The Mandalorian, A New Hope For Star Wars?

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
One of my dogs looks so much like Gizmo it's scary. I can never get a picture of her at a perfect angle though.

IMG_20180518_1639498-1468x1957.jpg

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Mandalorian started on a high note and quickly got much, much duller. Still watchable, but many secondary acting leaving a lot to be desired. I'd not bother.
My current TV show is StartUp. You should try it.
"Madalorian" was pretty good for the first 10 minutes of the 1st episode. Then I got bored beyond belief after that. :D

Oh yeah, will check out "StartUp". I love crime thrillers. :D

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Mandalorian started on a high note and quickly got much, much duller. Still watchable, but many secondary acting leaving a lot to be desired. I'd not bother.
My current TV show is StartUp. You should try it.
I'd say ep 4 is probably the slowest episode so far, but didn't completely suck, imo. Compared to the state of the rest of Star Wars this show has been a bright spot for me. We're only four 30 minute episodes in so far. There's room for course correction.

kystorm

kystorm

Audioholic
Hope someone rights the ship, cause what they've done with the franchise for the past some years is criminal.

B

Blue Dude

Audioholic
I'd say ep 4 is probably the slowest episode so far, but didn't completely suck, imo. Compared to the state of the rest of Star Wars this show has been a bright spot for me. We're only four 30 minute episodes in so far. There's room for course correction.
I was disappointed because they went for a
Seven Samurai/Magnificent Seven
remake only 4 episodes in. I knew as soon as they
showed the villagers under attack from previously unseen villains
where they were going with it. It's been done to death already. Hopefully they opt for fresher material instead of filler.

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Hope someone rights the ship, cause what they've done with the franchise for the past some years is criminal.
I just don't see Disney "saving" anything.

The only thing I think will continue to happen is Disney milking the Franchise for all it's worth. And it continues here. :D

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I was disappointed because they went for a Seven Samurai/Magnificent Seven remake only 4 episodes in. I knew as soon as they showed the villagers under attack from previously unseen villians where they were going with it. It's been done to death already. Hopefully they opt for fresher material instead of filler.
Too soon! Lol. What @BoredSysAdmin said, use spoiler tags for recent episodes. Like in my sig.

Like this:
[*SPOILER]Type spoiler in here [*/SPOILER]

Just like that but remove the asterisks (*) and it will hide the comment.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord

The only thing I think will continue to happen is Disney milking the Franchise for all it's worth. And it continues here. :D
I think Kevin Feige and John Favreau starting to get their hands on some projects is a move toward a better direction at least. I hope Kathleen Kennedy gets removed from the picture ASAP and they get a restraining order preventing Rian Johnson from coming anywhere near the franchise again for the foreseeable future. What really pissed me off was their response/reaction to legit criticism, dismissing people like me as me as bunch of misogynistic "manbabies".

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

Yep. Disney will save themselves. It’s really awesome too. One of the richest names in the world sits high on the mountain barfing out soundbar mixes, neutered bass tracks, locked Atmos mixes, all with lowest common denominator dynamics. Going all the way back to Tron legacy, not many Disney tracks were worth a $hit since that one.

B

Blue Dude

Audioholic
Sorry, I didn't think that was spoiler material but I fixed it anyway.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yep. Disney will save themselves. It’s really awesome too. One of the richest names in the world sits high on the mountain barfing out soundbar mixes, neutered bass tracks, locked Atmos mixes, all with lowest common denominator dynamics. Going all the way back to Tron legacy, not many Disney tracks were worth a $hit since that one.
Oh man, I love Tron Legacy. I am hoping they will remaster Tron Legacy in 4K Atmos, but hope they don’t screw it up like everything else. :D

HTfreak2004

HTfreak2004

Senior Audioholic
Oh man, I love Tron Legacy. I am hoping they will remaster Tron Legacy in 4K Atmos, but hope they don’t screw it up like everything else. :D
Tron Legacy Great movie!
Awesome mix and music with great video quality!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I’d love it if they did. Not sure the stems would support it. So far dtsnx is awesome. I’m afraid if they Atmoused it, they’d kill the bottom end. You know, one of the best parts of the track!
Seen it happen

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Man, y'all are being such a bunch of misogynistic manbabies! :p

Life with Disney is good*!

*You just need to get a frontal lobotomy and listen to more Muzak!

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Tron Legacy Great movie!
Awesome mix and music with great video quality!
Yeah, "TRON Legacy" definitely deserves the 4K/Atmos/DTSX treatment to the fullest.

Those bastards better be working on it! :D

B

baronvonellis

Audioholic
Why don't people like the Last Jedi? I thought it was a cool Star Wars movie. It's not as good as the original movies I supposed, but have you have watched the prequels lately? I watched the 3 prequels last week and god are they awful! The Phantom Menace was just terrible. The Attack of the clones was bad and didn't have any kind of plot and didn't seem to be going anywhere. The Revenge of the Sith was alright and had a decent plot and was cool to finally see him become Vader, although none of the characters are likable or interesting. After watching the 3 movies I didn't care if anyone in it lived or died, and the CGI looks really dated now. It was made at the same time as the lord of the rings movies but the CGI in those is alot better, and they smartly tied in as much live action into it as they could, so the foreground is all real and just the far backgrounds are CGI.

The Mandalorian is really good so far, I really enjoy it.

G

Grandzoltar

Full Audioholic
I read before Disney acquired Star Wars they were going to make a sequel to Tron Legacy. Disney does try to cash in on franchises take Pirates of the Caribbean for example the trilogy did well then they try to milk it again and flop. I enjoy all the Star Wars movies it’s a cool universe. I understand people hold high expectations for the franchise and compare it to their favorite original. But take it for face value it’s a telling of a story a long time ago in a galaxy far far away. Disney will keep making them and we will keep watching them because we will think maybe this will be the one this is going to redeem the Star Wars legacy.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Why don't people like the Last Jedi?
Because we went from here...
luke_anakin_rotj.jpg

Luke goes the extra mile to turn his father from the dark side against all odds...

zp4szwon6bbjusj0l1qj.png

luke-green-milk.jpg

main-qimg-5f1a8a9db2ea64c195bc6bfb64edd539.jpeg

BzUjom.jpeg

To this. Luke is now a sea cow molesting, raw green milk chugging, faithless fearful murderous uncle who's scared of his nephew. C'mon man. There's subverting expectations, then there's total character assassination and complete disrespect for the lore and the fans who have kept this franchise alive for the last 4 decades.

And that's just one of my problems with this whole mess. Believe me I could go on, from the terrible way they (RIAN) handled ANY criticism to the forced girl power message. TLJ is a movie that puts agenda before story and they're bludgeoning the audience with their politics.

G

Grandzoltar

Full Audioholic
Luke put himself into exile similar to Yoda. It’s all about balance in the force. There is no Jedi without the darkside. Rains character is balanced by Kylo Ren.
when Luke faded into the force then Snoke was killed. Luke felt if he didn’t act on anything living remotely surviving off the land the sith would be quiet as well.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis