The Dolby Atmos, DTS-X, and Auro-3D Discussion Thread

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
If we were sure the processing was handled in the same way for the new DSU/Neural X as the older Pro Logic, then Yes I would agree. I think Andy's indication for the 80s films is possibly at odds with that. :confused:

Both Sicario films are ok. I prefer the first film to the second, but they are eminently watchable. The Atmos tracks are good, but in a more subtle way than some of the other heavy handed Atmos tracks like San Andreas.:)

Did try an up mix of The Mummy and Spanish version of Dracula, however you would not really have known.:( It did nothing bad so that was good.:) The restoration looks to be well done. There is a good deal of grain from the on location shots, but this is to be expected from 1930s film stock. Apparently there is a 30 film collection coming out, but having seen the list I think I am happy with the 8. It does also include, as mentioned, the Spanish Dracula and the 3D Creature from the Black Lagoon, although this seems to have forgone the classic Red/Green glasses in favour of the newer formats. :)
I appreciate your reviews of various movies using the upmixers, please keep them coming.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
45260462_10156619726215149_494506016017219584_n.jpg

45290551_10156619721860149_6446521941636415488_n.jpg

Black Rain (1989) region 2 DVD arrived this morning in more less mint opened used condition. Reviewing and re-listening to this pressing again on slightly more better sound system than my first one back around early 2000's and giving my listening attention only to the surround channel with (LCR LFE.1 MUTED) I gave a through listening while jumping few chapters until 1hr 3mins the surrounds suddenly came to colurful full spectrum life, where's for first hour surround sounding like it was a damaged magnetic stripe of the surround channel or someone had done something to curse it to sound thin sounding with a range from 800Hz to 4Khz which is off top of my head from listening. I could listen again and see what shows up on the THX monitor on RTA to see just how thin the surrounds was.

I had increase the surround level on Sony player mode on Marantz SR6012 where there us user level to adjust levels without touching the overall settings.
45342195_10156619734615149_8218237200102326272_n.jpg

I also had to use the Sony BDP-S550 player as the disc was encoded with no 16:9 so it was all 4:3 on Panasnonic DMP-U9000 THX no settings for 4.3/16.9 it seems to be prefixed at certain aspect ratio as Panasonic may seem 16.9 is sort of the norm now so I switched the disc over to the Sony player where it stretched the image (So what I can live with that aspect ratio) :D using the mode on Techwood FULL that shows the whole width image detail over 16.9 that crops a % off on the sides.

45350705_10156619723590149_999783234487189504_n.jpg

DVD R2 looks image wise very rough like a VHS. Hey, hey, no knocking the VHS, huh. :D But I have seen better DVD pressings the EE Edge Enhancement is what really ruined the DVD and Gladiator which had EE and many consumers bitching for years to get a better pressing. EE should be used for firewood it has no place to being used on DVD, bluray any format its bad and should have never been used. I think I had the ISO touch fraction % high where I readjusted the ISO for the next picture of same scene for the bluray.

Black Rain was filmed in Super35 a format Scott not often uses on his films as mostly all use true, anamorphic lenses. So there is some beneath differences due to the Super35 a format that once loathed and has now since retired and back to using true, anamorphic lenses.
A little diffence on the left side of the bluray framing shows bit more image with less on as well as beneath below the framing.

45276516_10156619733725149_6651959341324697600_n.jpg

The bluray pressing fine great it has detail that I can see and no EE glaring my eyes with halos around everything on the image. colour stands out better

45273996_10156619735585149_8986985807206154240_n.jpg

I think that is funny that he can speak, English as I can't speak, Japanese?

45453413_10156619737480149_1431656180513505280_n.jpg

Again its at more less 1hr 3min the surrounds and yes in (stereo).
Once levels looked normal on Sony SDDS DFP-D3000 I was satisfied with I set the levels on the Marnatz SR6012 back down to 0.0db.

Maybe Black Rain was released on 70mm with split surrounds? I would have liked to have seen it at the Empire Leicester Square in 70mm SR, THX, (late January 1990) but saw at local cinema thou it was geared up for 35/70mm they only showed a 35mm with Dolby Stereo print. The in70mm site doesn't say much nor does the Dolby site on, Heard Any Good Movies Lately? The paper that was published once each year showed some films having "SS" split surrounds and other 70mm with no idea if its format 40, 42 or 43 bit vague.

So the bluray, HD-DVD is okay.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
If we were sure the processing was handled in the same way for the new DSU/Neural X as the older Pro Logic, then Yes I would agree. I think Andy's indication for the 80s films is possibly at odds with that. :confused:

Both Sicario films are ok. I prefer the first film to the second, but they are eminently watchable. The Atmos tracks are good, but in a more subtle way than some of the other heavy handed Atmos tracks like San Andreas.:)
Sicario, where there scene of all the cars coming back to what? The CIA base all driving long a desert ground and panned off screen along the right surround, it freaked my cat Sooty out played it twice freaked him out again. he doesn't like car traffic, being a house cat. But the scene makes my ears prick up and take notice I think that was before I had an new AVR same bluray disc pressing which starts off with an Atmos trailer, I think same one on Deep Water Horizon, where I had to get another pressing of that as one I had was damaged with dodgy disc not the encoding the disc was bad batch so got another one and played fine. I don't think I listened to Deep Water Horizon in Atmos, yet? I had quick listen with Sicario, but the film gets deep and dark and depressing at times to watch with type of subject matter. The story really focuses around the (Benicio Del Toro ) Alejandro, who sucked in star wars, enough of that and (Josh Brolin) Matt Graver, who are out to get them and (Emily Blunt) Kate Macer, really isn't "the Wolf", "You should move to a small town, somewhere the rule of law still exists. You will not survive here. You are not a wolf, and this is a land of wolves now."

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY (1968)
70mm six-track stereophonic / dts-hdma 5.1 / Lucasfilm Ltd THX Sound System / JBL professional
45333422_10156620533055149_8312242755627646976_n.jpg

No DSU/Neural:X was used.

Well, No need for the cat litter... its in its original well almost besides the LFE.1 the directional dialouge is intact and running with five screen matrix.

45333578_10156620533395149_5464245238660857856_n.jpg

The surrounds are mono over the past remix versions where the surrounds was stereo with the directional dialouge with out of print MGM region 1 DVD. Later versions DVD HD-DVD bluray had the directional dialouge reduced down to centre channel which is not the way it was intentional way it was mixed.
45342039_10156620533730149_8446162228213710848_n.jpg

The framing is okay I guess can't over nitpick it as some framing or masking in cinemas may often vary. Colours look strikingly bolder detail over the MGM region 1 (out of print).

Music my favorite being, Also Sprach Zarathustra and Blue Danube as they play so well against the backdrop of space.

45403638_10156620538155149_6001261415044743168_n.jpg

The re-mix version I cringed at playing the version and jumped to a chapter 7, where the first human directional dialouge is present when Floyd, enters the space station with a stewardess speaks on the inner left, left centre channel I sighed with relief.

The only noticeable difference is there's bit of increase in dynamic range the surrounds been remixed maybe again in stereo surrounds along with another LFE.1 remix that feels great against the body as deep rumble over the, well the original wouldn't have had a sub bass channel in 1968 but seems they are using LFE.1 again.

Comparing with the MGM region 1 which is little tiny LFE.1 shy only really needs some tweaking. I can't be asked to compare with first edition bluray against the early 2001 DVD which is same mix used on bluray and no doubt HD-DVD.

The sun won't rise against the Earth, should be the Earth that is moving along with moon that orbit around the sun. Still its a great opening with, "Also Sprach Zarathustra".

The bone throwing sequence when it drops down to almost where the cut to outer space of the future the two differences with remix on, language track 1 sounds like a noise reduction has been applied to help clean up the background magnetic noise? The theatrical mix, language track 2 I can hear what may sound like magnetic stripe noise and I kinder like it if that is what I am hearing with fader turned up +10.0db then fade it down to normal level "7".

With region 1 DVD MGM out of print the noise sticks out many db higher with other noise I guess that was sourced from another print.

45434360_10156620539650149_5835064825142575104_n.jpg

With 4k again listening to the two track differences when the Orion spacecraft first appears there's still some noise. I may wire Dolby SR but only have x2 SRA5 and only need a 3rd one to basic 5 screen channels but realistically I would only need 3 SR cards for the LCR as the inner channels are matrix'd from the LCR so I can get away with x3 but would need a 3rd SR module for the surrounds the 4th card I can use on LFE.1 to give that even more dynamic incline to rumble the room to quake levels.

I guess some older than myself must be have a flashback with the re-release as I would have only been 1 years old at the time but I sure like the film, sheer classic.

Bookmark

Bookmark

Full Audioholic
I may have to punish you severely Andy. :mad: You had me hunting for my VHS recorder last night. o_O:eek:Fortunately I have no idea, but I know it's out there, somewhere, lurking, taunting me.:p

I use to really hate that film. It is still not my favorite Kubrick, but it has moved up the list over the years, partly because of 2010, which while not as good, clears up some of the plot confusion from the original.:) Top of the list is still Dr Stangelove, which I always link with Fail Safe, both excellent movies. :cool:

I did try an up mix on Black Rain, first 20 mins. It's odd about what you found with the surrounds though but then that was the stereo. I found them all working from the start, of course this was the HD Dvd DD+. It is mostly front heavy, but there are moments on the bike with traffic and ambient city sounds and the following bit in the restaurant has a nice touch of overhead in the music. :)

Last night, still part of the Halloween tribute, we did Scream 1, 2 and 3. Not so much for the first, but 2 and 3 up mixed really quite well. "Now Sid, don't you blame the movies. Movies don't create psychos. Movies make psychos more creative!":)

I also grabbed a couple of Infos from the Black Rain HD Dvd and Blue Thunder Dvd.
black rain.jpg
blue thunder.jpg

Bookmark

Bookmark

Full Audioholic
I appreciate your reviews of various movies using the upmixers, please keep them coming.
Very kind, however I more worried I am boring people with these endless posts. I think Andy doing a great job especially with the technicals. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
One thing that’s ironic is that I think some movies and TV shows (Castle Rock and Handmaid’s Tale in 2Ch AAC) upmixed with Dolby Surround or DTS Neural:X actually sound more “satisfying” than some new movies that are in ATMOS or DTSX. :D

The reason is because I can hear the overhead effects a lot easier in some of these upmixed contents.

I say “satisfying” because it all subjective and relative.

Some ATMOS/DTSX movies get so loud that all the Ground speakers “overpower” or sound significantly louder than the 4 (and especially 2) smaller ceiling speakers! Thus, the ATMOS overhead effects are overshadowed or overwhelmed and I cannot even hear it discretely enough to appreciate it.

I was watching about 13 minutes of “San Andreas” in ATMOS this AM - the beginning where the helicopter team rescues the girl in her car in the cliff. Well, the sound effects are so loud from every speaker that I could hardly hear the overhead ATMOS sound effects. If I “work hard enough”, I could hear the effects overhead. But otherwise, the overhead effects are completely lost and overpowered by the 5 ground speakers and Subwoofers.

Of course, there’s no beating some ATMOS movies.

In movies like “Now You See Me 2” or shows like “Daredevil Season 3”, the helicopter overhead effects sound so vivid, prominent, discrete, and easily heard. I don’t have to fight or work so hard to hear the overhead ATMOS effects. I find this 100% more gratifying.

Last edited:
A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
I may have to punish you severely Andy. :mad: You had me hunting for my VHS recorder last night. o_O:eek:Fortunately I have no idea, but I know it's out there, somewhere, lurking, taunting me.:p

I use to really hate that film. It is still not my favorite Kubrick, but it has moved up the list over the years, partly because of 2010, which while not as good, clears up some of the plot confusion from the original.:) Top of the list is still Dr Stangelove, which I always link with Fail Safe, both excellent movies. :cool:

I did try an up mix on Black Rain, first 20 mins. It's odd about what you found with the surrounds though but then that was the stereo. I found them all working from the start, of course this was the HD Dvd DD+. It is mostly front heavy, but there are moments on the bike with traffic and ambient city sounds and the following bit in the restaurant has a nice touch of overhead in the music. :)

Last night, still part of the Halloween tribute, we did Scream 1, 2 and 3. Not so much for the first, but 2 and 3 up mixed really quite well. "Now Sid, don't you blame the movies. Movies don't create psychos. Movies make psychos more creative!":)

I also grabbed a couple of Infos from the Black Rain HD Dvd and Blue Thunder Dvd. View attachment 26430View attachment 26431
Most today can't even find the remote control to put with ebay selling of VHS player. How can you miss a VHS player of that size? :D
I forgot the audio on Black Rain is Dolby Digital-EX and the EX if there is auto flag to active which it appears it doesn't on the Marnatz SR6012, I don't think even the Onkyo TX SR-875 even did it, it would have to be manually switched ON.

6.1 dts-ES seems to merge the stereo side surrounds on top of single rear discrete (only if the channel settings have been set to two rear back speakers) I would have thought by now the signal would be sent to the back speakers and played over the two or more rear back in discrete rear back without having the part of the side surrounds stereo mixed on top of it as its hard to hear the discrete part of the signal but then most of time its fairly quiet rear back if you set the AVR to single speaker for the back it has moments/minutes even where there is no sound present.

What AVR is that your using as the lay of the screen not familiar with it.

Bookmark

Bookmark

Full Audioholic
I was watching about 13 minutes of “San Andreas” in ATMOS
2min later it's the Dam. :eek: I have been scared to get to the real quakes yet. :D

What AVR is that your using as the lay of the screen not familiar with it.
Oh that is the Info screen from the Yamaha 5100, but I think it is the same for most Yamaha's probably. I think it's odd the Yammy does not appear to show the higher rates, after all True HD, etc should indicate something.:confused: The actual bitrate for that DD+ should be something around 12-1500Kbps.:)

How can you miss a VHS player of that size?
It's embarrassing but true. Possibly Gremlins are to blame.:rolleyes: I did find my old Toshiba HD Dvd player, first Yamaha player from the early 90s and my Sacd capable Pioneer 737. Of course even if I do find it again I am not sure how we would be able to connect it up or where it's remote might be hiding.:) Then there is the case of all the tapes, I have a substantial collection of ex Blockbuster offerings.:eek: I do miss them, I could have avoid so many recent mistakes. :p

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
I never used to hate it. I liked it and Star Wars when I saw it on rental VHS panned and scanned early 80's. I like 2010 and nether find 2001 confusing.

You know what films I hate now. Star Wars. George Lucas killed it with cgi fire and disney slaughtered it. Sorry, Star Wars you once had good thing going but, there it is.

I find 2001 refreshingly classic film with music put to the opening and to chapter 6 space station and Orion shuttle and chapter 10, the final trip to the moon. Even if your not really watching it I like the music playing.

2010 isn't a film I can put on for classical music except for the sound effects of "airo-breaking " wow that is whole lot of rumble. :cool: Sure the opening music titles is cool and the ending with Monolith on new earth-like planet of Europa. The surrounds would be mono original on the early DVD versions but the bluray is garbage with fake stereo surrounds.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
It's embarrassing but true. Possibly Gremlins are to blame.:rolleyes: I did find my old Toshiba HD Dvd player, first Yamaha player from the early 90s and my Sacd capable Pioneer 737. Of course even if I do find it again I am not sure how we would be able to connect it up or where it's remote might be hiding.:) Then there is the case of all the tapes, I have a substantial collection of ex Blockbuster offerings.:eek: I do miss them, I could have avoid so many recent mistakes. :p
"Well, that's the story. So the next time your air-conditioner goes on the fritz, or your washing machine blows up, or your video recorder conks out, before you call the repairman, turn on all the lights. Check all the closets and cupboards. Look under all the beds. 'Cause you never can tell. There just might be a gremlin in your house. "

Bookmark

Bookmark

Full Audioholic
Oh 2001 has stood the test of time. It looks a lot less dated than many that came out much later. There was lot of very good technical expertise that went into the making. :)

I went to the Odeon in Glasgow on opening weekend. I walked in about 11ish and myself about 3 or 4 others watched it, The huge vaulted ceiling of the old screen 1 perfectly matched the opening Star Destroyer. :D Unforgettable. :cool: We came out and the entire pavement around the block was filled with people waiting to get ino_O You always remember your first time. ;)

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Oh 2001 has stood the test of time. It looks a lot less dated than many that came out much later. There was lot of very good technical expertise that went into the making. :)

I went to the Odeon in Glasgow on opening weekend. I walked in about 11ish and myself about 3 or 4 others watched it, The huge vaulted ceiling of the old screen 1 perfectly matched the opening Star Destroyer. :D Unforgettable. :cool: We came out and the entire pavement around the block was filled with people waiting to get ino_O You always remember your first time. ;)
Same deal with the Bournemouth, Gaumont screens 1 Cinerama curved screen and 2 regular large screen. The pavement was chockablock both to left right side entrances for screen 1 and 2 into the cinemas ticket office as there was two one for upstairs and one for downstairs. Three performances per day. Most couldn't get in for last show due to no more seats available, come back tomorrow.

45335667_692043004529250_6363344239182479360_n.jpg

Thought I eject "the pod bay doors" and slip in some Earth-quaking for an experimental Atmos listening. Several scenes in the film visuals with sound that bothers me.

Chapter 4 and 5 the main quake then, Dwayne Johnson, swoops down in his helicopter to save the day.

The scene where the camera is above the helicopter 0:41.06 moves across the scope screen from left to centre to right. The camera is above so therefore the sound would be better placed if there was Real discrete below surround so you'd look slightly downwards but there is a slight elevated angle the helicopter is pitched downwards.

In some homes I guess the matched surrounds would be ear seated level sure that would make sense. Not easy for me to move my surrounds off the wall and place them they are LARGE! Smaller speakers I have I can experiment easily with. So I just ...

Use the Pro-logic on one two CP45 switched ON so the helicopter is heard on left side surrounds then as it moves over its heard from underneath the seats then slowly heard again on right surrounds.

I know the helicopter sound that is overhead when switched to Atmos mode is still partly in 7.1 TrueHD of the regular side surrounds and its only the Atmos decoding that extracts it and then you can hear some brief depth in the overhead surrounds at 0:40.26.

0:40.51 where Carla Gugino, is standing. Sure it looks tense with gas mains in the elevator shaft leaping upwards though all the broken concrete.

What am I thinking of doing now. Its amazing after watching repeated scene after scene of chapter 5, I started to get an idea that may not, may not work entirely but the JBL control 1 I have a little too larger even thou bookshelf types I would need something smaller with fullrange capability. Mounting small JBL Micro to the back of the seats back and feeding it with different signal with EQ capability. I think that would spoil it all see the speakers in front of you at the back row seating. It was only an idea.

45336126_260399411339301_6313884465248600064_n.jpg

Does your AVR have have user options in each video mode to adjust levels independently without touching the main adjusted level settings? I find this option useful that wasn't available on the Onkyo TX SR875.
45192058_485456435193609_2338814197539799040_n.jpg

I also reduced the EQ levels down manually on the AVR but have in mind to get ether two Behringer GEQ3102 manual 1/3 EQ for the height surrounds fitted in the kitchen as there is no rack space left in the main two racks in the THX cinema. Or fit Behringer DEQ2496 as they be slimmer 1U frame size over the others at 2U frame each, plus the DEQ2496 would have extra features for critical adjustments but they not cheap brand new. S/H used they often sell cheap.

45361707_714400895583525_4470536114427396096_n.jpg

The second SDDS processor I use the levels on L-Lc-Rc-R is the four overhead Atmos channels the SW is SW2 while SW1 is on the main SDDS processor with all the rest of the regular channels. SL SR is used five screen channels for left-centre right-centre which is switched off at present,

Normally the helicopter would be at lower levels but I thought I'd experiment as there was plnety of headroom above it, so I reduced the EQ on AVR and turned the gain levels up +8.0db. The overheads when the helicopter appears briefly above has deepness of the rotor blades
0:40.26.

LCR is muted at present time so I can listen with x18 JBL surrounds presently running.

Last edited:
Bookmark

Bookmark

Full Audioholic
And I thought my setup was a tad complicated. :D

The Marantz has settings per source, which are independent of the overall main setup, and look a lot like the Onkyo. You can adjust the input and the output levels and probably some other settings. The Yamaha really has Scenes which accomplish much of same with the various different settings. You can use them as a particular source setup or as a more profile type thing.

I have barely scratched the surface of the possibilities of either box. :)

I've been watching the 4th, and currently final, Scream and up mixed as well as the other. Followed up with Scout's Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse. Not a PPZ in the sound department, a real missed opportunity, but I find it incredibly funny, if a bit childish. Dolly Parton's 9 to 5, Britney's Hit me baby and the trampoline. thus endeth the Halloween fest.

Guy Fawkes,:cool: V for Vendetta gets it's annual outing. An exceptionally good up mix.:D

"Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. [carves 'V' into poster on wall] The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V."

Hugo Weaving at his best.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
San Andreas ATMOS - overall I think the sound is too loud, difficult to hear the ceiling speakers, and Center dialogue seems overpowered by all the All the loud sound.

So I guess I am not very impressed with San Andreas ATMOS track.

Are you guys able to hear the overhead effects very well in this movie?

I can hear the overhead effects very easily with ATMOS contents (Daredevil S03, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, Now You See Me 3, Gravity) and with non-ATMOS contents (Castle Rock, Handmaid’s Tale) up-mixed with DS/DTSNX.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
San Andreas ATMOS - overall I think the sound is too loud, difficult to hear the ceiling speakers, and Center dialogue seems overpowered by all the All the loud sound.

So I guess I am not very impressed with San Andreas ATMOS track.

I can hear the overhead effects very easily with ATMOS contents (Daredevil S03, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, Now You See Me 3, Gravity) and with non-ATMOS contents (Castle Rock, Handmaid’s Tale) up-mixed with DS/DTSNX.
I ended up doing livevideo that dragged into more running time of the movie itself as I often repeated the scene and listening to side surrounds or rear back or the four Atmos overhead channels while looking at the image to see if overhead or any of the other surrounds was matching what I'm looking at. Video sound not perfect its in mono but seems to pick up the room fairly not perect just fairly.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Just saw The Matrix Reloaded remastered in ATMOS.

Another amazing and among the best ATMOS tracks.

Near the end where the Hammer ship hovers over Neo/Trinity (2:05:40), it sounds and feels like the ship was on the ceiling and the roof of my house was about to come off, which is truly awesome. I had to watch that one scene repeatedly. :D

I’ve heard many excellent aircrafts-overhead effects, but this one is the best. :D

No way they could create that overhead sound effect prior to ATMOS.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Just saw The Matrix Reloaded remastered in ATMOS.

Another amazing and among the best ATMOS tracks.

Near the end where the Hammer ship hovers over Neo/Trinity (2:05:40), it sounds and feels like the ship was on the ceiling and the roof of my house was about to come off, which is truly awesome. I had to watch that one scene repeatedly. :D

I’ve heard many excellent aircrafts-overhead effects, but this one is the best. :D

No way they could create that overhead sound effect prior to ATMOS.
Ok just watched Underworld Awakening it was mastered in DTS.

I liked it better upmixed with dts + Dolby Surround. Just sounded better then Dts + Nueral X. Some of the overhead effects were off a little but they had some really cool moments. The opening scene when they both fall in the river. Upmixes that just sounded incredible.

But my favorite moment was the face off in the Vampire coven with Selene against the giant Lycan. Oh my friggin god man I have never heard friggin bass like that before. Those PB 4000's were almost too much. I almost couldn't handle it. And I'm not even running them hot. When he comes stomping in you have 4 layers of bass going on. His gutteral growl. His footsteps. The shaking of the buildings foundation. And this underlying pulse that just vibrates your whole body. All going on at the same time. I've never heard that scene and heard the layers of bass like that before. And at that volume and intensity. Damn how low is that bass going my body was friggin vibrating man. Unreal I felt like I just got high. My head is still buzzing from that

Then I watched The Mummy. It was in Atmos. Not every scene was great but the plane crash wow man that was just epic. Just sounded awesome.

Bookmark

Bookmark

Full Audioholic
Then I watched The Mummy. It was in Atmos. Not every scene was great but the plane crash wow man that was just epic. Just sounded awesome.
Sorry, think I am going to disagree regarding the Mummy for the plane crash sequence, at least on my setup.:( I was disappointed when I watched it previously, so I gave it another shot this morning. Bass wise it might be fine, but the Crows were a real wasted opportunity, I expected far more front to back or through left to right. There is some overhead creaks and rumbles, but the volume seems lower than it should be and the all round effect is minimal. I had hope for a more roll cage type experience as it descended If you watch Rampage about 44 mins in and compare it to that, this was more of what I had hoped for. :) Could be a heights (mine) versus overhead thing.

No argument on the Underworlds, they have all up mixed well so far. Not done Awakening recently but that sounded pretty good the last time. :cool:

I don't know about very well,:) I can hear them, but then I am still just past the Dam. :eek: I will do the rest of it today. :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis