The Mandalorian, A New Hope For Star Wars?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Right @AcuDefTechGuy , when some secondary goal (e.g. agenda) is prioritized over the art (i.e. writing, character development), you end up with a worse product!
It can be a challenge when you have obstacles like politics/religion/agendas.

But a great movie is going to be great - rises above the challenge. No excuses. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
At least Discovery and Batwoman don't wreck the canon and portray Janeway, Picard, Kirk or Batman as impotent cowards who turned their backs on their crew and Star Fleet just to elevate the new characters.
Wait, who's portrayed as a coward and turned his back on his crew? :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
So far I think "Rogue One" is the only SW film that deserves 4K/Atmos treatment.

Note: it also helps that Rogue One was filmed in 6.5K Digital and Mastered in 4K Digital.

Can we get the Rogue One writing/directing/editing team to do all the Star Wars materials? :D

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Wait, who's portrayed as a coward and turned his back on his crew? :D
Well, Luke tried to kill his nephew in his sleep because he was afraid of his potential and turned his back on his family, friends and the Jedi order.

I have no issue with Rey being the protagonist and do not share the same opinion as some that she's a broken Mary Sue character. I really enjoyed TFA and was excited for TLJ. Rey finding Luke at the end of TFA and handing him his old light saber was a huge moment and many couldn't wait to see where it went from there.

Then TLJ opens with Luke chucking it over his shoulder like it's garbage. For me that kinda set the tone for how the entire movie was handled.

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
So far I think "Rogue One" is the only SW film that deserves 4K/Atmos treatment.

Note: it also helps that Rogue One was filmed in 6.5K Digital and Mastered in 4K Digital.

Can we get the Rogue One writing/directing/editing team to do all the Star Wars materials? :D
Rogue One wasn't horrible and I found it to be an okay movie that delivered the best scene ever of Darth Vader showcasing his badassery. It's one of my favorite scenes out of all of the movies.

I have not seen "Solo" because I'm letting Disney know I'm a li'l upset with TLJ. I've never said it was a bad movie because I haven't seen it and am open to the idea I might even like it, but for me it's the principle and I'm (along with many others) withholding my dollars to make a statement. I believe the financial failure of Solo is a direct result of fan upset with TLJ.

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Are they family?
No. That's Kathleen Kennedy 2nd from the right and a few others involved in the project. Kathleen is now the head of Lucasfilm, appointed by GL right before he sold to Disney. There's some speculation that she might not be much longer, especially if Rise of Skywalker flops.

There's a lot riding on this film. It's for that reason I'm remaining cautiously optimistic. I want it to be good and I want to like it, but I'm probably not going to run out and see it opening weekend like I did with TLJ.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Rogue One wasn't horrible and I found it to be an okay movie that delivered the best scene ever of Darth Vader showcasing his badassery. It's one of my favorite scenes out of all of the movies.

I have not seen "Solo" because I'm letting Disney know I'm a li'l upset with TLJ. I've never said it was a bad movie because I haven't seen it and am open to the idea I might even like it, but for me it's the principle and I'm (along with many others) withholding my dollars to make a statement. I believe the financial failure of Solo is a direct result of fan upset with TLJ.
I thought ”Solo” was one of the worst movies of all times. If someone gave me a 4K Atmos version of “Solo”, I would give it away.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
If your faith in the dark side goes down from all that nonsense, the cure is watching Empire Strikes Back. :)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I thought ”Solo” was one of the worst movies of all times. If someone gave me a 4K Atmos version of “Solo”, I would give it away.
No doubt in some part due to abandoning story for agenda... :p

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Well, Luke tried to kill his nephew in his sleep because he was afraid of his potential and turned his back on his family, friends and the Jedi order.

I have no issue with Rey being the protagonist and do not share the same opinion as some that she's a broken Mary Sue character. I really enjoyed TFA and was excited for TLJ. Rey finding Luke at the end of TFA and handing him his old light saber was a huge moment and many couldn't wait to see where it went from there.

Then TLJ opens with Luke chucking it over his shoulder like it's garbage. For me that kinda set the tone for how the entire movie was handled.
Oh yeah, what Luke tried to do was stupid. And since Luke was probably the most powerful Jedi at this point, if Luke wanted to kill his Vader-wannabe nephew, I don’t see how Luke couldn’t have succeeded.

But none of these new SW materials make any sense to me anyway.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
If your faith in the dark side goes down from all that nonsense, the cure is watching Empire Strikes Back. :)
Only if they rescan the original film and make a pristine 4K remaster with Atmos. :D

B

baronvonellis

Audioholic
Right! Some would even say completely out of character.
OK I kind of see your point now. I wasn't happy with what they did to Luke either.
Now I heard the next James Bond movie is going to be a female bond! It sounds like a joke, the whole thing was how he was a womanizing bad ass.

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
OK I kind of see your point now. I wasn't happy with what they did to Luke either.
Now I heard the next James Bond movie is going to be a female bond! It sounds like a joke, the whole thing was how he was a womanizing bad ass.
You're just not 'woke' enough. Any properly woke movie goer knows that any 5'2" 105lb girl can kick any 6'4" NFL offensive lineman's butt in 10 seconds or less. Get with the times. ;)

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
She can still be a womanizing bad ass!

Last edited:
William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
You're just not 'woke' enough. Any properly woke movie goer knows that any 5'2" 105lb girl can kick any 6'4" NFL offensive lineman's butt in 10 seconds or less. Get with the times. ;)
Lol! That’s my 12yo daughters height and weight. Nope. She’s not tough at all.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis