The Mandalorian, A New Hope For Star Wars?

HTfreak2004

HTfreak2004

Senior Audioholic
I read before Disney acquired Star Wars they were going to make a sequel to Tron Legacy. Disney does try to cash in on franchises take Pirates of the Caribbean for example the trilogy did well then they try to milk it again and flop. I enjoy all the Star Wars movies it’s a cool universe. I understand people hold high expectations for the franchise and compare it to their favorite original. But take it for face value it’s a telling of a story a long time ago in a galaxy far far away. Disney will keep making them and we will keep watching them because we will think maybe this will be the one this is going to redeem the Star Wars legacy.
It tough to make movies that in all fairness made tons of sense in the eighties and incorporate new actors to create prequels or sequels.

Many of us were children at that time and we went through phases. Now as adults obviously it’s nice to recapture that energy yet it’s tough.

Think hard about it. Many of our parents shared those movies with us and took delight in our joy which made that memorable and many of us do that with our kids and the movies their excited about.

Our kids don’t really like much of the movies we grew up with and we expect to much from prequels and sequels!

B

baronvonellis

Audioholic
I just assumed it was some super powerful force milk from that sea cow lol. Who knows, it's just a movie about lazers, robots and weird aliens in a far away galaxy, it never seemed like a serious movie to me. I mean the originals have Jabba the Hut, he's pretty goofy looking too. Anything is better than Jar Jar Binks.

I didn't notice any political message, it just seemed like Rey and Kylo are just like Annakin and Padme. One's dark and one's light. Dark and light both exist within us, it's all pretty standard stuff from most philosophies and religions around the world.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I watched about 30 minutes of the first episode and gave up.

Then I watched about 30 minutes of "See", also from Apple TV, and I gave up on that.

Then I watched a full episode of "Dickinson", also from Apple TV, and I gave up on that.

So for me, Apple TV sucks 3/3. :D
If you watched 30 minutes of the first episode, you pretty much watched the whole episode as they are about 30 minutes. I agree it's a little slow in the beginning, but I thought it got progressively better throughout. I really enjoyed the third episode.

So far I am enjoying the series, even if Apollo Creed Doesn't die in this one ;).

I already have my tickets for Start Wars, Rise of SKywalker. I ranked the last Start Wars Film as the worst of the series (and yes that includes Jar Jar Binks),so it has no where to go but up.

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
In my opinion The Mandalorian is a fun if ridiculous popcorn shoot'em up. The man with no name or face who never ever removes his/her helmet is just too much. Twenty or thirty plus years of that must have left some dirty nasty skin and hair from lack of washing. And yes he or she, because that leaves the producers the possibility of a last episode reveal that the most bada** bounty hunter in the galaxy is female and thus that they, the producers, are properly 'woke'.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
In my opinion The Mandalorian is a fun if ridiculous popcorn shoot'em up. The man with no name or face who never ever removes his/her helmet is just too much. Twenty or thirty plus years of that must have left some dirty nasty skin and hair from lack of washing. And yes he or she, because that leaves the producers the possibility of a last episode reveal that the most bada** bounty hunter in the galaxy is female and thus that they, the producers, are properly 'woke'.
Think that was episode 4’s plot. LOL :)

Hoping episode 5 is better...

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
If you watched 30 minutes of the first episode, you pretty much watched the whole episode as they are about 30 minutes. I agree it's a little slow in the beginning, but I thought it got progressively better throughout. I really enjoyed the third episode.

So far I am enjoying the series, even if Apollo Creed Doesn't die in this one ;).

I already have my tickets for Start Wars, Rise of SKywalker. I ranked the last Start Wars Film as the worst of the series (and yes that includes Jar Jar Binks),so it has no where to go but up.
Yeah I watched the whole 1st episode. The last minute of the episode was the best part where they showed the (you know what 50 year old baby). :D

I get the vibe that this TV series has the same attitude as the new Star Wars trilogy (ep. 7, 8).

I’ll probably continue to watch Mandalorian as long as my daughter insists. :D

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
She’ll have to be a gay minority too, possibly transgender. You know, for full wokeness. Lol

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
I suck and only just got done watching the 3 new Rick n Morty's.....

Glad to see so much positivity on this new series! Definitely need to get caught up!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I just assumed it was some super powerful force milk from that sea cow lol. Who knows, it's just a movie about lazers, robots and weird aliens in a far away galaxy, it never seemed like a serious movie to me. I mean the originals have Jabba the Hut, he's pretty goofy looking too. Anything is better than Jar Jar Binks.

I didn't notice any political message, it just seemed like Rey and Kylo are just like Annakin and Padme. One's dark and one's light. Dark and light both exist within us, it's all pretty standard stuff from most philosophies and religions around the world.
Well I can not only notice an agenda, it feels like it's being shoved down my throat. Did you see any of Rian Johnson's many responses to legitimate criticisms by calling everyone manbabies and misogynists for not liking it? Mark Hamill himself has spoken up about his feelings on the mistreatment of Luke Skywalker.

Fortunately for me, I'm not in the minority as evidenced by a huge drop in ticket sales the 2nd weekend and the abysmal failure of "Solo". There's a reason Disney is crapping their pants right now and so much is being put into this last movie in the trilogy. If they don't turn things around they might as well have poured gas on a 4.5 billion dollar pile of money and lit it on fire.

force female.jpg

Agenda? What agenda!? Lol

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Well I can not only notice an agenda, it feels like it's being shoved down my throat. Did you see any of Rian Johnson's many responses to legitimate criticisms by calling everyone manbabies and misogynists for not liking it? Mark Hamill himself has spoken up about his feelings on the mistreatment of Luke Skywalker.

Fortunately for me, I'm not in the minority as evidenced by a huge drop in ticket sales the 2nd weekend and the abysmal failure of "Solo". There's a reason Disney is crapping their pants right now and so much is being put into this last movie in the trilogy. If they don't turn things around they might as well have poured gas on a 4.5 billion dollar pile of money and lit it on fire.

View attachment 32608

Agenda? What agenda!? Lol
Second from left has the most force!
Just sayin'

B

baronvonellis

Audioholic
I don't read articles about Star Wars directors, I don't take the movies that seriously to begin with. I didn't notice any politics I guess. The originals have Leia, I don't see a big deal with female characters in movies. I thought Solo was a good flick, I've watched it 2 times.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I don't read articles about Star Wars directors, I don't take the movies that seriously to begin with. I didn't notice any politics I guess. The originals have Leia, I don't see a big deal with female characters in movies. I thought Solo was a good flick, I've watched it 2 times.
I don't see a big deal with women in flicks either. In fact I happen to really like Rey. The mishandling of the franchise to push an agenda at the expense of established lore and story is where my disconnect lies.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
And for the record, I don't spend a lot of time sitting around reading articles on Star Wars directors either, but when a famous director of a famous movie receives some criticism and insults the entire fan base from a very public platform (Twitter) it tends to get reported on and since I don't live under a rock, I have seen some of these reports.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I don't mind the politics/religions/agendas. I don't mind if 99% of the casts are females and they are promoting women-power or whatever.

Shoot, I love "Batwoman" and the new "Star Trek Discovery", which are both huge on women-power-agendas. :D

I think so far post-original Star Wars, my favorite SW film is "Rogue One". I think care for anything else.

B

bigkrazy155

Audioholic
I don't mind the politics/religions/agendas. I don't mind if 99% of the casts are females and they are promoting women-power or whatever.
I disagree on an artistic level. When an agenda is put first, the art suffers in quality. This is why Christian movies are so bad even to Christians!

I do agree about not caring about cast and crews' intersectional makeup though!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I read the first screenings of Rise of Skywalker were universally hated by the audience. That audience includes both fans and non-fans, so that bodes badly.

Mandalorian - I like it so far. Would not call it great, but enjoyable. IMO, it was supposed to be a film, not series. I think they pulled it, chopped it up and turned it into the series so they had something big for Plus. Solo could have been better, but it was rushed to replace the hole that was left by them doing this to the Mandalorian. Probably the right choice because solo wouldn't have made an interesting series given that it was just a so-so film that we already know where it goes.

S2 is already in the works for Mandalorian also, I heard.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I disagree on an artistic level. When an agenda is put first, the art suffers in quality. This is why Christian movies are so bad even to Christians!

I do agree about not caring about cast and crews' intersectional makeup though!
I think most Christian movies suck because the writers suck, the stories suck, the directors suck, there's no character development, the acting sucks, etc.

I think both "Ben-Hur 1959" and "Ben-Hur 2016" are "Christian" movies. Yet the 1959 version is awesome and the 2016 version is 100% pure crap.

I bet Christopher Nolan can make a great Christian movie. :D

I think great writers/ great directors can make almost any story great, even with obstacles like politics/religions/agendas.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord

Shoot, I love "Batwoman" and the new "Star Trek Discovery", which are both huge on women-power-agendas. :D

I think so far post-original Star Wars, my favorite SW film is "Rogue One". I think care for anything else.
At least Discovery and Batwoman don't wreck the canon and portray Janeway, Picard, Kirk or Batman as impotent cowards who turned their backs on their crew and Star Fleet just to elevate the new characters.

B

bigkrazy155

Audioholic
Right @AcuDefTechGuy , when some secondary goal (e.g. agenda) is prioritized over the art (i.e. writing, character development), you end up with a worse product!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis