable for around $350?

did you look at the suggestions given to you ? therein lies answers for you, increasing your budget by 50 bucks will do little to nothing with regards to an upgrade. You will need to dbl / triple that to see improvements.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
did you look at the suggestions given to you ? therein lies answers for you, increasing your budget by 50 bucks will do little to nothing with regards to an upgrade. You will need to dbl / triple that to see improvements.
Agreed. It does open the door to Pro-ject but SQ will not be all that different/improved - just a few features to pick and chose from.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I personally wouldn’t pay $300-350 for TT. I got two TT for cheap at my local thrift store. On one of them I just needed to change the belt. You can see my posts a couple of pages back on this thread(pages 51 and 53). I also saw some on Craigslist $50 and up, but got lucky at my local thrift store which are closed at the moment unfortunately.

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I say unless you already have a vinyl collection there is little reason to start one. Outside of the very real warm fuzzies you get from handling and admiring the discs and equipment (a very well- balanced and engineered turntable really is a pleasure to watch an action), it just doesn't compare to the fidelity you can get with digital.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
These are $45 Panasonic and $50 JVC mint like condition on my local Fl Broward Craigslist and not suitcases size:
EBD18345-BAF7-4ED4-9C5A-EAFB8243302F.jpeg

7458ED14-C465-4667-AFD2-DE04DDD0FEDF.jpeg

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis