What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
lol, actually this is my third UMIK and my 4th mic overall. The first two UMIK's were part of their very first batch that were all messed up. They were calibrated incorrectly or something and there was no way to fix them with just a cal file. The other is a CSL calibrated Behringer mic, but it needs phantom power and I have no idea where the outboard soundcard is and a new one would have cost almost as much as the UMIK. So there's my mic journey :D
I stand corrected....

Was that a pun???

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Hmm says file too large when I try to attach photos.
Might have to downsize them somehow. My desktop has an app that allows me to do just that. It came with Windows 10 under "Photos". You can google it and find something that would do that as well. Looking forward to your pics.:)

Phil

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
LP gear elliptical stylus replacement for my Rega Carbon phono cart supposedly an upgrade. I am satisfied with the sound of the Carbons conical cart on my mostly well used LPs so I haven't tried it yet but I wanted an extra stylus so what the heck.
Dave

WineOfTheVeins

WineOfTheVeins

Audioholic
Traded in my used Rega RP3 for a 2 month used Rega Planar 6 w/ Exact cartridge & NEO psu.
She's dreamy!! o_O

Attachments

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Traded in my used Rega RP3 for a 2 month used Rega Planar 6 w/ Exact cartridge & NEO psu.
She's dreamy!! o_O
Sweet! I'm using a carbon cart on a Planar 3 and it sounds great to me. The carbon is more than decent but nowhere near the Dynavector DX3 I had on my Thorens back in the 90s. So cart did you have on the RP3?
Dave

Last edited:
WineOfTheVeins

WineOfTheVeins

Audioholic
Sweet! I'm using a carbon cart on a Planar 3 and it sounds great to me. The carbon is more than decent but nowhere near the Dynavector DX3 I had on my Thorens back in the 90s. So cart did you have on the RP3?
Dave
Thanks! Nice setup yourself! The RP3 came with the Elys 2. Pretty dang good for the $.

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
I just bought a 40 year old bottle of wine for my wifes upcoming 40th birthday. I've never tried vintage wine and don't know alot about it, but it will be fun to give it to her! I've read that we might not like it, but I think the bottle that says 1978 on it will be a cool conversation piece if nothing else.

WineOfTheVeins

WineOfTheVeins

Audioholic
I just bought a 40 year old bottle of wine for my wifes upcoming 40th birthday. I've never tried vintage wine and don't know alot about it, but it will be fun to give it to her! I've read that we might not like it, but I think the bottle that says 1978 on it will be a cool conversation piece if nothing else.
That's super cool! Mind showing a pic? A bit of a connoisseur myself. She is going to love that! :eek:

G

gholt

Full Audioholic
RBH side kick. My first Bluetooth speaker.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
I havent received the wine yet. Ordered it on winebid and waiting for it to ship. Heres what I ordered.
https://www.winebid.com/BuyWine/Item/6757543/1978-Jordan-Alexander-Valley-Cabernet-Sauvignon

I got another cool idea from howard stern this morning. Theres a site called celebvm.com where you can have celibrities record a happy birthday message to someone for anywhere from 40 to 100 bucks in most cases. Its pretty much all b celebs and I didnt recognize most of them, but Tyler Labine is on there so I ordered one from him. He shows up in a lot of the comedy movies we watch and my wife really likes him.

Heres my baby.
mrsdrunkpenguin.jpg

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
Mostly loose fit so some work yet to go on the island, but I should have it ready for stone by the weekend.

1537464905511.png

These are going in it to finally get my grilling pad completed.

1537465043701.png

The Blaze natural gas 4 burner

1537465133311.png

The Primo XL...basically a made in America version of the Big Green Egg

I hope to be on these new grills by the end of the month....will post a final pic.

2channel lover

I havent received the wine yet. Ordered it on winebid and waiting for it to ship. Heres what I ordered.
https://www.winebid.com/BuyWine/Item/6757543/1978-Jordan-Alexander-Valley-Cabernet-Sauvignon

I got another cool idea from howard stern this morning. Theres a site called celebvm.com where you can have celibrities record a happy birthday message to someone for anywhere from 40 to 100 bucks in most cases. Its pretty much all b celebs and I didnt recognize most of them, but Tyler Labine is on there so I ordered one from him. He shows up in a lot of the comedy movies we watch and my wife really likes him.

Heres my baby.
View attachment 25861
You've done well for yourself sir!

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Mostly loose fit so some work yet to go on the island, but I should have it ready for stone by the weekend.

View attachment 25864

These are going in it to finally get my grilling pad completed.

View attachment 25866
The Blaze natural gas 4 burner

View attachment 25867

The Primo XL...basically a made in America version of the Big Green Egg

I hope to be on these new grills by the end of the month....will post a final pic.
When can we come for a visit and do some testing .... I mean eating ;)

2channel lover

When can we come for a visit and do some testing .... I mean eating ;)
You and me both...The grills have been sitting in the garage for a week+ now, anxious to get some fire/smoke going!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis