ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Interesting point. So you tune and mod your leased cars? What do you do with the aftermarket stuff when you turn in the lease?
I seldom turn in lease cars. It's comes out about even trading them in to the dealer of my next car(usually different brand) and that way they can't or don't scan the ECU which would tell them the car had been modded and they would know the warranty might be compromised.

That being said, BMW is a pretty mod friendly company and several deals are certified installers of Dinan and they don't care. My last 2 Audi's came from a strict "do not mod" dealer so I traded those cars in at a different dealer that doesn't carry Audi. My AMG didn't need any mods and my BMW stated they are mod friendly and I could do whatever I want just return to stock when I turn it in.

I can usually sell any aftermarket parts on car forums.

People like me are the reason a used or CPO car can be risky.....

Montucky

Montucky

Full Audioholic
drumroll.....and here it is
Congrats!!! Great look ride! I'm really liking this current model Accord. Even better that Honda has not shunned those of us who prefer to row our own which is one of the biggest reasons I'm taking a hard look at them when I go car shopping next. :D

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I seldom turn in lease cars. It's comes out about even trading them in to the dealer of my next car(usually different brand) and that way they can't or don't scan the ECU which would tell them the car had been modded and they would know the warranty might be compromised.

That being said, BMW is a pretty mod friendly company and several deals are certified installers of Dinan and they don't care. My last 2 Audi's came from a strict "do not mod" dealer so I traded those cars in at a different dealer that doesn't carry Audi. My AMG didn't need any mods and my BMW stated they are mod friendly and I could do whatever I want just return to stock when I turn it in.

I can usually sell any aftermarket parts on car forums.

People like me are the reason a used or CPO car can be risky.....
Makes sense.

Sure, people like you are the reason used can be risky, but if the mods are done right and removed properly afterward there shouldn't be any issues. Then comes the question of how it was driven...:)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Believe me or not, this is the least used feature of cars I have/had. So few nice 70f days :(
It's either too cold or too humid and hot
I like 'em to let heat out in summer, from a practical perspective. The view is what I like best about them. Plus a sunroof, open just a little, is a pretty calm way to get a little circulation going without having the wind mess up my hair do. :D

I had a '76 VW Dasher w/ a sunroof in Texas but no a/c. That sh!t got used ALL the time. Lesson learned though: stay out of Texas!

... and no more cars w/o a/c.

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
Auto trannys are getting to be more and more impressive. In the Charger I want the 8 speed only loses 50hp to the wheels out of 485hp. That's pretty impressive since loss is usually much higher than that. Or, the engine makes more than 485 at the crank.

I don't care either way.
My daily driver is an auto which is nice and convenient, but when i bought my Z i just couldnt do it. Im part of the old school generation that believes sports cars and muscle cars should be manuals. A couple years ago i took it up pikes peak in colorado which is an extremely winding road going straight up to 14k feet. We went from 70 degrees at the bottom to 30s at the top. Had to buy a sweater from the gift shop. There are cliffs with no guard rails at times. Half way down they stop you for a mandatory brake heat check before letting you continue. Manual made the drive down so nice. They were impressed with how cool my brakes were. I will never have a more satisfying driving experience ever!

Some times i do miss an auto, but its worth it to me since this car is just a weekend warrior. When i bought the car i asked the young salesmen if they sell very many sticks and he said, "Only to the old guys" lol.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
My daily driver is an auto which is nice and convenient, but when i bought my Z i just couldnt do it. Im part of the old school generation that believes sports cars and muscle cars should be manuals. A couple years ago i took it up pikes peak in colorado which is an extremely winding road going straight up to 14k feet. We went from 70 degrees at the bottom to 30s at the top. Had to buy a sweater from the gift shop. There are cliffs with no guard rails at times. Half way down they stop you for a mandatory brake heat check before letting you continue. Manual made the drive down so nice. They were impressed with how cool my brakes were. I will never have a more satisfying driving experience ever!

Some times i do miss an auto, but its worth it to me since this car is just a weekend warrior. When i bought the car i asked the young salesmen if they sell very many sticks and he said, "Only to the old guys" lol.
Few options for manual trannys now. Sure, sports cars and the like will still come with them, but on the charger I want it isn't even an option. I've driven plenty of manuals, but haven't ever owned one so it wouldn't be all that practical for me really.

Montucky

Montucky

Full Audioholic
Few options for manual trannys now. Sure, sports cars and the like will still come with them, but on the charger I want it isn't even an option. I've driven plenty of manuals, but haven't ever owned one so it wouldn't be all that practical for me really.
I'm a manual fan all the way, but on a drag focused car like some of the Chargers and Challengers, I can totally understand the manufacturer going for an auto, since banging out shifts as fast as possible is the name of the game. When fractions of a second count on the 1/4 mile, it makes sense.

As for me, I just want to enjoy daily driving so I don't care about shaving seconds off my shift times. Which model Charger you looking at? Man, those cars are beastly. Not the car for me, but I have to seriously admire them for what they are.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I'm a manual fan all the way, but on a drag focused car like some of the Chargers and Challengers, I can totally understand the manufacturer going for an auto, since banging out shifts as fast as possible is the name of the game. When fractions of a second count on the 1/4 mile, it makes sense.

As for me, I just want to enjoy daily driving so I don't care about shaving seconds off my shift times. Which model Charger you looking at? Man, those cars are beastly. Not the car for me, but I have to seriously admire them for what they are.
I'm looking at the Scat Pack with the 6.4L motor. At the price it has no competition. Especially since I can get three kids in the back. Haven't found anything else that compares.

Plus, I've been reading and if I decided to get mod happy it will apparently make over 700hp without having to upgrade the transmission. I'm skeptical of that, but it's a neat idea that I can make hellcat power without the extra $25k. That would be for later down the road.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan

speaking of Chargers, here's one Restomod I could easily fall in love with !!

https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2018/11/05/mopars-hellephant-crate-engine-and-super-charger-blend-past-and-present/

super cool, IMO !

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I'm looking at the Scat Pack with the 6.4L motor. At the price it has no competition. Especially since I can get three kids in the back. Haven't found anything else that compares.

Plus, I've been reading and if I decided to get mod happy it will apparently make over 700hp without having to upgrade the transmission. I'm skeptical of that, but it's a neat idea that I can make hellcat power without the extra $25k. That would be for later down the road.
Get this one out of my driveway. It's a HC though....

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Well, the Bimmer didn't work out for me so back to AMG. This one is a pure beast. Car and Driver clocked the 0-60 at 3.2. and 1/4 @11.70. I am slowly breaking it in but man can you tell it has power.

Last edited:
everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
What was the issue with the BMW? I love their weight ratio, so fun. Congrats on the AMG.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
What was the issue with the BMW? I love their weight ratio, so fun. Congrats on the AMG.
It was a fun car to scoot around town in but the fit and finish just wasn't what I like. The cabin noise was ungodly and the seats actually killed my legs, butt and back after just a 30 minute ride. Since I basically work out of my car it has to be comfortable. It was a horrible road trip car, my wife was uncomfortable in it too.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
It was a fun car to scoot around town in but the fit and finish just wasn't what I like. The cabin noise was ungodly and the seats actually killed my legs, butt and back after just a 30 minute ride. Since I basically work out of my car it has to be comfortable. It was a horrible road trip car, my wife was uncomfortable in it too.
The Benz definitely has a better interior. My daughters Hyundai has a quieter cabin than the 7 series which is crazy. Enjoy

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis