What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Got 4 of the Infinity Reference 6532ex coaxials for my Tacoma. There is old JBL's (truck is a '99') in there now that have lived better days. Will start with these and see if I need amps and a sub from there. Has an older Alpine head unit in there as well. Hopefully it ends up being adequate, or, that an additional amp would correct any issues. I don't listen so loud anymore so, going for better SQ than anything else. I have a feeling a small sub is going to be next.

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Well some standards for me
Annihlation
Both Deadpools
Den of Theives
Donnie Darko
Inception
Edge of Tommorow I'm a little scared of that one tho I must admit I've heard horror stories of what it does to subs
Logan
Mr Brooks
Ninja Assassin :guilty pleasure:)
Pacific Rim
SunShine
Split
Gravity
Do you have any good suggestions? This actually a great idea for a thread lol
Oblivion, soundtrack is amazing!

Mike

J

Jeff5347

Audioholic
Well some standards for me
Annihlation
Both Deadpools
Den of Theives
Donnie Darko
Inception
Edge of Tommorow I'm a little scared of that one tho I must admit I've heard horror stories of what it does to subs
Logan
Mr Brooks
Ninja Assassin :guilty pleasure:)
Pacific Rim
SunShine
Split
Gravity
Do you have any good suggestions? This actually a great idea for a thread lol
Super 8.
The train crash scene works the subs

Attachments

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Not that this is a new purchase, but I finally got my turntable set up again .... just need to replace an old Ortofon MC20 pickup too, a Dynavector arm pending usage....

Turntable is set onto a stone plate that again sits on Danish Valhalla rubber pads, to kill vibrations as much as possible, inexpensive and efficient.

IMG_0184.JPG

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Long Story, after 2 failed attempts to sell my X, I finally was able to sell it for $900
- This delayed my pre-order which is shipping out on the 27th

- I am a man, I need instant gratification so, like an idiot, I got in line at 5AM at an Apple Store on Friday
(I was the 5th person in line) wow have things changed

- 7:30AM they only have the 64GB model, I was livid, and gave up

Funny part is that I stop by another Apple Store on my way home from work just to ask if they will have any on Saturday, and low and behold, they had plenty, so I stand in line.

Then Apple has their big POS, (Point of Service) outage not what you were thinking :D

So there is this line of 60 people who are waiting to get their phone but can't because their reservation system is down.

I am in a second line and the first person in the non pre order line. People who were pre-ordered/paid reservation line for their phone were screwed and had to wait for over an hour

Since I didn't preorder, they were able to get my phone right away. I guess that was Karma from the AM.

Long story...but I love the XS MAX. It is the perfect size phone and much better than the X for flying my drone. I am now able to get rid of my Ipad Pro.

I know their are many people who hate Apple, but I am not one of them, which is good because my BMW X3 M40I only works with Apple Carplay and not Android Auto.

So I am now selling this extra phone on craigslist @ cost so I can keep my rewards points on my Credit Card. Win Win

Attachments

Last edited:
billg71

billg71

Audioholic Intern
It's been a while since I posted here but I've recently replaced and added a couple of things:

Marantz SR6012 receiver replaced the Cambridge CXR120 so I can finally switch 4K video through the receiver instead of through the Samsung display.

Just received an Odyssey Stratos Stereo Plus amp, the Gallo Ref 3.1's don't sound the same as when powered by the Cambridge.

And I drug the Gallo SA amp out of the storeroom to power the second voice coils in the 3.1's, hope I get better low end this way compared to the Gallo Classico CL10 sub I was using.

I'm waiting on some BJC cables to hook everything up. And I need to run a new 20A circuit for the amps.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
How many fellow Canucks remember this band? I picked this up in an antique store over the weekend along with the Strawbs album below it .. both on vinyl.

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
Ordered some fancy new nail and toe nail clippers for the first time ever! I'm not sure where all the others one came from, theyve just always been in the drawer but I dont recall ever buying any. These are state of the art stainless steel black for 8.99! Even includes a fancy leather case! My toe nails will be the envy of the neighborhood! Are you guys jealous? :cool:

618-JOttmpL._SL1500_.jpg

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Ordered some fancy new nail and toe nail clippers for the first time ever! I'm not sure where all the others one came from, theyve just always been in the drawer but I dont recall ever buying any. These are state of the art stainless steel black for 8.99! Even includes a fancy leather case! My toe nails will be the envy of the neighborhood! Are you guys jealous? :cool:

View attachment 26025
I'm very jealous bro very :mad::mad::mad:

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
Yep, if I play it loud, it make my subs crap out. Peace and goodwill.
My theater door doesnt latch shut as good as it should, but it works and stays closed. Interstellar is the one and only movie that has ever popped that door open! The movie opens doors! :p

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
My theater door doesnt latch shut as good as it should, but it works and stays closed. Interstellar is the one and only movie that has ever popped that door open! The movie opens doors! :p
Which scenes in the movie have the biggest bass? I have a copy on Blu-ray but honestly only watched it once so far.

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
Hmm, dont remember. Seems like whenever the ships are flying around it rumbles really really low.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Hmm, dont remember. Seems like whenever the ships are flying around it rumbles really really low.
It’s recorded so there are very quiet scenes and then loud scenes. I’ll need to watch it when my GF is away. She always messes with the volume by turning it way down when the loud scenes happen. :) There is a lot of bass and rumble in scene/chapter 10. When they land the ship and when waves hit it and when the ship takes off again. :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis