The Mandalorian, A New Hope For Star Wars?

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
She’ll have to be a gay minority too, possibly transgender. You know, for full wokeness. Lol
They take their helmets off, just not in front of other people, it was stated in the series, but yes when I first heard that in the beginning, I also thought that would be a be a smell that no one wants to be a part of ;)

Last edited:
S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Episode 5 was good. I guess I’ll forget episode 4 ever happened. LOL :)

B

baronvonellis

Audioholic
Meh, nothing much is happening in the show or explaining about the kid. Ep 5 not much happened, and at the end he was at the same exact point as the beginning of the EP, nothing advanced the plot.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Meh, nothing much is happening in the show or explaining about the kid. Ep 5 not much happened, and at the end he was at the same exact point as the beginning of the EP, nothing advanced the plot.
Think episode 4 and 5 are filler. I hope episode 6 gets better. Ep5 was at least not as bad as ep4. :)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
After slowing down a bit for a couple of episodes, this last one got it in gear! There were a couple of nice payoffs and the ending leaves me kinda stoked for season 2 now. Mando's coming into his own!

A pleasant surprise for me is Gina Carano. She's a former MMA fighter turned actor and I've known of her for a long time from her fighting days. She's a legit badass. I think she's killing it with this series and she's come a long way. She's become one of the reasons this show has grown on me.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
After slowing down a bit for a couple of episodes, this last one got it in gear! There were a couple of nice payoffs and the ending leaves me kinda stoked for season 2 now. Mando's coming into his own!

A pleasant surprise for me is Gina Carano. She's a former MMA fighter turned actor and I've known of her for a long time from her fighting days. She's a legit badass. I think she's killing it with this series and she's come a long way. She's become one of the reasons this show has grown on me.
It doesn't hurt that she is also beautiful!
I am enjoying the show very much. Overall, a winner!
For criticism, there do seem to be occasional scenes that are belabored a bit longer than they need to be like
when Mando gets upset that the android is about to nobly sacrifice his "life" to save baby Yoda at the mouth of the cave - the point was made but they continued to wallow in it a bit before moving on!
. I also thought
Mando would have been savvy enough (considering his profession) to consider that the Storm Troopers may have been listening to his radio call to the old man (which revealed that the old man actually had Yoda and was headed back to the ship). Mando talked him into coming, but then sold him out via the radio!
That is the difference between a movie where more effort is put into sweating the details and figuring what to leave on the cutting room floor and a TV series! Also not a fan of the 4 minutes worth of credits at the end (4 minutes may be an exaggeration, but not by much). I do appreciate the option to skip the intro!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Thought I'd chime in now that I did the deep dive. Mind I didn't read the whole thread.
Great effort? No.
Better than watching cooking competitions? Well, The Lady came and joined me in my room and we power watched the first 7 episodes over 2 nights, finishing with ep8 last night. So, YES. ;)

In general I enjoyed it. Could have been a little deeper in parts, but I'm certain they were running Lean and trying not to disappoint on the effect side. More than anything, I really enjoyed watching Mandalore rise! Ever since Empire, all we got was a cartoon, until this. ;)

Am I satisfied? Yes.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
So, if that is baby Yoda that we know his future to be, isn't he some 700 years old? Is this story 700 years in the past of the time we know SW to be?
If so, not much evolution has taken place.

B

Blue Dude

Audioholic
So, if that is baby Yoda that we know his future to be, isn't he some 700 years old? Is this story 700 years in the past of the time we know SW to be?
If so, not much evolution has taken place.
It's not Yoda, just a child of the same species.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
It's not Yoda, just a child of the same species.
Thanks. Better half just discovered this info.But it seem he has the force too. Now wonder if the species as a whole has it

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Thanks. Better half just discovered this info.But it seem he has the force too. Now wonder if the species as a whole has it
Yes his species is known to be force sensitive, tho there are only 3 known to exist in all of Star Wars. Yoda, Yaddle (a female Jedi) and now baby Mando-Yoda.
yoda.png
Yaddle-SWE.jpg

baby-yoda-soup.jpg

P

PEspo

Enthusiast
Seems to be a pattern, conservative budget season one, measure success and invest. Hoping next season pushes it over the top for me. Regardless... my new granddaughter will be baby Yoda next Halloween! Love that kid!

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
The Mandalorian, A New Hope For Star Wars?

IMHO, No! Disney can't make Star Wars.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Seems to be a pattern, conservative budget season one, measure success and invest. Hoping next season pushes it over the top for me. Regardless... my new granddaughter will be baby Yoda next Halloween! Love that kid!
After a little slowdown for a couple episodes I thought the last one knocked it out of the park. I think you're right about being conservative at first. Anyhoo, I went from "meh" to looking forward to season 2 now.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Completed the series yesterday and quite liked it. Unfortunately, I have to wait a while for the next season to start.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
When does the Obi-Wan series come out? I saw something about that and Ewan McGregor will be in it.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Completed the series yesterday and quite liked it. Unfortunately, I have to wait a while for the next season to start.
I think they ended strong with season 1. Left me wanting to see the next one.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis